Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2019, 12:19:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Era  (Read 3832 times)
Stretch

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »

To anyone criticizing the "new" uniforms, just think back to the trainwreck that was the digital camo jerseys from a few years back.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Leroy

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »

To anyone criticizing the "new" uniforms, just think back to the trainwreck that was the digital camo jerseys from a few years back.

My criticism is pretty minor, I think they mostly nailed the last set.

I would not have done the shoulder yoke on the away and just kept it solid white, but it does not keep me awake at night.

Just no stupid side panels or weird striping on the pants.
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 01:06:35 PM »

Those were only a signature alternate. Yes, it was a massive train wreck but it wasn't like they were a home jersey for 3 years. They were used for 1 game. The changes they made to the full time jerseys in 2012 were totally awful.
blue_or_die

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »

What sucks about those the most is that I actually loved the concept they were going for (digital camo), but the end result was truly awful, with shades of blue looking like teals and purples to dominate the uniform.

With bigger "pixilation" and only core blue shades, plus even a hint of gold in the main part of the uniform, they may have been able to do something good with it.

Missed opportunity and resulted in a horrible jersey. I bet if they tried it with my suggestions with the new royal as the baseline blue instead of the navy, it has potential to look sweet.
Donny C

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 04:17:31 PM »

I still don't have the new jersey from 3 years ago.

I'm not going to buy a new jersey every 3 years just to be current. That's a marketing tactic that I am not buying into.
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »

I still don't have the new jersey from 3 years ago.

I'm not going to buy a new jersey every 3 years just to be current. That's a marketing tactic that I am not buying into.

Lol... yes, it is marketing.  Merch sales are driven by new jersey designs and alternate jerseys... how many different jersey's did the Jets wear *in game* this year?  4?  Plus the pregame skate specials...

I remember seeing a piece on the "Power Rangers" where they were totally transparent about merch sales.  Basically, they changed the on screen suits every season to make sure die hard fans got a new set of toys each year... adding on a marking, changing a breastplate, putting a symbol on the helmet, tiny changes, but all for merch sales.

Have to wonder about the mfg changes, does a company like New Era feel that they can make more off the contract than Adidas did because of the new design sales?  Do they bid more for the rights because they perceive a better return on investment?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »

Lol... yes, it is marketing.  Merch sales are driven by new jersey designs and alternate jerseys... how many different jersey's did the Jets wear *in game* this year?  4?  Plus the pregame skate specials...

I remember seeing a piece on the "Power Rangers" where they were totally transparent about merch sales.  Basically, they changed the on screen suits every season to make sure die hard fans got a new set of toys each year... adding on a marking, changing a breastplate, putting a symbol on the helmet, tiny changes, but all for merch sales.

Have to wonder about the mfg changes, does a company like New Era feel that they can make more off the contract than Adidas did because of the new design sales?  Do they bid more for the rights because they perceive a better return on investment?

I do wonder if the previous design is owned by Adidas and somewhat protected, thus forcing New Era to modify the jersey in some small way to claim ownership.  Not sure how that all works.
blue_or_die

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »

I do wonder if the previous design is owned by Adidas and somewhat protected, thus forcing New Era to modify the jersey in some small way to claim ownership.  Not sure how that all works.

We are trying to discuss Power Rangers. Please stay on topic.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 05:02:24 PM »

Cheesy
Fire101
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2019, 08:48:23 PM »

Anyone have a link to the new CFL jerseys? New Era was supposed to release them today.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:56:00 PM by Fire101 » Logged
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 02:51:52 PM »

Anyone have a link to the new CFL jerseys? New Era was supposed to release them today.

Hearing this got delayed until next week.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »

Now that's FUUUUNNNNNY

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 08:19:09 PM »

There was an apparent leak of the Argos jerseys online today. They have gone with the light blue colour for their numbers on both the dark and white jerseys. If the leak was accurate, there were no additional stripes on the jerseys. If this is true, then no one would buy a "clean" jersey as it would just be solid white or solid blue.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Leroy

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 09:46:57 PM »

Real Sports is selling them:

Toronto Argonauts ? shop.realsports
https://shop.realsports.ca/pages/toronto-argonauts

Ugly

Semi-pro Riders:

Men's New Era Home Jersey ? The Rider Store
https://www.theriderstore.ca/collections/10-jerseys/products/mens-new-era-home-jersey?variant=19442742689888
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:54:47 PM by Leroy » Logged
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »

New designs released.  There are lots of pictures on twitter and Instagram...not sure I like the wide blue stripe on the helmet. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: