Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2019, 09:04:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers Transactions - May 19, 2019  (Read 1041 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: May 19, 2019, 02:37:45 PM »

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 19, 2019

WINNIPEG, MB., May 19, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following player transactions:

Added to roster:

International running back John Santiago (UND)

Transferred to suspended:
International receiver Kenbrell Thompkins

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
the.inkster

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 03:42:09 PM »

Not sure if I just missed it somewhere - but what's the story with Thompkins?
Gridiron guy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 03:46:19 PM »

The Bombers made multiple attempts to contact him during the offseason and they couldn't contact him so he has been suspended.
GCn18

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 05:37:58 PM »

Guess he isn't coming back. Not a big loss if that's the kind of attitude he has.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 05:54:08 PM »

well losing Thompkin sucks... lose him, don't sign Dressler and we only have 3 receivers that had more than 10 receptions with the Bombers last year, or ever... oh well...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 06:49:47 PM »

We released Stewart after day 1 of camp. Thought he was reported to be showing promise in Florida but so were others. Can't keep everyone.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 06:53:59 PM »

well losing Thompkin sucks... lose him, don't sign Dressler and we only have 3 receivers that had more than 10 receptions with the Bombers last year, or ever... oh well...
You do realize most teams don't dress 5 veteran receivers right? Adam's, Matthew's, Demski, Wolit right?
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 06:59:28 PM »

I'm not that upset about Thompkins. 421 yards of offense and one touchdown isn't really that much production to replace. He seemed to disappear down the stretch anyway. He only had 57 yards in the last six games and was held without a catch three times.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »

You do realize most teams don't dress 5 veteran receivers right? Adam's, Matthew's, Demski, Wolit right?

yes, quite aware of that... but, if the opportunity could have presented itself it could have been nice to actually start a season with a group of guys that our QB1 knew and were already comfortable and knowledgeable with the Bomber offense...

I'm not that upset about Thompkins. 421 yards of offense and one touchdown isn't really that much production to replace. He seemed to disappear down the stretch anyway. He only had 57 yards in the last six games and was held without a catch three times.

I really liked Thompkins, but true, 421 yards isn't setting the league on fire, but he only played in 11 games... plus, I feel like he did a lot with the opportunity he got, he was 3rd on the team in yards per game, only Adams and Dressler having more per game... he was 1st on the team in yards per target, 2nd in avg yards per completion, 2nd in completion percentage, tied for 2nd in 30+ yard completions, and 1st in Percent of Successful Plays per Receptions, 86.2%, (receptions that netted 7+ yds on 1st down or 1st downs on receptions on 2nd or 3rd down) as well as 1st in Percent of Successful Plays per Target, 62.5%... while his total numbers weren't crazy, he was productive when he did play...

I actually thought Thompkins could have be that one player, the first rookie import to actually play for the Bombers the following year since something like 2010 or so, lol... oh well... onward and upward...  Grin

KINGCHARLES

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 08:44:22 PM »

yes, quite aware of that... but, if the opportunity could have presented itself it could have been nice to actually start a season with a group of guys that our QB1 knew and were already comfortable and knowledgeable with the Bomber offense...

I really liked Thompkins, but true, 421 yards isn't setting the league on fire, but he only played in 11 games... plus, I feel like he did a lot with the opportunity he got, he was 3rd on the team in yards per game, only Adams and Dressler having more per game... he was 1st on the team in yards per target, 2nd in avg yards per completion, 2nd in completion percentage, tied for 2nd in 30+ yard completions, and 1st in Percent of Successful Plays per Receptions, 86.2%, (receptions that netted 7+ yds on 1st down or 1st downs on receptions on 2nd or 3rd down) as well as 1st in Percent of Successful Plays per Target, 62.5%... while his total numbers weren't crazy, he was productive when he did play...

I actually thought Thompkins could have be that one player, the first rookie import to actually play for the Bombers the following year since something like 2010 or so, lol... oh well... onward and upward...  Grin

I don?t think NFL vets count as rookies in the CFL. Thompkins played like 30+ games in the NFL.
Part of his decline in numbers  down the stretch was having Dressler back in the lineup. If the club wasn?t loyal to Dressler, Thompkins probably would have been a 1,000 yard WR.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
thunderNlightning

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »

Ernest Jackson just came available
66 Chevelle

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 10:55:33 PM »

I don?t think NFL vets count as rookies in the CFL. Thompkins played like 30+ games in the NFL.
Part of his decline in numbers  down the stretch was having Dressler back in the lineup. If the club wasn?t loyal to Dressler, Thompkins probably would have been a 1,000 yard WR.

I'm not really sure how that works to be honest... I'll clarify with 1 year CFL player and receiver for the Bombers...  Grin

I was really hoping to surround Nichols with as many familiar targets that we has already built chemistry with... especially early on and given the changes to the O line... would like to see him as comfortable and confident as can be to hopefully get off to a fast start for him... we have a pretty good roster, barring injury, and could very well be the team to beat this year... fingers crossed... lol...

blue girl

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 11:10:37 PM »

IMO Thompkins not being here is no big loss. We have Adams, Wolitarsky and Demski returning plus Washington was also here last year. And of course the addition of Matthews is huge. Not to mention all these new receivers that we have. We'll be okay.
booch

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 12:34:42 AM »

to be honest...i am not worried about our receivers in the least now...Adams, Woli and Matthews are as top notch #1 and #2 import and  #1 Canadian  as you can find in the league and Demski is no slouch either...whomever grabs the 5th spot doesnt have to be leaned on for uber production..the guys imentioned have that covered already..he just needs to compliment/augment it.

Thats also in addition to teams having to focus on Harris in light of the receivers...OFFENCE on this squad wont be an isssue
gobombersgo

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 12:56:25 AM »

I'm not really sure how that works to be honest... I'll clarify with 1 year CFL player and receiver for the Bombers...  Grin

I was really hoping to surround Nichols with as many familiar targets that we has already built chemistry with... especially early on and given the changes to the O line... would like to see him as comfortable and confident as can be to hopefully get off to a fast start for him... we have a pretty good roster, barring injury, and could very well be the team to beat this year... fingers crossed... lol...

If a player has played in at least one regular season NFL game they aren't eligible for rookie of the year voting. But, they are considered to rookies or first year players when it relates CBA stuff like being able to attend rookie camp, amount of training camp pay etc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: