Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 12:34:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...and Lucky Whitehead signs with the Bombers  (Read 2512 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 10:28:16 PM »

Cautiously optimistic, but we've been burned before with the likes of Kenny Stafford and Adarius Bowman.
Let's see how he produces in pre-season before anointing him as Dressler's replacement !  Huh

Without any televised pre-season  games ole Lucky could well be gone before many of us get to see him play.  If that happens he will be forever remembered as the "legend of Lucky Whitehead" not to be confused with the "legend of Tiny Montgomery".  Undecided
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »

There is always reason to be optimistic about some of the new recruits. Some more than others but sometimes the " others " rise to the front. It will be interesting to hear TC reports.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 06:41:42 AM »

Why don't you just go,to a ******* game?!

We need a guy named Lucky, even if he. Turns out t be just an equipment guy.

Three years in the SHOw?....wel. He must have skills.
GCn19

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »

Cautiously optimistic, but we've been burned before with the likes of Kenny Stafford and Adarius Bowman.
Let's see how he produces in pre-season before anointing him as Dressler's replacement !  Huh

I don't think anyone is anointing him as anything, just stating that IF he has his head in the right space and is going to come in and work hard then he has talents that are tailor made for the CFL and mirror some of the attributes of Dressler.

I have seen enough former NFLers come into the CFL, and be lazy and entitled in TC and be among the first cuts, to know nothing is a given. He is a blue chip prospect though if he is serious about it and can pick up the game.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:16:21 AM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
bigbuff33

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »

I remember him with the Cowboys...lot of talent...if he brings it here...we've got a good one.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »

I remember him with the Cowboys...lot of talent...if he brings it here...we've got a good one.

He can move that's for sure, lots of evidence he may be a good returner, hopefully he is also a good receiver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJI_tQZ7WnU&feature=player_embedded

Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »

He can move that's for sure, lots of evidence he may be a good returner, hopefully he is also a good receiver.

Highlight films can be deceptive but that did look impressive.

What I liked most was that he seemed to have very good field of vision and used his speed very well. He looked very fast and with great agility which on the CFL field is going to make him even more dangerous.

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »

With Matthews in the fold, if we can get a Chris Rainey like contribution from him that would still be huge. (PT offence/Returner)

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »

Dedicated returner, and occasional jet sweep would be awesome...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »

Now the receiver battles will be for only one other starting position ( now that we have Matthews ) possibly a DI ( returner / receiver type ) and a couple of PR spots.  There are 11 receivers fighting it out for those spots.

Inevitably a few players suffer early injuries and that hurts their chances.

Can't wait for TC even more after these recent signings.

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »

I think we will have a 3rd Int'l starter and a dedicated returner. So 2 spots on the AR.
Blue In BC

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 02:57:46 PM »

I think we will have a 3rd Int'l starter and a dedicated returner. So 2 spots on the AR.

We've had problems getting a DI spot for a returner in recent seasons. Medlock, Roh, a DB and a LB have been where we've had our DI's.

I'm not saying that couldn't change but where would the give come from when you consider who those players and needs are going to be?  Both the DL and secondary are strong areas.

The WIL and DI are the area where we'll have the least experience on offense. Some comments even suggested 3 import OL as a choice / need early in the season.

Behind this is the possibility of a ratio change in 2019. So who knows exactly how all this works out at the moment.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »

when Kongbo is game ready, he can fill Roh's roster spot and allow us to use a DI in a returner role
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 03:00:33 PM »

Matthews
Adams

Demski
Wolly (another reason we couldn't sign Solly... Wolly and Solly is a non starter for me...)

5th Int:

Bailey, Rasheed    WR    I    6'2    200    25    Delaware Valley University
      Hazel, Matt    WR    I    6'3    190    27    Coastal Carolina University
      Johnson, Garrett    WR    I    5'11    175    23    University of Kentucky
89       Lawler, Kenny    WR    I    6'2    180    24    California
3       Nelson, Charles    WR    I    5'8    170    23    Oregon
      Stewart, Josh    WR    I    6'4    205    24    University of Texas at San Antonio
2       Thompkins, Kenbrell    WR    I    6'1    198    30    Cincinnati
      Walker, Kenneth    WR    I    5'9    188    25    UCLA
6       Washington, Corey    WR    I    6'4    208    27    Newberry College
87       Whitehead, Lucky    WR    I    5'9    180    26    Florida Atlantic
      Wilson, Tim    WR    I    5'9    170    25    East Stroudsburg University

5th Nat (if we start 3 Nat WR)
81       Petermann, Daniel    WR    N    5'11    205    23    McMaster University
                Richards, Malik
13       Simonise, Rashaun    WR    N    6'4    200    23    University of Calgary

The corps just got a lot more attractive, Nichols must be loving this, and Lapo...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »

Whitehead is a talented returner, but I doubt we're looking at him for a receiver spot (6 catches in his 3 year NFL career).

A 5 minute google session shows more than a few red flags. Dallas called the cops to check up on him because they were worried. He missed a morning meeting after instagramming at 3 AM. Dog-napping and a shop lifting incident (The complainant had his social security number, so at least his ID was there even tho the charges were dropped). Due in court in May to face a December running a red light, DUI arrest that includes 5 charges.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: