Blue Bombers Forum
October 16, 2019, 10:16:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...and Lucky Whitehead signs with the Bombers  (Read 2188 times)
booch

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »

if you truly wanted to, you could google search red flags all over for a good majority of players i the league, not to mention the stuff that never made the news, or were brought to light...to me thats a big whoopdido...as long as there aren't charges or accusations of abuse to woman..kids..animals or drug peddling charges....i'm fine with it

theaardvark

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 03:13:58 PM »

Whitehead is a talented returner, but I doubt we're looking at him for a receiver spot (6 catches in his 3 year NFL career).

A 5 minute google session shows more than a few red flags. Dallas called the cops to check up on him because they were worried. He missed a morning meeting after instagramming at 3 AM. Dog-napping and a shop lifting incident (The complainant had his social security number, so at least his ID was there even tho the charges were dropped). Due in court in May to face a December running a red light, DUI arrest that includes 5 charges.

Pretty sure there isn't a more diligent crew in the CFL than MOS, Walters and Miller when it comes to character issues.  He wouldn't be at camp unless all of the issues were resolved and his attitude and commitment were in lock step with the team...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 03:36:47 PM »

Sure, you could find bad stuff about a bunch of players, but Whitehead has more red flags than Duron Carter. It always makes me laugh when folks make excuses for our players with a past, while making fun of other GM's who sign other players with a past.

Being right never gets old.
PurpleReign

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 03:38:44 PM »

I have watched Whitehead as the Cowboys are my favorite team.  Don't get too excited with this guy he is not a receiver.  He is a gimmick or gadget player.  He is good on Jet Sweeps and so so on kickoffs & punts, but nothing special. Maybe the CFL will suit him better but there is a reason he didn't stick in the NFL with another team.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 03:42:52 PM by PurpleReign » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 03:58:33 PM »

I have watched Whitehead as the Cowboys are my favorite team.  Don't get too excited with this guy he is not a receiver.  He is a gimmick or gadget player.  He is good on Jet Sweeps and so so on kickoffs & punts, but nothing special. Maybe the CFL will suit him better but there is a reason he didn't stick in the NFL with another team.

Same limitations that held Ryan Lankford back.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »

We always have one guy with high expectations that is an early cut, this TC he is my prediction.
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2019, 04:17:57 PM »

when Kongbo is game ready, he can fill Roh's roster spot and allow us to use a DI in a returner role

Sure but when is the big question. Roh could get pushed to the DR?

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 04:23:16 PM »

Sure, you could find bad stuff about a bunch of players, but Whitehead has more red flags than Duron Carter. It always makes me laugh when folks make excuses for our players with a past, while making fun of other GM's who sign other players with a past.

More red flags than Duron Carter?  He has had on field dust ups with his QB?  Repeated drug offenses when he knew what he was doing was illegal?  Refer's to his union brothers as part of a "slave rebellion"?  Requires continuous counseling and monitoring to prevent relapse of bad behaviour.  

Pretty sure if you look in a dictionary under "Red Flags", Duron Carter's picture is there...

Again, if there was a character issue that was beyond resolving, no way Walters signs him. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 04:23:38 PM »

No offense but some of the players you say you have watched closely and will be busts have turned out to be very good ballers in this league.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BOYSBLUEFAN

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 04:47:24 PM »

I remember watching Lucky when he was with the Cowboys, I was a fan of his then until he ran into issues. Looking for good things from him. His style reminds me of Dressler for sure and Cole Beasley, speed, good hands, and versatile on offence as well as a legit returner. If he pans out in training camp, he will be a fan favourite.     
GCn19

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 04:50:17 PM »

I remember watching Lucky when he was with the Cowboys, I was a fan of his then until he ran into issues. Looking for good things from him. His style reminds me of Dressler for sure and Cole Beasley, speed, good hands, and versatile on offence as well as a legit returner. If he pans out in training camp, he will be a fan favourite.    

No doubt about it. He has all the tools to be successful in this league. If he comes in motivated and in the right head space he will contend for a job for sure.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 04:53:58 PM »

Looks like he has the Flanders red dreads going too...

PurpleReign

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »

No offense but some of the players you say you have watched closely and will be busts have turned out to be very good ballers in this league.

Name them
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: