Blue Bombers Forum
May 24, 2019, 03:18:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rookie Camp - May 15 to 18, 2019  (Read 3759 times)
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 06:08:48 PM »

I've already acknowledged that with as much clarification as possible. If that sum total of keeping fans well informed was fine with you then ok.

Looking at the rookie camp list:

Washington is not listed on rookie camp roster but still on main roster.
Battle was an announced signing but never listed on the roster and now not an attendee.
Hall was a recent signing shown on CFL.CA also not attending.
Buettner ( Canadian QB ) announced as attending but not on the list.
Mcquire also not shown on the rookie camp list.
Baker, new OT just signed not on the rookie camp list.

We listed a player BC drafted? lol

All this sound like well informed information? Sounds like a few exceptions keeping in mind for every new player added to the 75 counters we likely need to release someone.

Just a guess but I doubt Battle is under contract and I'm beginning to wonder whether Washington was released recently as well.

I think they can bring guy(s) in Winnipeg (during Rookie Camp for tryouts)... and get them signed if they are good.

Blue In BC

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 06:13:05 PM »

I think they can bring guy(s) in Winnipeg (during Rookie Camp for tryouts)... and get them signed if they are good.

I don't believe that is correct. Regardless there will probably be some changes after rookie camp. A couple of releases and new additions which I would be more likely to think didn't attend the rookie camp.

Adding players that were on neg lists and still be negotiated with at the moment. The new OL as an example. A little late to the party but may still be a main TC player and competitor.

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 06:21:35 PM »

I've already acknowledged that with as much clarification as possible. If that sum total of keeping fans well informed was fine with you then ok.

Looking at the rookie camp list:

Washington is not listed on rookie camp roster but still on main roster.
Battle was an announced signing but never listed on the roster and now not an attendee.
Hall was a recent signing shown on CFL.CA also not attending.
Buettner ( Canadian QB ) announced as attending but not on the list.
Mcquire also not shown on the rookie camp list.
Baker, new OT just signed not on the rookie camp list.

We listed a player BC drafted? lol

All this sound like well informed information? Sounds like a few exceptions keeping in mind for every new player added to the 75 counters we likely need to release someone.

Just a guess but I doubt Battle is under contract and I'm beginning to wonder whether Washington was released recently as well.

Who is "we"?  This is Jeff Hamilton's list - not from the Bombers.  The official list will be published tomorrow.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 06:35:19 PM »

I don't believe that is correct. Regardless there will probably be some changes after rookie camp. A couple of releases and new additions which I would be more likely to think didn't attend the rookie camp.

Adding players that were on neg lists and still be negotiated with at the moment. The new OL as an example. A little late to the party but may still be a main TC player and competitor.

There's no difference on bringing a prospect (for tryout) in Winnipeg and any other places. I believe there's no restriction to that.

And I would think McManus, Goeveia and Rigmadien will be all here in Winnipeg during this rookie camp so it will be logical to bring their prospects here.
Blue72

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 06:51:12 PM »

What is happening with our 2nd pick Jonathon Kongbo, is he going to sign or wait until he is healthy enough and try the NFL? It would have been good to attend TC to pick up some schemes even if he doesn't practice.
I see that our two backup QBs are on the list of attending players but not Nichols.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »

What is happening with our 2nd pick Jonathon Kongbo, is he going to sign or wait until he is healthy enough and try the NFL? It would have been good to attend TC to pick up some schemes even if he doesn't practice.
I see that our two backup QBs are on the list of attending players but not Nichols.

Both Streveler and Bennett are attending, I think it would be wise for Nichols to be there as well to add leadership and a helping arm. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »

Who is "we"?  This is Jeff Hamilton's list - not from the Bombers.  The official list will be published tomorrow.

Sure but he must have gotten his info from somewhere. I'll look at the official list tomorrow and see what that looks like.

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »

Sure but he must have gotten his info from somewhere. I'll look at the official list tomorrow and see what that looks like.

I think you better check sooner than that. And if not, check all sites again an hour later.

A strongly worded letter to CFL HQ may be required.
Blue72

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 09:14:11 PM »

Nichols needs to see how the new receivers look plus the way he ended last season he also needs more practice. He sure threw a lot of balls either out of bounds or missed a lot of players verses Calgary's game. Calgary covered Harris pretty good which Nichols lost his go to guy.
This is a good chance to shake off the rust of a long layoff so there is "NO" excuse during the beginning of the season, or is he worried that he might get hurt again and Streveler  will start the season again.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:28:30 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2019, 09:53:20 PM »

Nichols needs to see how the new receivers look plus the way he ended last season he also needs more practice. He sure threw a lot of balls either out of bounds or missed a lot of players verses Calgary's game. Calgary covered Harris pretty good which Nichols lost his go to guy.
This is a good chance to shake off the rust of a long layoff so there is "NO" excuse during the beginning of the season, or is he worried that he might get hurt again and Streveler  will start the season again.

Would you have rather he threw more int's instead of throwing to receivers that were covered?

Nichols may show up at rookie camp to watch from the sidelines. I doubt he " needs " to shake off any more rust than anyone else.

Thinking he is worried about injury or Streveler will start ahead of him? Injuries can always happen but Streveler hasn't yet earned the right to be the # 1 QB IMO.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »

Would you have rather he threw more int's instead of throwing to receivers that were covered?

Nichols may show up at rookie camp to watch from the sidelines. I doubt he " needs " to shake off any more rust than anyone else.

Thinking he is worried about injury or Streveler will start ahead of him? Injuries can always happen but Streveler hasn't yet earned the right to be the # 1 QB IMO.

After the hysterics of last season Nichols has more pressure to perform well right out of the gate this season, I hope he's wrapped his mind around that during the off-season and comes back mentally stronger.  Showing up ready to throw at rookie camp would be a positive way to demonstrate he's ready to take the bull by the horns and prove to everyone he's the main man.
Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 10:47:09 PM »

After the hysterics of last season Nichols has more pressure to perform well right out of the gate this season, I hope he's wrapped his mind around that during the off-season and comes back mentally stronger.  Showing up ready to throw at rookie camp would be a positive way to demonstrate he's ready to take the bull by the horns and prove to everyone he's the main man.

I wouldn't call his 2018 attitude as hysterics but it wasn't good either, deflecting blame. Nothing would be lost by him showing up at rookie camp but IMO it isn't necessary to show he's mentally stronger.

2018 was a bit of an aberration getting injured in TC and then playing with a brace for the season. Many players have commented during his pro career that he is a leader and I have no doubt that is true. I don't see that as something he needs to prove to his teammates. He's proven to management he's the main man. Fans always love the # 2 QB across the league. Too much pressure on young players especially QB's.

As far as Streveler he played very well and we all like his upside. OTOH it would appear that Lapo may have also told him to not turnover the ball ( play conservatively ) at times by throwing out of bounds etc etc. He missed many open receivers as well. That was not exclusive to Nichols.

In his 2nd season he may be allowed more freedom or not. Defenses will have more film on him and may work to contain him in the pocket and force him to be more of a drop back QB.

We've seen this as fairly common when mobile QB's have early success. That's part of what happened to Jennings in BC. He was contained and forced to read defenses better than he was in year 1 on more broken play types.

It's also more common for mobile running QB's to experience injuries than drop back QB's with quick release play calling. So I took somewhat of an exception to Blue72's suggestion about Nichols's being any more worried about injury than any other QB.

Just look at he career curve for Collaros and his injury history.

Hopefully neither gets injured but we saw how many QB's across the league were injured.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 04:03:08 AM »

I wasn't but being drafted is not the same as being announced,  signed and added to the roster. And the more important issue still involves the question about ratio.
Okay sure but I was still responding to part of your post. No need to get nippy
kkc60

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2019, 04:04:39 AM »

Probably just compiles all signings and drafted players
Blue In BC

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2019, 12:58:07 PM »

Okay sure but I was still responding to part of your post. No need to get nippy

I wasn't trying to do that. I made a statement about cumulative issues to the roster.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: