Blue Bombers Forum
May 30, 2020, 11:25:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Blue Bomber Draft Picks - May 2, 2019 @ 7:00 PM CT  (Read 11527 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 01:14:36 AM »

I'm not unhappy with any of our 3 picks. Several thought come to mind, some are just pure speculation / queries.

1. Desjarlais won't be available for TC. He might even end up getting a NFL TC offer? In any case it defers our SMS spend for awhile. Does this mean we are very happy with our Canadian OL depth and / or are we giving serious thought to a 3 import OL? Technically I don't think we can even offer him a contact until after his NFL mini camp.

2. Kongbo. Sounds like a player with high upside that might have had more NFL attention if not for the injury. In any case he'll miss TC and again defers SMS spend somewhat. No idea how serious the injuries were ( season ending ) or what the recovery path will be.

3. Oliveria. Manitoba kid. Not a bad idea and he seems like he has good potential. Might see work early on ST's? He might be fighting Augustine as the in game injury RB.

All in all, sounds like good decisions were made. Can't complain but I'm a little more curious about the OL plan then I was at the beginning of the day. Could mean they are really high on the returning 2018 OL draft choices and Gray's chance of starting by mid season?

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2019, 01:16:27 AM »

DL was a position we needed help. Another solid pick.
Blue In BC

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2019, 01:22:40 AM »

DL was a position we needed help. Another solid pick.

Does he have any eligibility left? DL is any area of need. Where or how we keep 4 Canadians may be something to wonder about.

No more excuses.
CrazyCanuck89

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2019, 01:30:48 AM »

Eli Tavita played both centre and left tackle at Hawai, good pick.
theaardvark

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2019, 01:35:26 AM »

Wow... the panel is gushing over Tavita...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
fuzzy

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2019, 01:37:47 AM »

A bit of a reach taking Eli in the 4th when Shane Richards and Bison McMorris were still available.  I would call Eli an off the board pick for sure.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2019, 01:41:49 AM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers select Windsor offensive lineman Drew Desjarlais with 4th overall selection in 2019 CFL Draft

WINNIPEG, MB., May 2, 2019 - With their first pick, 4th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers selected University of Windsor offensive lineman Drew Desjarlais.

Desjarlais (6-5, 325, Windsor, April 24, 1997 in Belle River, ON) spent four season at Waterloo, playing and starting 27 games over that time at both right or left guard.  He played for the West Team in the U SPORTS East-West Bowl last season, and was named an OUA second-team all-star.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winnipeg Blue Bombers select Tennessee defensive end Jonathan Kongbo with 5th overall selection in 2019 CFL Draft

WINNIPEG, MB., May 2, 2019 - With their second pick, 5th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers selected Tennessee defensive end Jonathan Kongbo.

Kongbo (6-5, 255, Tennessee, March 19, 1996 in Surrey, BC)  played 30 games, starting 17, over three seasons with the Volunteers as a linebacker and defensive lineman. He totalled 51 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, two interceptions (including a 50-yarder returned for a touchdown), and two knockdowns. He won the 2018 John Stucky award as Tennessee?s best performer in the weight room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winnipeg Blue Bombers select Winnipeg-born running back  Brady Oliveira with 14th overall selection in 2019 CFL Draft

WINNIPEG, MB., May 2, 2019 - With their third pick, 14th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers selected Winnipeg-born, and North Dakota product, Brady Oliveira (RB).

Oliveira (5-10, 228, North Dakota, May 31, 1995 in Winnipeg, MB) played 42 games at North Dakota, recording 2,822 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns over four seasons. He earned All- Big-Sky Honours in 2016 and 2017, and was a Jon Cornish Award Finalist in 2019, given to the most outstanding Canadian player in collegiate football. His best season came in his final one at UND, recording 980 rushing yards on 161 attempts, with eight touchdowns in just 11 games.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
CrazyCanuck89

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2019, 01:42:08 AM »

A bit of a reach taking Eli in the 4th when Shane Richards and Bison McMorris were still available.  I would call Eli an off the board pick for sure.

What are you talking about?  Shane Richards went first overall.
Leroy

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2019, 01:45:42 AM »

Definitely should have taken Betts in the 4th.

Anyway, I think we would have taken Lee in the 5th but the Stamps beat us to him
fuzzy

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2019, 01:49:39 AM »

What are you talking about?  Shane Richards went first overall.
Shane Richards. Tongue.....Malik Richards I means. Lucky he was still available in the 5th. Thats a steal of a REC that late and probably the last quality receiver left in the draft..

Leroy

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2019, 01:53:10 AM »

Shane Richards. Tongue.....Malik Richards I means. Lucky he was still available in the 5th. Thats a steal of a REC that late and probably the last quality receiver left in the draft..

You have never heard of Malik Richards.

You were talking about OL, clearly.

Anyway, LaChance stays home, Bombers are loading up on the lines.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:05:08 AM by ModAdmin » Logged
fuzzy

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2019, 01:56:03 AM »

Good to see BB's add some local content with former Rifle Tariq Lachance. Could turn into a good special teams addition.

fuzzy

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2019, 02:03:47 AM »

I'd say the Blue have addressed all their needs and added aa lot of depth to their Canadian contrnt. OL,DL REC. and local content at RB and TEAMs. And there is sd till some talent out there this late in the draft.

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2019, 02:03:49 AM »

Definitely should have taken Betts in the 4th.

Anyway, I think we would have taken Lee in the 5th but the Stamps beat us to him

Betts was gone as the third overall pick...we had no option of taking him
Leroy

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2019, 02:06:39 AM »

Good to see BB's add some local content with former Rifle Tariq Lachance. Could turn into a good special teams addition.

You pick the local team he does not even have record of playing a game for rather than the Bisons in addition  to actually being born in Winnipeg.

Easy Lyle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: