Blue Bombers Forum
May 24, 2019, 03:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rookie Camp - May 15 to 18, 2019  (Read 3755 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 01:06:16 PM »

No but you seemed to be talking about the 3 Mexican players

Which part of not added onto the roster and ratio are you not understanding. We drafted players in the CFL draft. 6 have been announced, signed AND added to the roster. 3 have not.

McQuire is another example of attending but not shown on the roster. There is now a roster limit of 75 " counters ". McQuire would be one and would need to be signed to attend the rookie camp.

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »

Those global players and McGuire has not appeared on the CFL.ca transaction page and not signing announcements yet. So maybe there will be later.

But the question is, Can they bring guys on the Rookie Camp without contracts yet?
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »

Well I am excited for the rookie camp this whole CFLPA/CFL bargaining and strike threat is souring me on the whole CFL experience this year.

I remember feeling this way last time ('13 or '14?) Normally I get so jacked for the start of training camp, counting down the weeks before it starts, but all of a sudden I saw a tweet last week reminding me it was 8 days away and I couldn't believe it. If and when something gets done I will get all giddy. I remember where I was when I saw the tweet saying they came to an agreement the last time and how jacked up I was.
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »

Those global players and McGuire has not appeared on the CFL.ca transaction page and not signing announcements yet. So maybe there will be later.

But the question is, Can they bring guys on the Rookie Camp without contracts yet?

Canadian University players that are just getting exposure / experience usually get some TC time. There is a Canadian QB coming ( Buettner from Ottawa Gee Gees ). Not yet draft eligible etc. Just a development thing. Last year we had a few kids from the rifles attend.

Beyond that every player must be signed to attend IIRC and part of the 75 player mandate. A few 2018 returning draft choices and 2019 draft choices are non counters as far as the 75 player mandate.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:32:56 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 03:51:17 PM »

Please publish the roster and / or depth chart when it's available. That will clarify whether a couple of players not listed on the roster are still attending. Also might advise any no shows or medical failures.

thxs

Rookie Camp roster will be released tomorrow morning.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Fred C Dobbs

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »

Jeff Hamilton and the Freep has it today:

Kevin Anderson, QB

Rasheed Bailey, WR

Bryan Bennett, QB

Christian Boutte, DB

Malik Boynton, DB

Chauncey Briggs, OL

Kendall Calhoun, OL

Patrick Choudja, DE

Amari Coleman, DB

Tyneil Cooper, DB

Joe Este, DB

Jacob Firlotte, DB*

Geoff Gray, OL*

Nick Hallet, DB*

Thiadric Hansen, LB+

Matt Hazel, WR

Chris Humes, DB

Dexter Janke, DB*

Garrett Johnson, WR

Mike Jones, DB

Ben Koczwara, OL*

Tariq LaChance, DL*

Kenny Lawler, WR

Fernando Richarte Martinez, WR+

Alex McCalister, DE

Charles Nelson, WR

Gabriel Amavizca Ortiz, K+

Matthew Ouellet De Carlo, OL*

Sergio Shiaffino Perez, DB+

Evan Perrizo, DL

Otha Peters Jr., LB

Marcus Rios, DB

Ja?Von Rolland-Jones, DE

Larry Rose III, RB

Cody Speller, OL*

Josh Stewart, WR

Chris Streveler, QB

Nick Temple, LB

Kenneth Walker, WR

Dale Warren, LB

Lucky Whitehead, WR

Tim Wilson, WR

* Denotes Canadian

+ Denotes ?Global? player

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/bombers-host-three-day-rookie-camp-509873192.html

Good advice: "There are a lot of idiots out there posting on forums. But if you ignore them, they will eventually go away."
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:37 PM »

Fernando Richarte Martinez is wrong. He's a BC pick.

We picked 2 DBs and a K in the Mexican Draft

That list includes German linebacker Thiadric Hansen as well as Mexican defensive backs Sergio Perez and Eduardo Reyes, and kicker Gabriel Ortiz.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:40:11 PM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
thunderNlightning

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 04:58:38 PM »

What?s happening with Desjarlais? I?ve been kind out if the loop lately. Obviously unsigned.
kkc60

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 05:05:57 PM »

Which part of not added onto the roster and ratio are you not understanding. We drafted players in the CFL draft. 6 have been announced, signed AND added to the roster. 3 have not.

McQuire is another example of attending but not shown on the roster. There is now a roster limit of 75 " counters ". McQuire would be one and would need to be signed to attend the rookie camp.

You literally said you weren't aware of the other 3 players being drafted.
Stretch

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 05:18:27 PM »

What?s happening with Desjarlais? I?ve been kind out if the loop lately. Obviously unsigned.

Saw a tweet from Justin Dunk saying he's working out for the New York Jets today.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »

You literally said you weren't aware of the other 3 players being drafted.

I wasn't but being drafted is not the same as being announced,  signed and added to the roster. And the more important issue still involves the question about ratio.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:48:01 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »

The simple solution is to update the roster at least once a week. I see the Florida mini camp QB McQuire is also attending.

BTW we've never been informed exactly about how the global players fit into the ratio equation.

You said.

I wasn't even aware there were 4 players drafted. I thought the entire pool was only 18 with a one round draft. Nothing like keeping fans well informed.
Blue In BC

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 05:46:10 PM »

You said.

I've already acknowledged that with as much clarification as possible. If that sum total of keeping fans well informed was fine with you then ok.

Looking at the rookie camp list:

Washington is not listed on rookie camp roster but still on main roster.
Battle was an announced signing but never listed on the roster and now not an attendee.
Hall was a recent signing shown on CFL.CA also not attending.
Buettner ( Canadian QB ) announced as attending but not on the list.
Mcquire also not shown on the rookie camp list.
Baker, new OT just signed not on the rookie camp list.

We listed a player BC drafted? lol

All this sound like well informed information? Sounds like a few exceptions keeping in mind for every new player added to the 75 counters we likely need to release someone.

Just a guess but I doubt Battle is under contract and I'm beginning to wonder whether Washington was released recently as well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:54:17 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »

I've already acknowledged that with as much clarification as possible. If that sum total of keeping fans well informed was fine with you then ok.

Looking at the rookie camp list:

Washington is not listed on rookie camp roster but still on main roster.
Battle was an announced signing but never listed on the roster and now not an attendee.
Hall was a recent signing shown on CFL.CA also not attending.
Buettner ( Canadian QB ) announced as attending but not on the list.
Mcquire also not shown on the rookie camp list.
Baker, new OT just signed not on the rookie camp list.

All this sound like well informed information? Sounds like a few exceptions keeping in mind for every new player added to the 75 counters we likely need to release someone.

Just a guess but I doubt Battle is under contract and I'm beginning to wonder whether Washington was released recently as well.

Admire your attention to detail, but getting all OCD about precise accuracy between signing announcements, cfl.ca transactions page and official roster is going to give you an ulcer.  Particularly when a large number of these guys are never actually going to play in the CFL.

My own philosophy is to track veteran free agents and draft picks from the 4th round and up, and I'll worry about who the other guys are if they actually make a splash in training camp.  But your mileage may vary....

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

Admire your attention to detail, but getting all OCD about precise accuracy between signing announcements, cfl.ca transactions page and official roster is going to give you an ulcer.  Particularly when a large number of these guys are never actually going to play in the CFL.

My own philosophy is to track veteran free agents and draft picks from the 4th round and up, and I'll worry about who the other guys are if they actually make a splash in training camp.  But your mileage may vary....

I'm retired so I spend a lot of time looking at the activity and conversations about expectations of specific players. No big deal but it shouldn't be this difficult for teams or the CFL to keep things straight.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: