Blue Bombers Forum
August 25, 2019, 01:39:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weston Dressler Discussion  (Read 3583 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »

Dressler is a proven playmaker that has one intangible the others can only hope to acquire?confidence. He makes everyone around him better and I am still hoping we can make this happen

Oday said Dressler is not an option, and if there was a team that needed his contribution on the field... well...

I think he is waiting for one last shot, and then, hopefully, he is our final coach added to our roster, taking over the Rec's from Lapo...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
PurpleReign

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »

Oday said Dressler is not an option, and if there was a team that needed his contribution on the field... well...

I think he is waiting for one last shot, and then, hopefully, he is our final coach added to our roster, taking over the Rec's from Lapo...

No doubt that he is a very good player but it looks like all CFL teams are concerned about his health issues, or he would have been already signed.   I can see him signing with a team if they lose a receiver during the season at some point.
GCn18

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2019, 06:05:43 PM »

No doubt that he is a very good player but it looks like all CFL teams are concerned about his health issues, or he would have been already signed.   I can see him signing with a team if they lose a receiver during the season at some point.

I agree. Weston's age/injury history work against him right now but I could easily see him airlifted in somewhere this season.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2019, 08:20:22 PM »

obviously no longer a #1 or #2 option receiver, but, as a #4 or #5 option his durability may improve vastly... but, salary would have to match intended use/need...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2019, 10:03:19 PM »

obviously no longer a #1 or #2 option receiver, but, as a #4 or #5 option his durability may improve vastly... but, salary would have to match intended use/need...

Roster size, ratio as well as SMS work against this idea. At this point we don't even know who all the starting import receivers are going to be.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2019, 03:40:11 AM »

Again based on last yr he would be an outstanding fourth or fifth receiver, of course at a equal rate of pay   At  a base with bonuses for specifics, starts, games played. Receptions.  As a non prime time receiver he could easily get ten TDs a game being covered by the fifth DB. Plus. He still ran that Jet sweep successfully.

Again for the right Money.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:11:46 PM by DM83 » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2019, 04:04:49 AM »

Again based on last yr he would be an outstanding fourth or fifth receiver, of course at a equal rate of lay.  Aye a base with bonuses for specifics, starts, ages played. Receptions.  As a non prime time receiver he could easily get ten TDs a game being covered by the fifth DB. Plus. He still ran that Jet sweep successfully.

Again for the right Money.

You said it.  I remember that Dressler draw/run up the left side (was it B-gap?) in '18, don't remember which game.  Had everyone fooled and he ran right past everybody grasping at air for like 20 yards.

It would be great if in the end Dressler decides to "Wild"-it and take a big pay cut to stay with us for 1 more year to get his ring.
DM83

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2019, 12:12:32 PM »

Yup!

I wonder where he is?
GCn18

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2019, 12:32:39 PM »

You said it.  I remember that Dressler draw/run up the left side (was it B-gap?) in '18, don't remember which game.  Had everyone fooled and he ran right past everybody grasping at air for like 20 yards.

It would be great if in the end Dressler decides to "Wild"-it and take a big pay cut to stay with us for 1 more year to get his ring.

Dressler has a ring.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2019, 04:19:46 AM »

Dressler has a ring.

Hehe, ya, I meant his BLUE & GOLD ring  Cheesy.  Who wants a green ring, anyhow  Grin Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: