Blue Bombers Forum
August 20, 2019, 02:10:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rookie Camp - May 15 to 18, 2019  (Read 5284 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: May 12, 2019, 03:10:31 PM »

Rookie Camp takes place this week.  Practices are open to the public and the schedule can be found at:

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=51528.0

Observation, opinions and general comments on Rookie Camp can be posted in this thread.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:43:10 PM »

Please publish the roster and / or depth chart when it's available. That will clarify whether a couple of players not listed on the roster are still attending. Also might advise any no shows or medical failures.

thxs

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 06:14:29 PM »

lets go bombers

looking for a few new stars to rise to the surface b/c they always do!

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
3rdand1.5

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »

Well I am excited for the rookie camp this whole CFLPA/CFL bargaining and strike threat is souring me on the whole CFL experience this year.
bigbuff33

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 01:21:52 PM »

Same here...with so many sports options in the city now, the Bombers and CFL can't afford to be turning people off.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 03:10:49 PM »

Will rookie camp even happen if the CBA issue isn't resolved? It's only two days away.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »

Will rookie camp even happen if the CBA issue isn't resolved? It's only two days away.

In theory yes. The non report wasn't supposed to start until TC start date on May 19. Kind of a catch 22 if rookie camp goes ahead and then everyone gets sent home.

Talks were scheduled to begin again today IIRC.

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »

i hope this CFL - CFLPA labour dispute will not ruin what could be the Bombers best off-season thus far.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 06:06:03 PM »

In theory yes. The non report wasn't supposed to start until TC start date on May 19. Kind of a catch 22 if rookie camp goes ahead and then everyone gets sent home.

Talks were scheduled to begin again today IIRC.

Hopefully, that's the case and they figure it out soon.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 11:19:52 PM »

Rookie Camp Preview with Kyle Walters - Ed Tait

Kyle Walters has been doing this general manager thing long enough to understand the importance of not speaking in hyperboles and instead adhering to the principle of trying to under-promise and over deliver.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers GM is part of a crew that has put together the second-best regular season record in the Canadian Football League to the Calgary Stampeders over the last three years but - and yes, yes, yes, they're aware - have yet to see it pay off on the last Sunday in November.

"I like our roster," the Bombers GM stated during a media conference call on Monday. "The general sentiment in that locker room is we've had a couple of good years. We just need to take that next step.

"You can't just turn it on halfway through the year, particularly in the West where if you lose two or three games you think you maybe should have won in the summer you're not going to win the West. It just doesn't happen like that. You need to start Day 1 training camp competing and pushing knowing that anything, the slightest fall, means it's highly likely you're going to be out of winning the Western Division. And the best way of getting to the Grey Cup is to win that West and it starts with Day 1 of training camp."

The Bombers - or wannabe Bombers - will first step on the field Wednesday afternoon with the first of three rookie camp sessions. Walters weighed in on that and took a peek ahead to the scheduled opening of main camp on Sunday in his media session.

Here are the highlights...

Read the rest of Ed Tait's article here!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 02:09:12 AM »

4 drafted global players will be at rookie camp? Ok but it would help when they announce those signings when it happens and clarify the ratio aspect.

I wasn't even aware there were 4 players drafted. I thought the entire pool was only 18 with a one round draft. Nothing like keeping fans well informed.

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 02:17:07 AM »

4 drafted global players will be at rookie camp? Ok but it would help when they announce those signings when it happens and clarify the ratio aspect.

I wasn't even aware there were 4 players drafted. I thought the entire pool was only 18 with a one round draft. Nothing like keeping fans well informed.

3 from Mexican draft, and 1 from Europe, I believe.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/14/mexicos-top-talent-selected-cfl-lfa-draft/

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/11/first-cfl-european-draft-take-place-1-p-m-et/

It's possible they are not signed yet but brought in for a workout.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:25:00 AM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 03:35:55 AM »

Fans have been well informed. Just seems you haven't been keeping up  Grin
Blue In BC

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 12:48:57 PM »

Fans have been well informed. Just seems you haven't been keeping up  Grin

The simple solution is to update the roster at least once a week. I see the Florida mini camp QB McQuire is also attending.

BTW we've never been informed exactly about how the global players fit into the ratio equation.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »

The simple solution is to update the roster at least once a week. I see the Florida mini camp QB McQuire is also attending.

BTW we've never been informed exactly about how the global players fit into the ratio equation.
No but you seemed to be talking about the 3 Mexican players
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: