Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2020, 09:56:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers Transactions - April 29, 2019  (Read 12839 times)
blue girl

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2019, 06:38:29 PM »

You seem to take any opportunity to " blame " Nichols for these kinds of things, " as part of his style ". Ditto about Lapo to a lesser degree. Like I said, if rookie receivers are struggling adapting to the CFL game and not getting open or taking longer, it's going to impact play calling.

Chemistry with the QB takes time and impacts play calling. Woli, 1st year starter. Thompkins 1st year import that did not start the season. Demski, 1st year in Winnipeg.

I'm not the 1st poster to mention this about you and your comments about Nichols or schemes.
I agree with you. He clearly prefers Streveler and takes every chance he can to diss Nichols.
Knocker42

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »

I've wondered a lot about his posts with respect to the irrational attitude towards Nichols and all I can suppose is that he is simply trying to disturb the excrement.  So, I just ignore them now.
Doublezero

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2019, 07:11:04 PM »

I agree with you. He clearly prefers Streveler and takes every chance he can to diss Nichols.
I'm a Streveler fan too! Hope we get to see lots of him this year. Another set of wheels out of the backfield adds a dangerous wrinkle to the offense. Depending on how a re-built O-line performs, we may need that.

Just gimme the rock.
Ridermania

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »

Is Streveler a free agent next year?

Thanks.
Doublezero

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2019, 07:24:59 PM »

Thanks.
Yes he is FA at the end of 2019 season. Prob will land on an NFL roster IMHO. Otherwise he would've extended in Winnipeg during this offseason window.

Just gimme the rock.
Blue In BC

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2019, 08:16:15 PM »

Yes he is FA at the end of 2019 season. Prob will land on an NFL roster IMHO. Otherwise he would've extended in Winnipeg during this offseason window.

I'm a big Streveler fan as well. I expect we'll see him getting more game time as well. This has nothing to do with Nichols but has everything to do with Streveler bringing didn't attributes to the game.

No, I'm not suggesting a 2 QB system. However there are many advantages to our # 2 QB getting more reps. Overall it makes things more complicated for defenses to prepare. The need to develop and prepare for injury applies to QB's just as it does for other positions.

I don't know whether we'll be able to re-sign Streveler this season or as a potential free agent. I don't believe it's an indication we won't due to not doing it this off season. He might get offers from other CFL teams. He might be our# 1 QB in 2020. No guarantees one way or the other.

I also don't believe he'll necessarily get an NFL invite for showing well.

What I'd say is that he's not a stereotypical NFL type QB.

Keep in mind even Mitchell didn't get an NFL offer.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:24:39 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »

I'm a big Streveler fan as well. I expect we'll see him getting more game time as well. This has nothing to do with Nichols but has everything to do with Streveler bringing didn't attributes to the game.

No, I'm not suggesting a 2 QB system. However there are many advantages to our # 2 QB getting more reps. Overall it makes things more complicated for defenses to prepare. The need to develop and prepare for injury applies to QB's just as it does for other positions.

I don't know whether we'll be able to re-sign Streveler this season or as a potential free agent. I don't believe it's an indication we won't due to not doing it this off season. He might get offers from other CFL teams. He might be our# 1 QB in 2020. No guarantees one way or the other.

I also don't believe he'll necessarily get an NFL invite for showing well.

What I'd say is that he's not a stereotypical NFL type QB.

Keep in mind even Mitchell didn't get an NFL offer.

Actually Mitchell had several NFL offers, none that he felt were good enuff tho.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2019, 08:23:24 PM »

Thanks.

Only if we don't re sign him.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2019, 08:25:21 PM »

You seem to take any opportunity to " blame " Nichols for these kinds of things, " as part of his style ". Ditto about Lapo to a lesser degree. Like I said, if rookie receivers are struggling adapting to the CFL game and not getting open or taking longer, it's going to impact play calling.

Chemistry with the QB takes time and impacts play calling. Woli, 1st year starter. Thompkins 1st year import that did not start the season. Demski, 1st year in Winnipeg.

I'm not the 1st poster to mention this about you and your comments about Nichols or schemes.

again, you side step my question as to where was it that I 'dissed' Nichols in my previous post...

and in regards to your chemistry comment, I'm confused as to what your point is... on one hand you use Woli as an example for the 2017 season, now you're saying he's a first year starter, but, the real conundrum is the Demski reference... after all he was the 2nd most targeted Bomber receiver last year, his first year here, so I'm not sure what to make of that...

and just because you're not 'the 1st poster to mention this' doesn't make you any more right than the others... I stand by my Nichols comments and I'm willing to defend any that you feel are untrue... it's kind of like slander law threshold, it's only slander if it's untrue...

and for you and the rest of the gang, maybe you should take a few minutes and refresh yourself with a few of the threads that here last season in regards to Nichols and his on field performance... particularly those comments made by members who love to jump on the 'Chevelle is a hater' bandwagon, it's rather humorous...  at least I'm consistent in my position, lol...  maybe in the future you may consider actually providing narrative as to why I'm wrong instead of resorting to labeling me as a 'hater'... sometimes the truth just hurts... 

for now, you just keep making excuses and I'll keep pointing out the flaws in your post... deal?   Shocked

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pigskin

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »

How many offers did Bo have, and can you name the teams?
Blue In BC

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »

Actually Mitchell had several NFL offers, none that he felt were good enuff tho.

I may have overstated but that's still the point. Few CFL QB's get NFL deals especially those coming off of 1st CFL contracts and having had limited exposure.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2019, 08:35:31 PM »

again, you side step my question as to where was it that I 'dissed' Nichols in my previous post...

and in regards to your chemistry comment, I'm confused as to what your point is... on one hand you use Woli as an example for the 2017 season, now you're saying he's a first year starter, but, the real conundrum is the Demski reference... after all he was the 2nd most targeted Bomber receiver last year, his first year here, so I'm not sure what to make of that...

and just because you're not 'the 1st poster to mention this' doesn't make you any more right than the others... I stand by my Nichols comments and I'm willing to defend any that you feel are untrue... it's kind of like slander law threshold, it's only slander if it's untrue...

and for you and the rest of the gang, maybe you should take a few minutes and refresh yourself with a few of the threads that here last season in regards to Nichols and his on field performance... particularly those comments made by members who love to jump on the 'Chevelle is a hater' bandwagon, it's rather humorous...  at least I'm consistent in my position, lol...  maybe in the future you may consider actually providing narrative as to why I'm wrong instead of resorting to labeling me as a 'hater'... sometimes the truth just hurts... 

for now, you just keep making excuses and I'll keep pointing out the flaws in your post... deal?   Shocked 

I'm not sidestepping anything. Feel free to point out my flaws all you want.

I'm not going to bother looking up your 2018 or off season posts. It's there and we all know it. Other posters have just chimed in agreeing with me.

Regarding our receivers. Different receivers take longer to develop and get opportunities ( Woli ). Other receivers ( Demski ) had CFL experience and was used more similarly to Harris. That was both part of our strategy and applicable to his skill set. He's not the player we're going to expect to be the deep target most of the time.

None of this is that complicated to figure out.

If we had signed Derel Walker I doubt we'd have been throwing him 4 yard passes all game. Winnipeg hasn't had that type of receiver for quite awhile.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:01:49 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2019, 08:58:23 PM »

as I've stated numerous times here, I have no issue with our receiving corp... but do you actually believe that if we signed Derrel Walker that we are going to all of sudden change the entire offense? Darvin Adams was mentioned as one of the most under valued player by his peers in an article in 2017... Darvins numbers may not be as impressive as other more highly touted receivers but it has more to do with 'opportunity' than it does talent...  as stated multiple times on this forum, long ball play for the Bombers is 'not who we are'...

When you look at Darvin's production over the last few seasons it's hard to understand why we don't appreciate him more than we do... he was a 1,000 yard receiver in each of the last 2 seasons, was on track to do so in '16 as well but missed 10 games, and over 800 yards in '15 and has consistently been in the top 10, last year in the top 4, in the league in TDs scored... all the while playing for a team that is last in the league in 20+ yard attempts... I'm not sure what else we could expect from him...

we're a 'ball security, low risk throw' team, signing 1 player won't change that... again, it's been said many times here, players must fit the system, not the other way around...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:00:59 PM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »

Nichols will be our #1 QB / Adams our #1 receiver and that combo is pretty darn good.

Strev will continue to develop the right way, low and slow like good slow cooked ribs.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2019, 10:03:14 PM »

I think Streveler is the best QB we have, but I don't see him getting more reps than he did last year unless Nichols is injured. MOS and PLAP will play the starter as much as possible. I don't see him getting an NFL look after this year either.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: