Blue Bombers Forum
October 15, 2019, 06:50:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers sign 2, cut 2  (Read 580 times)
VictorRomano

« on: May 25, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed international offensive lineman Jamar McGloster and Israel Helms. 

McGloster (6-7, 329, Syracuse, June 1995, Newark, N.J.) Played in 30 games for the Syracuse Orange, including 24 consecutive starts at right tackle from 2016-17 and was on the field for 1,858 snaps over his last two seasons. McGloster went undrafted out of Baylor and signed with the Raiders in January. 

Helms (6-5, 305, Wayne State University, June 18, 1997, Southfield, MI) started all his 11 games for the Wayne State Warriors as a big offensive tackle. Helms signed as an undrafted free agent with Tampa Bay following this year?s NFL Draft.

The team also announces the club has released international offensive lineman Frank Sutton and international defensive lineman Evan Perrizo.

https://www.facebook.com/116622215037415/posts/2605684122797866/
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:07:10 PM »

The only thing that surprises me is the higher focus on import OL. We seem to be looking at more than we usually do during TC. I've mentioned it before but I wonder if they are looking at replacing Foketi?

This would be more to do with not having to roster Foketi on the DR at full salary while a rookie OL would be on the PR. So an SMS saving and creating a DR spot for a different individual.

I know they like Foketi but how long can you keep a player on the DR instead of finding the next Foketi as a rookie?

The extra DR spot might be needed to keep another 2019 draft choice.

Also see in the TC report string that Foketi has not been in camp? Nothing mentioned earlier about this but I would have thought the team would suspend him at least temporarily?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:16:44 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 02:08:57 PM »

The only thing that surprises me is the higher focus on import OL. We seem to be looking at more than we usually do during TC. I've mentioned it before but I wonder if they are looking at replacing Foketi?

This would be more to do with not having to roster Foketi on the DR at full salary while a rookie OL would be on the PR. So and SMS saving and creating a DR spot for a different individual.

I know they like Foketi but how long can you keep a player on the DR instead of finding the next Foketi as a rookie?

The extra DR spot might be needed to keep another 2019 draft choice.

Announced in another thread but Foketi is a no-show.  Took them till now to announce it and the media didn't even notice he was missing.
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 02:15:36 PM »

Announced in another thread but Foketi is a no-show.  Took them till now to announce it and the media didn't even notice he was missing.

Interesting but that answers why there are more import OL being brought in. We've gone from thinking Foketi was an alternative if we're going to start 3 import OL to he's not with the team.

I wonder if this is related to the 2018 injury and not healthy yet or him just deciding not playing means it's time to move on?

You'd think the team would make some sort of announcement even if that was only to suspend or place him as injured vet status. I suppose we could perhaps trade him to a team needing a starter on their OL but his trade value wouldn't be very high.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:17:43 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: