Blue Bombers Forum
August 05, 2020, 12:54:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers Transactions - April 29, 2019  (Read 11612 times)
booch

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2019, 12:11:09 PM »

Simonese is not behind Peterman...and I doubt Peterman sticks around out west anyway...and I'm not sold on him either...tends to drop easy balls.

Like Noeller said and I mentioned before..Simonese would have stayed in Cinci if not for the PED thing and they were wanting to put the time in to developing him...as a National in a receiver/rb/linebacker position that says something...he has all the tools and the body to be a big time player, and like was mentioned a National in an Import package...you have to remember that last year was his first real football environment again at a high level in 3 years
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2019, 12:51:57 PM »

5th QB will probably be a Bison arm, or USports...

No, it will be McQuire. Walters mentioned he want both McQuire and Anderson to compete for the 4th QB spot.
Jesse

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »

I'm not going to enter the RS debate - haven't seen enough of him to argue either way.

I think it would be premature to trade any of our guys - neither RS nor Petermann have seen the field enough to get back the value that we'd want.

My wife is amazing!
Blue In BC

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2019, 02:18:21 PM »

I'm not going to enter the RS debate - haven't seen enough of him to argue either way.

I think it would be premature to trade any of our guys - neither RS nor Petermann have seen the field enough to get back the value that we'd want.

I like all the Canadian receivers. My thought was more about whether there was an opportunity to trade from one area of strength to improve an area which is more an area of possible weakness. IE: a prospect with equal upside still developing.

There are opportunities to add good receiver depth in this draft. I don't know that will be one of the decisions.  Those areas needing improvement OL / DL can also be improved in this draft.

Part of the equations include what SMS for each player is and duration of current contracts. We may lose Petermann and Woli next season as free agents. Not sure if Simonise is on a 2 or 3 year deal.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 02:32:47 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »

Walters suggested picking the best player available as possible decisions.  That makes sense at one level but not always at another. For example, if the best two players are receivers, would that be wise decisions? You still have to balance depth across the total roster.

So seeing what position we draft at will be interesting. That said I'm guessing OL and DL but it's just a guess.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »

I like all the Canadian receivers. My thought was more about whether there was an opportunity to trade from one area of strength to improve an area which is more an area of possible weakness. IE: a prospect with equal upside still developing.

There are opportunities to add good receiver depth in this draft. I don't know that will be one of the decisions.  Those areas needing improvement OL / DL can also be improved in this draft.

Part of the equations include what SMS for each player is and duration of current contracts. We may lose Petermann and Woli next season as free agents. Not sure if Simonise is on a 2 or 3 year deal.

I think re-signing Woli should not be a problem especially if they can convince his buddy to stick around.  Grin
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »

I think re-signing Woli should not be a problem especially if they can convince his buddy to stick around.  Grin

Yeah maybe. Who can be certain what 2020 brings in free agency offers potentially. Keeping in mind we lost 3 top Canadians this off season.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:57:38 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2019, 06:44:41 PM »

Walters suggested picking the best player available as possible decisions.  That makes sense at one level but not always at another. For example, if the best two players are receivers, would that be wise decisions? You still have to balance depth across the total roster.

So seeing what position we draft at will be interesting. That said I'm guessing OL and DL but it's just a guess.

There are some excellent receivers this year that may tempt Walters, but ultimately I agree with you.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2019, 07:39:21 PM »

There are some excellent receivers this year that may tempt Walters, but ultimately I agree with you.

That's part of what I had in mind about possibly looking to trade one of the current 4 Canadian receivers. I was just guessing Simonise as the possible choice.

Lots of moving parts in all of this.

1. Possible ratio change.
2. Possibility we start 3 Canadian receivers, although I'm not expecting it.
3. Perception ( Walters not mine ) that a draft choice might be better and capable of starting sooner.
4. Simonise may be pushing to start in 2019. In front of who if that's the case?
5. Contract costs and length. IE: A new rookie on a 2 or 3 year deal as opposed to one possibly leaving in 2020?

But overall I'm not expecting to start 3 Canadians and I don't think we draft a receiver at # 4 or #5. Maybe at #15 but that changes some SMS factors and we might be able to 1 game IR a new guy.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »

That's a good guess.

I'd go with these are most likely:
1. OL and DL
2. OL and WR

Outside shot of:
1. DL and WR
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2019, 11:57:27 PM »

That's a good guess.

I'd go with these are most likely:
1. OL and DL
2. OL and WR

Outside shot of:
1. DL and WR

you were right

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
PurpleReign

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2019, 12:15:00 AM »

Simonise has the most skill of any Canadian on our roster not named Harris. As another poster said, he's an NFL player in a Canadian body. His development might be different than that of Wolitarsky and Petermann but his ceiling is the highest while his floor is the lowest

That's debatable, my pick would be Petermann, who I fell has more upside than Simonize.
kkc60

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2019, 03:57:44 AM »

That's debatable, my pick would be Petermann, who I fell has more upside than Simonize.
I think Petermann has a higher floor but I think a lower ceiling.
Blue In BC

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2019, 05:03:27 PM »

Ok. 2019 draft accomplished. Get some signatures on the dotted line.

Proceed to finalize last minute changes to rookie camp roster etc etc. Whitehead comes to mind. There may be some neg list players that didn't get NFL mini camp offers that are now looking north. Might even be a couple of AAF players in our radar.

The excitement is building!!

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »

I think Petermann. He reminds me of Rick House. Like Woli82 last year, throw him the ball more and I think he will a very good year. I also would keep all our receivers. Simonize can back up Woli82, Petermann can back up Demski.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: