Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 11:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IG Field to be re-branded  (Read 3834 times)
GCn19

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 04:49:03 PM »

I think IG got a sweetheart deal on the naming of the stadium in exchange for a large donation to the NDP party. Just making this up, and it is highly unlikely to be true, but I thought this was a thread about conspiracy theories?

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Stretch

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »

Won't someone think of the children???  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
theaardvark

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »

With the rebranding, they are planning on moving the stadium as well, right? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Donny C

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »

With the rebranding, they are planning on moving the stadium as well, right? 

Let's hope so! (Actually, I love the new location!!)
blue newt

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »

I realize it's probably *meant* to be pronounced as two separate letters...I.G. Field.

But I think I'm going with Ig field, as a single word, "Ig".  Rolls of the tongue easier, and sounds a little sillier.
booch

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »

as do i...way more accessible to all with less traffic snarl...wherever you put one, there is always going to be parts of the population that have to drive a distance...and that traffic around polo park on a game day was no joy
theaardvark

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2019, 07:16:49 PM »

Can we make it one word?  Igfield? 

Eye Gee Field really doesn't roll off the tongue... have to wonder why the rebrand at Investors Group... Investors Group says a lot more about the business than IG.  I can understand rebranding Toronto Dominion to TD to reduce regeionality, or Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC because name recognition was already established and Kyle Connor needed a nickname, but Investors Group to IG?  Baffling.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Fire101
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »

You do realiaze Investors Group doesn't actually own the stadium, right?  It's just a name, they basically paid for a sign and some branding, in 5 years it will probably change and be called something else.  Maybe the "The Republik of Manitoba People's Stadium" would warm your heart. 

"The Republic of Manitoba People's Stadium", that's GOLD !!  Grin
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 08:08:59 PM »

Can we make it one word?  Igfield? 

Eye Gee Field really doesn't roll off the tongue... have to wonder why the rebrand at Investors Group... Investors Group says a lot more about the business than IG.  I can understand rebranding Toronto Dominion to TD to reduce regeionality, or Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC because name recognition was already established and Kyle Connor needed a nickname, but Investors Group to IG?  Baffling.

Although to be fair, you are easily baffled. They rebranded to IG Wealth Management not "IG". Wealth management (think financial services, tax and accounts, retirement, full portfolio management and advise) is more reflective of their service offerings and the term is synonymous with a host of other services. Investment management (managing bonds, shares, mutual funds, etc.) usually refers to a more narrow subset of wealth management.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:10:47 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »

Although to be fair, you are easily baffled. They rebranded to IG Wealth Management not "IG". Wealth management (think financial services, tax and accounts, retirement, full portfolio management and advise) is more reflective of their service offerings and the term is synonymous with a host of other services. Investment management (managing bonds, shares, mutual funds, etc.) usually refers to a more narrow subset of wealth management.

I guess going after the Assante Wealth Management type business... I guess I always pictured Investors Group as more catering to a blue collar crown, and less a "wealth" crowd... 

TBURGESS

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 08:41:55 PM »

I liked the old name.... FortHew .... better.  Grin

Being right never gets old.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 02:52:55 AM »

I will stay out of this one....lol! 

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: