Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2019, 09:04:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weston Dressler Discussion  (Read 3458 times)
GCn18

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 04:35:01 PM »

Exactly. SMS, roster size and ratio prevent keeping Dressler around. Yes he may still be a more proven entity than some of the rookies. However if you don't put the rookie on the AR in place of a veteran, how do you know that a given rookie isn't better in the long run?

Every veteran is replaced eventually. Some are replaced too soon from a playing point of view but the real question is SMS across the entire roster.

If our scouting has turned up a bunch of duds, I'd be all in favor of re-signing Dressler at a reduced price tag. However, if we have any of the kids show some upside we should pass on Dressler.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 05:59:49 PM »

If our scouting has turned up a bunch of duds, I'd be all in favor of re-signing Dressler at a reduced price tag. However, if we have any of the kids show some upside we should pass on Dressler.

As a veteran Dressler would probably have received a signing bonus. We won't know about the new rookies for awhile but some sound promising but that's usually the case going into every TC.

If none of the 2018 PR receivers: Nelson, Washington, Lawler stick and none of the rookies win the 3rd starting role, then questions will continue about the work of the scouts.

Maybe Thompkins hangs onto the 3rd import receiver spot and shines? I'd like to think we will find some new young talent in this round of rookies.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 12:02:38 AM »

Not a question at all. It's green and no one should even think for a second that he should choose blue.

How many years with WPG now?  ... If by some chance we sign and start him (cheap) in '19, and he wins a GC with us, would that change the retirement color equation?  Surely you don't win a GC in blue then immediately retire in green?

If our scouting has turned up a bunch of duds, I'd be all in favor of re-signing Dressler at a reduced price tag.

When has our receiver scouting ever turned up anything but duds?  Wink

Maybe Thompkins hangs onto the 3rd import receiver spot and shines? I'd like to think we will find some new young talent in this round of rookies.

Hope springs eternal!
DM83

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 01:22:51 AM »

For the right money, Dressler could. Have an outstanding year here.  Defences will have to cover Matthews amd. Adams and even Wojo.  Dressler would gether Fourth best cover guy on him.  Dressler would be getting a TD and a half a game.

Bonus laden contract?
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 01:57:14 AM »

For the right money, Dressler could. Have an outstanding year here.  Defences will have to cover Matthews amd. Adams and even Wojo.  Dressler would gether Fourth best cover guy on him.  Dressler would be getting a TD and a half a game.

Bonus laden contract?

God you guys are depressing.
This receiving core is a joke.  Zero to get better.
Geez at this point signing Dressler would be the second biggest signing of the year.  How pathetic is Walters!?

Still not enough.  But when Adams. Goes down by the fifth game  ...time to bring back Hoss humard and suit. Wade up.  There will be zero people to throw to.

Seriously, this won't even be pro football.  This is bad.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 03:04:27 AM »

I think anyone hoping he remains injury free for an entire year at this stage of his career is a fantasy. I wish him the best, but probably time to move on. He's been an FA for a few months now and no one has picked him up yet,  but if he is still available later in the season he might be a good injury sub at that point if these other receivers get dinged up or don't pan out. Less impact to the SMS and fewer games where he might get dinged up.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 04:31:50 AM »

Our receiving corp is not good.. not good at all..
kkc60

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 04:37:16 AM »

I'd argue it's better than it has been in a long time. Frankly we have one question mark at rec. ONE
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 05:34:53 AM »

Huh, what?  Must be a /sarc on that one.

With the signing of Matthews our corps went from "meh, hope a rookie shines" to well-complemented group of legit threats.

We really are so close to greatness.  Our D will be the best in the league by a mile this year.  Our O will best their record last year by a wide margin, and be a serious contender for #1 O.  Our RB is the best in the CFL, and is a NAT to boot.  Our other NAT O talent is second to none.  Our OL should be on par with last year by labor day.  Our backup QB is the best in the CFL.  Walters has filled in the entire puzzle.  Everything.  This is literally the best all-round Bomber team in, well, forever.
booch

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »

To say a group with Adam's.. Matthew's.. Woli and Demski and whomever fills it out is not good...is an idiot
GCn18

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 11:16:19 AM »

Huh, what?  Must be a /sarc on that one.

With the signing of Matthews our corps went from "meh, hope a rookie shines" to well-complemented group of legit threats.

We really are so close to greatness.  Our D will be the best in the league by a mile this year.  Our O will best their record last year by a wide margin, and be a serious contender for #1 O.  Our RB is the best in the CFL, and is a NAT to boot.  Our other NAT O talent is second to none.  Our OL should be on par with last year by labor day.  Our backup QB is the best in the CFL.  Walters has filled in the entire puzzle.  Everything.  This is literally the best all-round Bomber team in, well, forever.

I like your optimism. I disagree with some of your statements, but I like your optimism. We definitely have some question marks in the secondary and OL that can't be ignored right now, but overall I agree this is a strong roster. I wouldn't call it a given that the OL will be as dominant, or that our D will be the best by a mile. That's overstating things methinks. However, they don't have to be for us to be successful. IF the new players in the secondary, OL, WIL, receiving corps, and we get 2017 Matt Nichols, we should be contending for a Grey Cup.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »

We just need 1 of about 12 imports to fill our 3rd import receiver spot at an above average level. Some decent depth and we're going to have a very good core.

There are some promising youngsters so fingers are crossed we're headed in the right direction.

Matthews signing is huge literally and figuratively.

No more excuses.
NewBlue

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

OK, so maybe wrong thread but fits with the current discussion....
Who's going to have the bigger year:  Adams or Matthews?  Barring injury ofcourse.

I think they'll be very close and each will help the other, as who does the opposition cover more?
In the end hopefully it opens up our Canucks more!
I'm going to say 1000 yards each for Adams & Matthews, 500 each for Demski & Woli
Blue In BC

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »

OK, so maybe wrong thread but fits with the current discussion....
Who's going to have the bigger year:  Adams or Matthews?  Barring injury ofcourse.

I think they'll be very close and each will help the other, as who does the opposition cover more?
In the end hopefully it opens up our Canucks more!
I'm going to say 1000 yards each for Adams & Matthews, 500 each for Demski & Woli

I think Adams will have the bigger year. Teams will have to double Matthews at times instead of Adams. Both should have big seasons and defenses are going to have to game plan against more than 1 receiver. Both players are capable of scoring from anywhere on the field.

That's a new dynamic which will add to our offense.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »

the real winners hee will be Woli and Demski...things are going to really open up for them with pretty much an extra defender now pulled away from them to account for Matthews and Adams, also if we get a real burner slot added to it...it will make us way more dynamic this year, and the ripple effect is that Harris is going to have less defenders and congestion to deal with this year inside the box if you utilize our weapons correctly...a safety now is going to have to respect the pass and be pulled away in over the top support more, as well as the SAM may have to be in more of a pursuit mode now against us and not being able to spy the back field.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: