Blue Bombers Forum
August 23, 2019, 06:11:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Two 2019 CFL Draft Selections  (Read 641 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: May 15, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Two 2019 CFL Draft Selections

WINNIPEG, MB., May 15, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed the two of their 2019 CFL Draft selections - offensive lineman Drew Desjarlais and receiver Malik Richards.

Desjarlais
(6-2, 307, Windsor, April 24, 1997 in Belle River, ON) was selected fourth overall. He spent four seasons at Windsor, playing and starting 27 games over that time at both right and left guard.  He played for the West Team in the U SPORTS East-West Bowl last season and was named an OUA second-team all-star.

Richards (6-1, 195, Mount Allison University, in Brampton, ON) was selected 43rd overall. He appeared in 24 games over four seasons with the Mounties. In 2018, Richards caught 48 passes for 531 yards and three touchdowns, adding 18 rushes for 195 yards and two touchdowns on his way to being named an AUS all-star. Richards also played for the East Team in the 2018 U SPORTS East-West Bowl.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »

Good news. We're going to have some young OL talent competing for roster spots.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 02:16:01 PM »

Cool. Just one left and it's possibly less pressing if he's still rehabbing that knee.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:06 AM »

How on earth are we going to get all these players down to the mandated final count on cutoff day?  There's going to be some epic culling ahead.  There's going to be so many IMP rookies heading home it will make your head spin.  Competition for spots is going to be fierce.

Even our NATs represent a cornucopia of talent.  Are we going to be cutting a bunch of NATs too, especially OL and receiver?  I really hope we keep one/some high-potential D NATs.
TBURGESS

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 11:04:54 AM »

Every year, folks talk about how great this player or that player's resume and/or vid are. Every year, the competition at TC is amazingly good. Every year, most of the new players go home. That's just how it works this time of the year.

Being right never gets old.
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 05:51:39 PM »

And they are all signed, plus one more...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 05:55:40 PM »

How on earth are we going to get all these players down to the mandated final count on cutoff day?  There's going to be some epic culling ahead.  There's going to be so many IMP rookies heading home it will make your head spin.  Competition for spots is going to be fierce.

Even our NATs represent a cornucopia of talent.  Are we going to be cutting a bunch of NATs too, especially OL and receiver?  I really hope we keep one/some high-potential D NATs.

I dunno about "epic". Right now we just have a to of question marks. Every year there are a ton of IMP rookies cut. Mostly because that's what's making up a good bit of the roster.

I dunno about a cornucopia of talent at NAT receiver. We have our 4 from last year. After that, nothing new. No cuts. OL I agree we are stacked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: