Blue Bombers Forum
April 09, 2020, 02:43:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Season Predictions  (Read 4282 times)
Jesse

« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2019, 12:37:43 AM »

Didn't post my predictions, but I had expected Cal to finish first with Winnipeg and Edmonton battling for second. I assumed BC would be in the cross over spot with Sask bringing up the rear.

Oh well.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2019, 10:19:52 AM »

Well many of us including myself had the Riders pegged dead last or 4th.....nobody gave Dickenson much chance of finishing even in the playoffs and here they are clinching first in the West.

There was some post in the off-season (or even last season) where I said I wanted Dickerson The Lesser brought to WPG because he had perfected the uncalled hold foul on his (SSK) STs.  I even brought up how with him as HC they'd probably morph into an all-holding all-the-time team on every phase.  Turns out I was 100% correct.

I didn't think max-holding would be enough to get rebuild-basketcase SSK much above 4th in the W, and I was wrong about that.  It turns out uncalled holding is a massive advantage that turns an ok O into a yards powerhouse.  And it turns out max-hold ST, just like 2018, can rack up massive returns.

But it could all change on a dime if SSK gets a ref who actually calls holding.  Like Proulx.  Proulx, and maybe Bradbury, are the last refs who actually bother to look for holds.  I pray when we meet SSK in the WF that we get one of those two guys and they lay down the standard early by calling some SSK OL/WR and ST holding.

Until the league decides to change the holding standard back to what it was 5 years ago, or the refs start calling it again, I think Dickerson The Lesser has found the holy grail of football.  Since he'll be in SSK a while, I would suggest we study their holding tactics on all phases and implement the SSK formula for ourselves.

It's actually quite easy: all players at all times pick a guy and hold him, and never let go, no matter what.  Two hands or one.  When they're between the ball carrier and the holdee or completely behind the holdee.  At the point of attack or 30 yards away from the ball.  Important holdee or completely irrelevant holdee.  Hold him up or knock him down and sit on him.  Just hold.  Works for them!  And the CFL sanctions it.

Oh ya, and SSK got extremely lucky in nearly every game.  I strongly suspect SSK gets nowhere near #1 in the W in 2020.  And they won't make the GC this year.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: