Blue Bombers Forum
June 02, 2020, 10:48:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Blue Bomber Draft Picks - May 2, 2019 @ 7:00 PM CT  (Read 11682 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 01, 2019, 04:05:24 PM »

2019 Blue Bomber Draft Picks

Comments and opinions can be made here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 01:52:29 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 06:05:00 PM »

Just want to have some discussion but didn't think it warranted a new topic:

Thoughts on Brady Oliveira, chances we pick him, and what pick?

It sure would be something to have a succession plan for Andrew and having RB be a "designated Winnipegger" position is pretty wild, lol.

Maybe with our second rounder, or does he go earlier (or later, even)?

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 06:12:14 PM »

Just want to have some discussion but didn't think it warranted a new topic:

Thoughts on Brady Oliveira, chances we pick him, and what pick?

It sure would be something to have a succession plan for Andrew and having RB be a "designated Winnipegger" position is pretty wild, lol.

Maybe with our second rounder, or does he go earlier (or later, even)?

If we can get Oliveira late I would take him. If not, I hope our succession plan for Harris is not automatically NAT. Only NAT if we have, or can get, an ELITE NAT RB. If not, go back to IMP at RB. Bottom line, in our O we cannot pigeon hole ourselves to be stuck with anything less than an outstanding RB.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »

Walters said there were some really good TB's in the draft: Irons, Oliveira and Lyles to name a few. Where they perceive their actual ranking and fit for the Bombers is the question. It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see us draft a TB this draft. Ideally that would be in the 3rd round maybe?

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »

If we can get Oliveira late I would take him. If not, I hope our succession plan for Harris is not automatically NAT. Only NAT if we have, or can get, an ELITE NAT RB. If not, go back to IMP at RB. Bottom line, in our O we cannot pigeon hole ourselves to be stuck with anything less than an outstanding RB.

I agree. I should have included the caveat that Oliveira actually is projected to be elite for him to be in the plans. Otherwise in 20 years when Harris retires we will need to go back to Int RB.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Noeller

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 07:43:48 PM »

Don't think Bombers will be continuing NI RB after Harris, so Oliveira not likely a priority. OL, DL and maybe REC will be priorities for the WBB...
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 11:14:11 PM »

Don't think Bombers will be continuing NI RB after Harris, so Oliveira not likely a priority. OL, DL and maybe REC will be priorities for the WBB...
Rec really isnt necessary. We have the four from last year still here. I'd go rec maybe 3rd or later. Only receiver I'd consider at 4 or 5 is Lineus-Dickey
Fire101
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 12:15:10 AM »

Offensive Line would be priority. IMO starting three Americans along the O-line is not a good idea.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 12:30:31 AM »

Offensive Line would be priority. IMO starting three Americans along the O-line is not a good idea.

agree, OL is always the priority

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
3rdand1.5

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 08:55:38 AM »

If we keep our two top picks, I think we go o-line, and perhaps Betts if he is still avail, if Betts is off by our pick I could see two o-line, or if our top board Receiver is still there we may go O-line and rec. We might surprise and see a RB in the 2nd.
RebusRankin

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »

I'd like to see OL and a guy like Betts if available in the 1st. Suspect we might see OL and then WR or OL and a trade though with 4 and 5.
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 12:59:12 PM »

I'd like to see OL and a guy like Betts if available in the 1st. Suspect we might see OL and then WR or OL and a trade though with 4 and 5.

Hard to say what happens with Betts after he got a priority UDFA deal in the NFL. I'm not sure any team will take him in the 1st round as a result.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 01:15:51 PM »

cant see Betts sticking there....he is too small to play the edge there, and has little to no experience to be slotted in as an outside linebacker type there and not worth the time and effort for an NFL tam to put years worth of work into him to just be a marginal guy at best..there are hundreds of undrafted guys coming out of U.S schools with his measurable's or better, who would need less work to make a team, if only as a special teamer and 3rd tier depth guy, so he will get a look, but be shocked if he gets a PR spot
GCn19

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »

Hard to say what happens with Betts after he got a priority UDFA deal in the NFL. I'm not sure any team will take him in the 1st round as a result.

I would take him at 5 without blinking an eye.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 01:36:18 PM »

I would take him at 5 without blinking an eye.

We have the luxury of two 1st round picks so have an opportunity to take that risk. After listening to Walters I'm not sure he wants to do that with so many good players available. That may have been smoke and mirrors so I wouldn't rule it out either.

I could see it with our # 15 pick possibly. OTOH, that's what makes the draft so interesting.

No more excuses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: