Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2020, 09:02:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers Transactions - April 29, 2019  (Read 13416 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 03:01:46 AM »

Yeah, Whitehead for sure I'm expecting to get added. He was on our neg list and was reported to have had a good camp. Why he hasn't yet been added seems a bit of a surprise but there was a lot of roster activity yesterday. He may still be announced shortly?

Read some good comments about Rios and thought he'd get added. OTOH, we weren't at the mini camp so perhaps others performed even better and more consistently.

We'll know soon enough. Overall I'm wondering whether any new rookie will bump off any 2018 PR player as final changes are made getting to 75 roster today.

Sounds like talks are still ongoing with Whitehead.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 01:04:24 PM »

Sounds like talks are still ongoing with Whitehead.

We're probably at a point where the roster is 75. More additions will require an off setting release. Sure that can happen but if he's looking for a big signing bonus, guaranteed money or some sort or bigger ELC, he may be barking up the wrong tree.

He'll have to really have impressed. Maybe he did but there is a bit of risk involved.

No more excuses.
Nic16

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 01:51:17 PM »

We're probably at a point where the roster is 75. More additions will require an off setting release. Sure that can happen but if he's looking for a big signing bonus, guaranteed money or some sort or bigger ELC, he may be barking up the wrong tree.

He'll have to really have impressed. Maybe he did but there is a bit of risk involved.

I ?think? the roster is currently @ 74...without Whitehead.

Walters also mentioned he would like to bring in 2 QBs that we?re at mini-camp. Anderson & McGuire.

*edit - I see Anderson was added this morning along with Rios. So, we might be at 75 or possibly over by 1 or 2 guys at this point.....??
At that point 2 players would have to be released to make room. I?m thinking a DB & one of the handful of returner/rec?s would be the first spots to look at.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:53:50 PM by Nic16 » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »

I ?think? the roster is currently @ 74...without Whitehead.

Walters also mentioned he would like to bring in 2 QBs that we?re at mini-camp. Anderson & McGuire.

*edit - I see Anderson was added this morning along with Rios. So, we might be at 75 or possibly over by 1 or 2 guys at this point.....??
At that point 2 players would have to be released to make room. I?m thinking a DB & one of the handful of returner/rec?s would be the first spots to look at.

Temple was added as well. Adding a 5th QB makes sense for rookie camp at the least. So many receiver and DB candidates need someone to be throwing the ball to see how they look.

Transactions may have happened that we haven't heard about yet. It's fluid.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 02:16:33 PM »

Temple was added as well. Adding a 5th QB makes sense for rookie camp at the least. So many receiver and DB candidates need someone to be throwing the ball to see how they look.

Transactions may have happened that we haven't heard about yet. It's fluid.
Only 4 QBs on roster
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 03:36:02 PM »

5th QB will probably be a Bison arm, or USports...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 04:41:53 PM »

Only 4 QBs on roster

We added Anderson but he said he'd like to add McQuire as well. I could see a Bison QB added for the actual TC and he'd be a non counter. One of Anderson or McQuire might make it beyond rookie camp to TC.

Rhetorical question somewhat: Anyone you think we might be looking to trade? I'm not sure why but I think we might consider trading Simonise. He's a raw talent but IMO he's last among our Canadian receivers and I don't know how often he'll see the field. There are several good receivers in the draft and if we choose to draft one, something may need to give.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:34:31 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Noeller

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 07:47:01 PM »

Rhetorical question somewhat: Anyone you think we might be looking to trade? I'm not sure why but I think we might consider trading Simonise. He's a raw talent but IMO he's last among our Canadian receivers and I don't know how often he'll see the field. There are several good receivers in the draft and if we choose to draft one, something may need to give.
Nooooooooooope. Simonese might be the most talented NI REC we have. He's absolutely not going anywhere. This is his year to break out. The only reason he hasn't seen the field as much as the others is because he's stuck behind Darvin Adams on the depth chart, who was almost never hurt last year. Simonese is an American talent in a Canadian body.
blue_or_die

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 08:04:59 PM »

Nooooooooooope. Simonese might be the most talented NI REC we have. He's absolutely not going anywhere. This is his year to break out. The only reason he hasn't seen the field as much as the others is because he's stuck behind Darvin Adams on the depth chart, who was almost never hurt last year. Simonese is an American talent in a Canadian body.

Quite the vote of confidence.

I'd say it's more accurate to say he's behind Wolitarsky.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »

We added Anderson but he said he'd like to add McQuire as well. I could see a Bison QB added for the actual TC and he'd be a non counter. One of Anderson or McQuire might make it beyond rookie camp to TC.

If they are going to trade anyone I would think it would be Petermann, with his height advantage Simonise is much better suited to the outside receiver spot....assuming they move Woli inside.  Not sure they could get much for Petermann with limited game time but I figure they will lose him to a team in the East as soon as he becomes a F.A. at the end of this season anyway.
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »

I like Simonise. Even if the ratio doesn't change I'm not expecting to start 3 Canadian receivers. I also think there is a reasonable chance we draft a receiver based on the top end talent in this draft.

There is such a thing as too many candidates for one type of roster position, especially if none of them really play ST's. IMO 4 is a good number to have. If they aren't planning to draft a receiver than Simonise should get more reps than 2018 but he's still the 4th guy behind Woli, Demski and Petermann.

Simonise is an asset and you trade assets for other assets where depth is not as good. If there is a trading partner that has an asset you want.

I'm not sure there is one where there is a win / win situation. Just saying I could see it might be a possibility depending on the team strategy.

If we HAVE to start 3 import OL that changes everything and I hope that's not the case.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 08:28:07 PM »

Quite the vote of confidence.

I'd say it's more accurate to say he's behind Wolitarsky.

I can definitely see the potential and where Noeller is coming from. Tons of upside there. More than a few guys have had all the potential in the world though and never do much, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Blue In BC

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2019, 08:29:06 PM »

If they are going to trade anyone I would think it would be Petermann, with his height advantage Simonise is much better suited to the outside receiver spot....assuming they move Woli inside.  Not sure they could get much for Petermann with limited game time but I figure they will lose him to a team in the East as soon as he becomes a F.A. at the end of this season anyway.

Walters didn't give any indication of moving Woli inside. Simonise might be making more than Petermann and is seeing the field less? Woli is also potentially going to be a free agent in 2020.

Like any trade it comes down to what might we get in trade. I'm a little nervous about our experienced Canadians on the OL. If another team has strength on the OL but weakness at Canadian receiver, maybe there is something to be done.

Don't get me wrong, I see potential in Simonise and he may even move up the depth chart.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 08:33:15 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Noeller

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 09:15:53 PM »

Simonise was in the Cincinatti Bengals camp, and reports were that he was set to make that team except for the PED bust. Last year, in extremely limited time, he beat two of the leagues best cover guys for big plays. I know these posts sound like I'm some big RS fanboi, but I'm really not....just pointing out some facts. None of our NI REC are going anywhere right now...
kkc60

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 11:12:26 PM »

Simonise has the most skill of any Canadian on our roster not named Harris. As another poster said, he's an NFL player in a Canadian body. His development might be different than that of Wolitarsky and Petermann but his ceiling is the highest while his floor is the lowest
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: