Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2019, 09:05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL and Players Association Reach New Deal  (Read 3768 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2019, 02:13:47 AM »

I think Global Players should be allowed to step in for a N or NI and have it not affect in game ratios.

Now that's a good idea.  Get rid of the idea of IMPs substuting for NATs and make it so GLOBs can sub for NATs.  They have to do something or GLOBs will never see the field.  Now I don't really care either way, but it seems Ambrosie wants them to play.

A coach that used this tactic without merit could find himself refereeing a divided locker room.

Would it be divided if all the players knew they were a shoe-in for GC rings?  Would they be divided if they won every season game?  Besides, if you fired all your middle-road NATs, and hired just ELC NATs to "take a dive" then who's going to complain?  Your top-star NATs would still play.

I sure hope you are right.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »

Bob Irving
‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
2h2 hours ago

Labor peace in the CFL formalized as Players and The league ratify new 3-year CBA. Whoopee Ding😀😀😀

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »

Bob Irving
‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
2h2 hours ago

Labor peace in the CFL formalized as Players and The league ratify new 3-year CBA. Whoopee Ding😀😀😀

I wonder if they will publish this agreement, almost impossible to give it a fair assessment and understand the context of the rule changes without reading the complete document.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2019, 06:49:42 PM »

I wonder if they will publish this agreement, almost impossible to give it a fair assessment and understand the context of the rule changes without reading the complete document.

Published or not, anything that is a "rule" (onfield or off) that teams need to follow will have to be published in full.  That's practically everything, right?

I really want to see the IMP vet substitution wording...

As soon as someone gets their hands on it, post it here!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2019, 07:01:23 PM »

CFLPA allowed rookie players to vote to help get new CBA ratified:

https://3downnation.com/2019/05/23/cflpa-allowed-rookie-players-to-vote-to-help-get-new-cba-ratified/

Pretty disturbing if true, many players who have never played a single game in the CFL were allowed to vote on the CBA.  This could largely skew the ratio of the vote in favour of Import/rookie players, many who will be cut before actually playing their first regular season game.  It also invites the likely possibility of uninformed rookies (who probably lack knowledge) voting exactly how their player rep. tells them to. 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:04:49 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Fire101
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »

That's disturbing. You shouldn't be allowed to vote until you start paying union dues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even on a National stage you can only vote if you are a Canadian citizen. Work permit, resident status, student etc. doesn't cut it.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »

If you are under contract (which the rookies are), and you are being compensated for providing service (such as having your travel and subsistence costs paid by the employer during training camp), then you are a member of the bargaining unit and eligible to vote.

When I was a brand-new member of the organization that I now work for, I was taken to a bargaining ratification meeting. I voted and I didn't have much of a clue what I was voting on. But I was a member, and I was entitled to my vote, just like everyone else was.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: