Blue Bombers Forum
September 20, 2019, 05:38:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomon Elimimian released...and signed with the riders...  (Read 8064 times)
VictorRomano

« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »

Plus were they ever leaders or stars?

A good soldier rarely makes a good general.  Just because you won the genetic lottery and were a physically-talented player doesn't mean you have what it takes to coach.  I've worked with a bunch of ex-pros, including some of the most physically-gifted humans I've ever been around, who couldn't coach their way out a paper bag; many can't manage people or the diverse personalities that make a team, many are arrogant and are unwilling to consider the views of others, and they often have an ego that could choke a horse.  Conversely, I've also worked with amazing coaches who never played pro, as they didn't have the physical gifts.
GCn19

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »

A good soldier rarely makes a good general.  Just because you won the genetic lottery and were a physically-talented player doesn't mean you have what it takes to coach.  I've worked with a bunch of ex-pros, including some of the most physically-gifted humans I've ever been around, who couldn't coach their way out a paper bag; many can't manage people or the diverse personalities that make a team, many are arrogant and are unwilling to consider the views of others, and they often have an ego that could choke a horse.  Conversely, I've also worked with amazing coaches who never played pro, as they didn't have the physical gifts.

Milt Stegall has often stated he would make a lousy coach.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2019, 12:31:44 PM »

There are also excellent players who have become excellent coaches. There really is no right way or wrong way to enter the coaching ranks. Those who are great and honest communicators/teachers will rise to the top no matter how or why they were recruited as coaches.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2019, 05:47:36 AM »

Personally, I think Kavis should have packed it in years ago, but somehow he's managed to stick around.  Hervey?  He's got to learn to keep his mouth shut more often to avoid turning into a Kavis.

But Kavis gave us one of the most priceless moments in CFL presser-dom... Consequences!  Whenever I feel down about the Bombers or something, I just fire that up for a re-watch and it always brightens my day.

If having Kavis around can give us more of those moments, keep him in the CFL forever!  (Personally, I think Kavis is a decent coach, and I have nothing against him.)

And for everyone who thinks Kavis can't coach/GM worth beans, we should thank our lucky stars he's still here destroying a competitor team, making our guys' jobs that much easier (free spot on the Bingo game card!).
buckzumhoff

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2019, 11:19:11 AM »

chris jones decimated his team. they had it all together the year before he took over. Now hes in the NFL. Sask rebuilding with older players, Eliminian will help. They have to do something since Jones cut everyone or 50 per cent of the team and then asked his starters to take a pay cut for his big front office salary.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:25:23 AM by buckzumhoff » Logged
trapper

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2019, 03:11:11 PM »

chris jones decimated his team. they had it all together the year before he took over. Now hes in the NFL. Sask rebuilding with older players, Eliminian will help. They have to do something since Jones cut everyone or 50 per cent of the team and then asked his starters to take a pay cut for his big front office salary.

Say what?  They had it all together before Jones came in?  3-15 is "all together"Huh  Huh
buckzumhoff

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2019, 07:35:36 PM »

They were 10-8 the year before and won the cup the year before. That.  Chris Jones came in fired everyone. Just hope he doesnt or isnt the defensive coordinator in Cleveland. The offensses in the nfl are good. And im sure he will show his schemes and their defense wil get beat by schemes and not talent.  Cleveland was improving.  They will probably get eaten except for the fact they picked up Bush from kansas City. They will have to put up points with that moron running the defense.
bluebeard

« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2019, 08:14:47 PM »

They were 10-8 the year before and won the cup the year before. That.  Chris Jones came in fired everyone. Just hope he doesnt or isnt the defensive coordinator in Cleveland. The offensses in the nfl are good. And im sure he will show his schemes and their defense wil get beat by schemes and not talent.  Cleveland was improving.  They will probably get eaten except for the fact they picked up Bush from kansas City. They will have to put up points with that moron running the defense.
Jones is not the DC in Cleveland, just the senior assistant on defence.
trapper

« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »

They were 10-8 the year before and won the cup the year before. That. 

You mean the year they loss 6 of their last 7?  Followed by 3-15.  When Jones came in the Riders were on a 4-21 run....

The stars that got the team the 2013 were done. 
GCn19

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »

The 2013 stars were still there, they were past their expiry date though. The Riders roster is again long in the tooth and playing chicken with father time.

DM83

« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

The. Problem is that Kavis lack of appropriate skills, has in all likelihood alienated the fan base.  Now they are on the eve of extinction.

That poor organization is doomed until they get rid of him.

Toronto is a lost cause. Championship teams and players, good coaches, and still they can't figure out how to make it work.  I fear their extinction.

Here is a conspiracy theory idea.

Is the NFL exhibition game in Winnioeg a "litmus" test event?
Wouldn't it be a great idea to gauge the public response, regarding  fan interest to the NFL?  Because, if looking at the possibility of the writing is on the wall for the death of the CFL, could a potential merger be in the works?
At this time the East has only one competitive team, Hamilton.  The West-  four potential franchises with stadiums that could be expanded or modified to hold 50,000. Or already can. Calgary will. Get a new one sooner or later.

Winnipeg and Sask would be the Greenbays of the North!. Plus with NFL revenue sharing?....does it work? The others have the proximity to populations over one million people, .....
Blue In BC

« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2019, 04:47:36 PM »

The. Problem is that Kavis lack of appropriate skills, has in all likelihood alienated the fan base.  Now they are on the eve of extinction.

Toronto is a lost cause. Championship teams and players, good coaches, and still they can't figure out how to make it work.  I fear their extinction.

Wouldn't it be a great idea to gauge the public response, regarding  fan interest to the NFL?  Because, if looking at the possibility of the writing is on the wall for the death of the CFL, could a potential merger be in the works?
At this time the East has only one competitive team, Hamilton.  The West-  four potential franchises with stadiums that could be expanded or modified to hold 50,000. Or already can. Calgary will. Get a new one sooner or later.

Winnipeg and Sask would be the Greenbays of the North!. Plus with NFL revenue sharing?....does it work? The others have the proximity to populations over one million people, .....

Fantasy theory more than conspiracy theory.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2019, 04:57:18 PM »

Like I said.......its in all likelihood, an "event" to generate some revenue and creatively do that.
But hey, every great achievement starts off with the first step.
Waffler

« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »

I love the theory but football outdoors in Dec and Jan?

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »

No material TV market....and that terrible exchange rate...couldn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: