Blue Bombers Forum
May 24, 2019, 03:19:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rookie Camp - May 15 to 18, 2019  (Read 3760 times)
kkc60

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:29 PM »

I wasn't trying to do that. I made a statement about cumulative issues to the roster.

Which part of not added onto the roster and ratio are you not understanding. We drafted players in the CFL draft. 6 have been announced, signed AND added to the roster. 3 have not.

McQuire is another example of attending but not shown on the roster. There is now a roster limit of 75 " counters ". McQuire would be one and would need to be signed to attend the rookie camp.

Blue In BC

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 02:04:39 PM »

lol. The 2nd quote you included was the cumulative comments I was making that you weren't addressing. You choose to jump on the fact I missed the Mexican draft which was only 1 small part of the overall conversation about the incompleteness of team information.

Smiley

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »

Ok some interesting information. 55 players attending rookie camp. Main roster shows 89 players which includes all the non counter draft choices. By my count 3 from 2018 CFL draft, 8 from 2019 CFL draft and 4 from global draft.

Battle ( DB ) ( at Florida mini camp ), Mcquire ( QB ) and Hall (DB ) now on the main roster and attending rookie camp.

All the global players are attending rookie camp and listed as IMPORTS. Whether that's what they will be in the final process or whether a new classification is created? Don't know.

Hubert ( WR ) is on the main roster and rookie camp roster. He was at Florida mini camp.

Washington ( WR ) still on main roster but did not attend mini camp and now not rookie camp? Perhaps he was excused due to business, family issues or new medical issues? Lots of competition at receiver. Missing time won't help chances.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:21:16 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2019, 03:01:26 PM »

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 15, 2019

WINNIPEG, MB., May 15, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following player transactions:

Add to roster:

National defensive back Payton Hall (Saskatchewan)

International defensive back Elijah Battle (West Virginia)

International receiver Chris Hubert (Fayetteville State)

International offensive lineman Delroy Baker (Indiana)

International quarterback Sean McGuire (Western Illinois)

International kicker Gabriel Amavizca Ortiz

International linebacker Manuel Hernandez-Reyes

International defensive back Sergio Schiaffino Perez

International linebacker Thiadric Hansen

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »

Darrin Bauming, TSN.
‏ @DarrinBauming
27s27 seconds ago

Rookie linebacker Otha Peters Jr failed his physical and has been released. The #Bombers will likely fill that roster spot with a new offensive lineman.

kkc60

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2019, 06:12:05 PM »

lol. The 2nd quote you included was the cumulative comments I was making that you weren't addressing. You choose to jump on the fact I missed the Mexican draft which was only 1 small part of the overall conversation about the incompleteness of team information.

Smiley
Didn't jump. Just responded to what I knew I could answer. If you want I can just throw up a bunch of hypotheticals next time so i address everything
PeVee

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2019, 07:44:53 PM »

Anybody at the practise? Can't wait to hear about it.
Blue In BC

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »

Darrin Bauming, TSN.
‏ @DarrinBauming
27s27 seconds ago

Rookie linebacker Otha Peters Jr failed his physical and has been released. The #Bombers will likely fill that roster spot with a new offensive lineman.

We've got 14 OL coming already but sure add another one. The next S. Bryant could be the next guy they find.

Still thinking we're a little thin at import LB but we can add as needed I suppose.

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 02:05:29 AM »

Rookie Camp Day 1 Recap - Ed Tait

Brady Oliveira knelt for a moment at the edge of the practice field near the Subway South Soccer Complex late Wednesday afternoon, crossed himself and thanked the big man upstairs.

And the next step he took - as one of the 53 players at Winnipeg Blue Bombers rookie camp - was a significant one for the 21-year-old hometown product.

"You have no idea how much fun I had out there today," Oliveira told a large swarm of media after the first session of rookie camp. "It's a dream come true me being back in my hometown, wearing this blue and gold... it's a dream come true. I had so much fun out there.

"Being out in the U.S., I kinda forgot how much fun the Canadian game is with all the motions and stuff. I really did enjoy it. It was probably the most fun in football I've had in a very long time."

"It took me a little bit of time to remember I'm never staying still in the backfield, I'm always motioning," said Oliveira. "It is a lot of fun and it definitely does cause a lot of confusion for the defence.

"But the most fun I had out here was just catching the football. I didn't catch the ball much at UND (North Dakota) and it seems like out here every second play the running back is getting released out of the backfield and running routes. I think that's one of my strong suits. Just being able to catch the ball out here today was a lot of fun."

It's impossible to draw any conclusions from the first day of camp, particularly rookie camp, but Oliveira - selected in the second round, 14th overall, in the CFL Draft earlier this month - certainly looked comfortable running and catching out of the backfield.

It's his pass-catching skills that might be most important for Oliveira to showcase during camp, seeing as offensive coordinator Paul LaPolice has utilized Andrew Harris' exceptional hands as a regular component in the attack. Oliveira and Johnny Augustine are the two Canadians listed behind Harris on the depth chart, along with import Larry Rose III, the New Mexico State product who has had NFL looks from the Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Rams.

Read the rest of Ed Tait's article here!

Wanna-b-fanboy

Richard Harris 1948-2011

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2019, 02:00:39 PM »

Gotta Love Coach's love of the game
"Bombers head coach Mike O?Shea on being back on the field coaching after a long offseason:

?It?s hard to describe. Six years in (as Bombers head coach) and you still can?t help but feel excited. A guy wins a one on one or somebody makes a catch and it?s like this is the greatest thing on earth. I like that feeling. I?m not going to try and temper it, it?s a good feeling.

?I love it. I?m telling you, It?s a long offseason watching film and making plans. And when you finally get out here with a lot of players flying around and giving a lot of effort, taking coaching well and learning to communicate with their teammates, it?s all good stuff. It really is.?
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2019, 03:36:58 PM »

Ed Tait
‏ @EdTaitWFC
17m17 minutes ago

Watching 1on1s at #Bombers rookie camp and Charles Nelson's speed at receiver really jumps out. Lucky Whitehead having a good session, too
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:47:23 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »

Is Eli on teh field?  Is anyone looking his direction?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn18

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »

Is Eli on teh field?  Is anyone looking his direction?

You won't see anything worthwhile from the OL during rookie camp as it is non-contact.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2019, 03:58:00 PM »

From Bauming:

Receiver Matt Hazel is catching attention at #Bombers camp. A name to watch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: