Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2019, 12:21:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Era  (Read 3838 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2019, 03:20:13 PM »

A solid black helmet with a white logo = YAWN.

I am not a fan of black for black's sake on a uniform. I generally prefer brighter colours. Black and red is kinda tired and boring. I'm glad that neither our CFL or NHL teams use black.

x10000
Redblack_and_Blue

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 09:48:12 PM »

Did the ad photoshop the helmet to make it black and white or is this going to be the actual colour of the helmet?

I lived in Winnipeg all my life and this year I moved to Ottawa for work. I was at 2 training camps in Winnipeg this year and I'm excited to see a good batch of players.

Also, some are saying the Bomber store sucks. Don't know why. They have a great selection of gear and apparel. A little overpriced but what isn't nowadays...

I do however take issue with the marry go round branding and coming out with new jerseys every other year. Please CFL sign a long term contract with one of the apparel companies and call it a day. To expect us to buy new jerseys every other year is pretty crass..

TecnoGenius

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 06:23:22 AM »

Also, some are saying the Bomber store sucks. Don't know why. They have a great selection of gear and apparel. A little overpriced but what isn't nowadays...

No, they're saying the online Bomber store sucks.  The B&M store at IGF is quite well stocked.  And, yes, stuff sure is expensive, but like you said, par for the course, and the fans will pay.  Now, do they have me a bucket hat for this year??  Preferably under 50 bucks.  Wink

I do however take issue with the marry go round branding and coming out with new jerseys every other year. Please CFL sign a long term contract with one of the apparel companies and call it a day. To expect us to buy new jerseys every other year is pretty crass..

Well, at least there's almost no change in style/colors in '19 vs '18 for WPG.  I'm pretty sure the teams line up the jersey companies in a bidding war as often as they can in order to extract the most $$ from them.  They say this is New Era's first year making jerseys (most just hats before), so we'll see if they even know how to do it right.
Donny C

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »

A solid black helmet with a white logo = YAWN.

I am not a fan of black for black's sake on a uniform. I generally prefer brighter colours. Black and red is kinda tired and boring. I'm glad that neither our CFL or NHL teams use black.

I meant the black signature one with the silver horse.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »

I meant the black signature one with the silver horse.

That one is pretty cool. Very unique in the CFL, to be sure.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Buck

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »

Was at the Bomber Store this weekend, and notice that the new white jerseys are the exact same as the Adidas jerseys.  The on-field version has the blue extending down below the name-bar, but the fan jerseys it's up higher.  I may be in the minority, but I will NEVER buy one of these if it is not the same (or similar) to the on-field version. 

Also, I have a newborn son and there is literally nothing there to buy for him.  Everything is 12 months or older, which is ridiculous.  Go to Saskatchewan and they have stuff everywhere.  We even asked if they were just sold out and the manager just said no and walked away.  I have had a bone to pick with the store for a while, but they sure don't seem like they really care.
Jesse

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2019, 06:13:17 PM »

Was at the Bomber Store this weekend, and notice that the new white jerseys are the exact same as the Adidas jerseys.  The on-field version has the blue extending down below the name-bar, but the fan jerseys it's up higher.  I may be in the minority, but I will NEVER buy one of these if it is not the same (or similar) to the on-field version. 

Also, I have a newborn son and there is literally nothing there to buy for him.  Everything is 12 months or older, which is ridiculous.  Go to Saskatchewan and they have stuff everywhere.  We even asked if they were just sold out and the manager just said no and walked away.  I have had a bone to pick with the store for a while, but they sure don't seem like they really care.

I had the same issue last year. I just bought a 12 month one and figured it'd be good for two years.

It fits much better now, lol.

My wife is amazing!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »

I had the same issue last year. I just bought a 12 month one and figured it'd be good for two years.

It fits much better now, lol.

First year, just dress them in paper bags, it doesn't make any difference.  Grin
Jesse

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2019, 06:38:01 PM »

First year, just dress them in paper bags, it doesn't make any difference.  Grin

Then why does my wife keep coming home with new outfits?

And she's dressed in something different than what I dropped her off in every time she stay's my parents.

It's sickening, really.

#dadrant

My wife is amazing!
drahgon

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »

You need lots of outfits to deal with the "explosion" plays... If you're not sure what that is, you will find out soon enough  Cheesy
TecnoGenius

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2019, 05:31:56 AM »

Also, I have a newborn son and there is literally nothing there to buy for him.

Congrats on your new son!  My daughter is almost 3 months now, and I was thinking of checking out the B. Store at the IGF home opener, but now I know not to bother.

With the passing of father's day recently, congrats to all new (and old) parents on the forum.  Bringing up the next gen of Bomber fans!

You need lots of outfits to deal with the "explosion" plays... If you're not sure what that is, you will find out soon enough  Cheesy

Hehe... ya, I think need to get Richie Hall in here to clean up those explosion plays for me.  They're causing team Tecno some real problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: