Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 11:50:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Era  (Read 7998 times)
Buck

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 03:24:33 PM »

New designs released.  There are lots of pictures on twitter and Instagram...not sure I like the wide blue stripe on the helmet. 

I believe the helmet stripe stayed the same..
kkc60

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »

I believe the helmet stripe stayed the same..
I was gonna say it didn't look any different to me
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »

Seemed a bit wider to me.  Something looked a bit different but I could be wrong.

Toronto got the raw deal on their white jersey - kinda boring
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

....and....

https://www.thebomberstore.com/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 05:23:06 PM »

My take:

BC: Big win for them. Jerseys are cleaner, and the helmet is fantastic.
Calgary: Ditching the black helmet is a win. I also don't get Calgary's fascination with black. Their special lounge is the Red and White Club. They should stick to their roots, with a touch of silver/grey perhaps.
Edmonton: Fail. The two sleeve stripes that go nowhere are bland and ugly. The last Reebok set they had were much better.
Saskatchewan: They'll look great in last place.
Winnipeg: The best look in sports, still.
Toronto: Nothing says "what do we do when we have complete apathy in our market" more than a jersey that is a monotone single colour. That will cause a rush to the store!
Ottawa: I didn't see the pant. If they ditched the hashtag on their pants, then it's a win.
Hamilton: Looked good before. Looks good now.
Montreal: Very curious to see how their look will show on TV. Their previous look needed the scrap heap, so this is already a win for them.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Mike

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2019, 06:13:04 PM »

Hate to chime in here, but the Bombers online store is honestly pathetic. Their new arrivals are full of items that have been available for at least a year. Would love to see what kind of new lids New Era has available, the ones on the BC Lions webstore look great, but the Bombers have consistently been behind on this for years. Even their Twitter hasn?t been active in like two years. It really should be so easy.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »

Hate to chime in here, but the Bombers online store is honestly pathetic. Their new arrivals are full of items that have been available for at least a year. Would love to see what kind of new lids New Era has available, the ones on the BC Lions webstore look great, but the Bombers have consistently been behind on this for years. Even their Twitter hasn?t been active in like two years. It really should be so easy.

I can't disagree with you. I'd like to order more stuff online, as I don't live in Winnipeg and can't make it to the store. For a few years, the online store has been woeful, and even the availability of merchandise in the store has decreased in quality. It's great for jerseys, but only somewhat adequate for other items.

Posting Live From Home

Buck

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »

I can't disagree with you. I'd like to order more stuff online, as I don't live in Winnipeg and can't make it to the store. For a few years, the online store has been woeful, and even the availability of merchandise in the store has decreased in quality. It's great for jerseys, but only somewhat adequate for other items.

100% agree!  The Bomber Store used to be awesome, but now I have a hard time spending any money there.  A few years ago, if I went in the store I was guaranteed to be spending $50.  Now I hardly spend a dime.  Their "sales" suck, clearance merch isn't priced most of the time (or priced at full retail).  I am not sure what the issue is there, but it needs to be fixed. 
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2019, 08:02:47 PM »

I do know that the offseason isn't a great time. The Jets Gear stores are the same. I know that they're trying to get rid of the old Adidas stuff, but they sure aren't pricing it to sell. I also note that the sizes that are remaining are "scat back" sized, not "linebacker" or "offensive lineman" sized.

The online store site has a huge banner about New Era, yet the only thing that's actually available are blank jerseys. I'm sure there's some old stock New Era hats, too. I would think that if you're new to the jersey market, and (besides hats) are new to the CFL, this would be a great time to launch a clothing line for each team.

Winnipeg isn't the only group that suffers from this. When the Diversity is Strength tees came out last year, I wanted to get one. I wasn't going to be in Winnipeg any time soon, and since they weren't really team-branded, I thought I could go down to the Eskimos store and pick one up. I showed up on a Saturday, about 30 minutes before they were scheduled to close. The place was completely shuttered. The place was completely locked up and there was no sign that any staff member had been there recently.

Posting Live From Home

Fire101
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2019, 11:58:59 PM »

My take:

Calgary: Ditching the black helmet is a win. I also don't get Calgary's fascination with black. Their special lounge is the Red and White Club. They should stick to their roots, with a touch of silver/grey perhaps.

The black helmet was a mess.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 03:53:41 AM »

Is this year's New Era gold the same gold as last year?  In that Chris Matthews pic above it looks more like the gold from the dark-blue 2012 jerseys.  Maybe it's just my eyes...

Who was the player often on the sidelines last couple of years who was always in the Bombers bucket hat (maybe grey?)?  Can't remember the player.  But I want a BB bucket hat this year and the online store doesn't have any.

The brick & mortar store always has waaay more selection, so I'll just wait till a game day to pop in, I'm always there early anyhow.
blue_or_die

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »

Yeah, if you look on the store site, the selection looks horrible. You have to go there in person to see all the stuff they truly have. Sucks for outta towners who want merch. This is something we should be promoting and can do a better job of.
Donny C

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2019, 12:51:09 PM »

I thought Calgary's black helmet was the best in the league.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2019, 02:52:03 PM »

A solid black helmet with a white logo = YAWN.

I am not a fan of black for black's sake on a uniform. I generally prefer brighter colours. Black and red is kinda tired and boring. I'm glad that neither our CFL or NHL teams use black.

Posting Live From Home

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: