Blue Bombers Forum
October 17, 2019, 01:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview with Brady Oliveira  (Read 1591 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: May 04, 2019, 03:50:03 AM »

Interview with Brady Oliveira

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/03/brady-oliveira-press-conference/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 02:43:58 PM »

Very good interview. Seems like a smart kid.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »

Can't wait for him to develop and contribute to this ball club

Mr Harris will teach him how to be a pro and how to play ball

LETS GO BOMBERS

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »

Personality aside he has the right style of play to be able to contribute in 2019. I like this signing.

No more excuses.
Doublezero

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 09:10:50 PM »

Guess he'll have to beat out Johnny Augustine for the #2 Canuck tailback role. Or does the addition of Oliveira make Augustine expendable and/or trade bait? Kienan Lafrance had 137 total carry yds and 64 yds receiving plus 3 kickoff returns in that role (16 games) last year. Augustine also dressed for 9 games last year and had a 7.3 yd av carry - compared to Lafrance who averaged just 4 yds per carry. I actually thought Augustine hit the hole hard and fast and looked pretty good in limited game reps. If I recall he tore one nice long TD. There was speculation in that press conf that they might line up with a twin tailback formation occasionally with Harris plus one of either Augustine or Oliveira just for a different look and options.

Just gimme the rock.
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »

Love it. Just love it.
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »

I like Augustine as well. How this works out exactly we'll see. There could be different roles for both. It may take Oliveria is bit longer to adjust to the CFL and the playbook. He may start the season on the 1 game IR as he adapts.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 10:23:33 PM »

Personality aside he has the right style of play to be able to contribute in 2019. I like this signing.

Has he signed yet?  Have any of our picks?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
PurpleReign

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 11:02:51 PM »

Augustine at the moment is a better back than Oliveira imo. Augustine is fast and shifty and Brady is power.  It  will take time for Brady to develop, maybe contribute in 2020. Can be used on specials at first.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 01:05:25 AM »

I don't know how Walters is going to handle the Augustine/Oliveira situation or the glut of Natl. OL he has accrued but I think it is fair to assume new comers will not immediately supplant players who have paid their dues in the pecking order without first outperforming them on the field. 

Augustine spent a good chunk of last season on the P.R., he's done everything asked of him and performed very well when given the chance, it doesn't seem right to cut him just because the "new kid" happens to be a vivacious local product.  Now that Jones has left the CFL maybe they can trust that other teams will respect the notion that the P.R. is off limits and give Oliveira the chance to learn and develop as the #3.  I don't believe there were any reported thefts from the P.R. lists across the league last season, so that's encouraging.

PurpleReign

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 02:22:16 AM »

I don't know how Walters is going to handle the Augustine/Oliveira situation or the glut of Natl. OL he has accrued but I think it is fair to assume new comers will not immediately supplant players who have paid their dues in the pecking order without first outperforming them on the field. 

Augustine spent a good chunk of last season on the P.R., he's done everything asked of him and performed very well when given the chance, it doesn't seem right to cut him just because the "new kid" happens to be a vivacious local product.  Now that Jones has left the CFL maybe they can trust that other teams will respect the notion that the P.R. is off limits and give Oliveira the chance to learn and develop as the #3.  I don't believe there were any reported thefts from the P.R. lists across the league last season, so that's encouraging.

Bomber management will do what they want to do.  2 years ago they cut Rupert Butcher from Western that was outplaying Faith Ekakitie in training camp . Don't be surprised with what happens to Augustine.
GCn19

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »

Bomber management will do what they want to do.  2 years ago they cut Rupert Butcher from Western that was outplaying Faith Ekakitie in training camp . Don't be surprised with what happens to Augustine.

Agreed. Like it or not, in pro sports, teams will favor their draft picks when all else is even. Look at the NFL, they often keep rookie draft picks that have been outperformed by UDFAs. Bottom line is that their reputations take a hit every time a draft pick doesn't pan out as planned and they spend a lot of time looking at tape before they draft. That usually leads them to believe in their draft process. Ekakitie was a bust, but overall the Bombers have drafted well so if they decide to keep Oliveira over Augustine I can live with that.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 12:20:30 PM »

The love that Augustine gets on this board just blows my mind.

He has impressed and showed promise in very limited time. That's it.
Jesse

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 12:48:25 PM »

The love that Augustine gets on this board just blows my mind.

He has impressed and showed promise in very limited time. That's it.

Walters also said that everyone needs to slow their roll on Oliveira. He's a second round draft pick and needs to earn his place on the field. He's likely a ST'r before anything else.

My wife is amazing!
booch

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »

depending on how they work their special teams units both could be rostered..technically all John Rush was last year was a fullback..saw no defensive reps, only teams and some offense time..so Oliveira could step into that role and give us more use, and Augustine is in Lafrances role..
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: