Blue Bombers Forum
December 12, 2019, 01:45:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Season Predictions  (Read 3077 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »

Winnipeg
Calgary
BC
SSK (crossover)
Edm

Hamilton
Toronto
Ottawa
Mtl

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »

We dumb....
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2019, 11:13:20 PM »

We dumb....

It is amazing how many folks thought BC would finish higher than they did. Really amazing the fall off in BC.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2019, 11:21:22 PM »

It is amazing how many folks thought BC would finish higher than they did. Really amazing the fall off in BC.

Mike Reilly missed the playoffs two years in a row...
blue_or_die

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2019, 01:57:39 AM »

Calgary - I think will regress but I've been saying that every year for a decade now so I'll just take them already
Winnipeg - has made me a believer after rounding us out with Chris Matthews. We will have a stellar D with a great set of DBs, a Bighill-led LB corps, and an incredible DL with among the best bookends in the league (+ depth in Roh)
Edmonton - Had a lot of losses and did alright making up for them. They should be average.
BC - Everyone thinking Reilly will carry this entire team of his shoulders is dreaming. The team is gutted other than the throwing game and it's not going to be enough to win more than 7.
Sask - Damaged QB with no OL. Still very good D personnel but now no Chris Jones to tell them what to do.

Hamilton - Default
Whatever for the rest. West crosses over almost certainly.

I would be kind of happy to see Ottawa experience the lows of being a neo-CFL fan. They have been spoiled with playoff games, GC appearances, etc. Time to hurt a bit.

Pretty happy with past-blue_or_die

Obviously no one called the rise of CoFaj7, that being the big difference for most peoples' predictions. Also, the Als under Khari.

LOL @ my comments on Chris Matthews and Bighill. Although I can't blame myself for naming those 2 as impact players- we all thought they would be!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2019, 01:57:44 AM »

Well many of us including myself had the Riders pegged dead last or 4th.....nobody gave Dickenson much chance of finishing even in the playoffs and here they are clinching first in the West.   BC was a bust and many including myself, again, thought Claybrooks and Reilly would do well and boy were we wrong!   Just goes to show you can't bet the entire house on one player and that's what B.C. did.    

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2019, 02:48:02 AM »

OK now that pre-season is done and rosters are mostly settled lets go:

West - not many points will separate 1st from 5th:

BC (Claybrooks and Reilly make a difference)
Calgary (No first place this season)
Sask (will start cold and finish hot)
Winnipeg (will start hot and finish cold)
Edmonton (Maas finally implodes)

East:

Hamilton (Masoli is the real deal)
Montreal (Pipkin and Khari create some magic against all odds)
Toronto (sadly no one cares)
Ottawa (time to pay the piper for losing all those players)

BC hooped me in the west, correctly picked Sask ahead of Winnipeg and also Calgary missing first place...was accurate in the East...obviously no one saw Dane Evans excelling but I knew that team would be  good and knew Ottawa would stink...
TBURGESS

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »

Calgary - Won't win as many as last year. BLM is still the difference maker.
BC - Reilly will make a huge difference to a team that just missed last year. The defence will take some time to come together.
Winnipeg - Losing 3 NI all stars will hurt worse than most think. Nichols doesn't get back to his level of play from 2 years ago.
Edmonton - Did a good job of reloading in the off season, but Reilly is a huge loss.
Riders - Worst QB in the west behind a make shift OL without Jones' defence to bail them out.

Hamilton - Bad losing their OC yesterday, but they have a replacement in house. Can't see any other eastern team coming close.
Ottawa - Lost a ton of good players, but are in the right division.
Toronto - Went significantly younger. Will take time to jell.
Montreal - Made some good moves, but not enough to get them out of the basement.
I only got Hamilton and Winnipeg right.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2019, 01:44:19 PM »

The loss to Regina on LD was the back breaker. We had the lead an blew it. Win that game and we'd have had a 3 way tie with 12 wins and we'd have won the tie breaker against both Regina and Calgary.

That was a 4 point swing not in our favor. The other close losses had an impact as well but LD was the big one.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2019, 01:48:23 PM »

The loss to Regina on LD was the back breaker. We had the lead an blew it. Win that game and we'd have had a 3 way tie with 12 wins and we'd have won the tie breaker against both Regina and Calgary.

That was a 4 point swing not in our favor. The other close losses had an impact as well but LD was the big one.

Stop making me sad and angry! I think everyone on here knows this by now.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »

Pretty happy with past-blue_or_die

Obviously no one called the rise of CoFaj7, that being the big difference for most peoples' predictions. Also, the Als under Khari.

LOL @ my comments on Chris Matthews and Bighill. Although I can't blame myself for naming those 2 as impact players- we all thought they would be!
Well Matthews was it for me too as far as expectations and after Bighills outstanding MODP award the previous year,  it was automatic to expect another great season from him.    As it turned out Matthews was a bust and Bighill struggled to regain his form because of injury.   We had many a big play from Willie Jefferson as he did with the Riders however our D once again gave up too many yards passing and the reason why we lost 3 games in the 4th with a lead.   Our QB issues with Nichols being taken out and Streveler's heroic yet one dimensional play didn't help us down the stretch either.   Collaros may be our saviour now even though it's a lot to expect from him coming in at the 11th hour so to speak.....at the moment though I think he gives us our best shot!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »

Stop making me sad and angry! I think everyone on here knows this by now.

I wonder what the fire this guy or that guy would sound now if we had finished 1st. So close literally and so far at the same time.

This year we lost some really close games while the Stamps and Riders managed to win those close games.

EDIT: Our # 1 D finished 4th for points against but the difference was only 9 points from 2nd to 4th.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:15:54 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
blue girl

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2019, 06:41:09 PM »

I actually expected us to lose the LDC because we usually do but we should have won the second game in Regina. The 2 losses that really make me angry though are the ones in Toronto and Montreal where we had big leads and should have won. Just winning one of those games would have gotten us at least second place.
trapper

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2019, 08:25:42 PM »

I guess that's why games are played. No one was that close to predicting the West....

New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2019, 12:27:41 AM »

I was not even close  ......

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: