Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2019, 12:22:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jefferson  (Read 1273 times)
Tehedra

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »

I mean Harker looked really good in the limited reps we seen; I think he has the potential to be a good quarterback in the CFL and to be honest we could use someone with some skill considering the QB reserves are starting to look very limited
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 06:17:22 AM »

And what about Jefferson's near-impossible arm's length takedown of that RB in the backfield?  Wowsers.  The wingspan was astounding, but the strength to take down a runner 4 feet away with that wing... I didn't know that was possible.

As for Harker, he looked very good.  But unknown, in-game replacements usually do well.  Once D's get film, then not so much.  Look at MBT in his first 3 games vs last 3 games.  Only time will tell.
booch

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »

Harker looked like a lot of newbies do most times when due to injury/emergency they are thrust into action..it's a different ball game though doing it again when you are expected to be in, or are anointed the starter...seen it many many times.

He appears to have a solid arm, and will take shots downfield, but if he starts, or gets extended time in the game this week, I wouldn't get my hopes up...look for bad decisions and a pick or two for sure, and more of the sputtering anemic offence we have been seeing.

Also he is going to be running for his life behind whatever makeshift O-line they are going to field...which won't help whoever is behind center there one bit
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »

I think we intentionally gave up opportunities to take inside rush routes that might have led to sacks. It seemed as though we were intent in taking away passing lanes and chances for Reilly to escape the pocket. That is where he often makes big plays by buying time.

We prevented him from escaping the pocket ( 0 rush yards ) and he was constantly pressured and nervous in the pocket.

It was a good plan against a mobile QB that likes to throw deep.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »

I think we intentionally gave up opportunities to take inside rush routes that might have led to sacks. It seemed as though we were intent in taking away passing lanes and chances for Reilly to escape the pocket. That is where he often makes big plays by buying time.

We prevented him from escaping the pocket ( 0 rush yards ) and he was constantly pressured and nervous in the pocket.

It was a good plan against a mobile QB that likes to throw deep.

That was the least mobile Mike Reilly I have ever seen, he didn't even pretend he was going to take off and run. Either his game has become more one dimensional or he's adapting to a new scheme in BC that limits him to the pocket.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:59:43 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »

Did you see the size of the knee brace RM is wearing. Over the past couple of years RM has taken a beating. Body management mite be in order.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »

Did you see the size of the knee brace RM is wearing. Over the past couple of years RM has taken a beating. Body management mite be in order.

RM or MR?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:45:58 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »

RM or MR?

Dyslexic
Jesse

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 06:15:49 PM »

He's talked for the past few seasons of wanting to run less in order to preserve his health.

My wife is amazing!
bunker

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »

He's talked for the past few seasons of wanting to run less in order to preserve his health.
On the one hand that makes sense to preserve his health. On the other hand, I think that takes away a part of what made him an elite QB. He does not have the accuracy of an elite pocket QB like Ricky Ray for example.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 06:28:46 PM »

BC needs to integrate a solid running attack to compliment Reilly, the idea they can just bomb their way to victory will leave them in the basement of the West along with Sask..
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: