Blue Bombers Forum
September 20, 2019, 03:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomon Elimimian released...and signed with the riders...  (Read 8052 times)
Ridermania

« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2019, 01:39:50 PM »

Singleton will not be back in the CFL.
Blue In BC

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2019, 03:44:08 PM »

Maybe not this season but eventually. I wish him well in his NFL career though.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2019, 03:16:28 AM »

Hmm, if Bighill came back, Singleton will too.  Bighill>Singleton.  The only thing Singles has going for him vs Bighill is he's starting in the NFL much younger.  But is Singleton smaller than Bighill?  If Bighill wasn't big enough, why would Singleton be?  And Singleton is not even remotely as smart as Biggie.

I think he'll do the usual NFL tour, sit on PRs, get some game reps, fail to wow, and mope back here in 2-3 years.  And nothing wrong with that.  Half the CFL does that.  Make enough money down there to last the rest of your life and then return to the CFL for fun and actual game time.
Pigskin

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2019, 03:45:08 AM »

Alex is 25, 6-2, 232.

Adam is 30, 5-10, 230.

Adam was 28 when he left BC to try out for the Saints.
theaardvark

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »

Troy Westwood @TroyWestwood

Just a wee bit of motivation for Mr. Elimimian... #CFL
"Lions GM Ed Hervey on Solomon Elimimian: ?we know when a players? time is up?"

I guess Wally taught him well?

But is it really good to give a player, any player, even one past what you believe is his "Best Before" date, any kind of bulletin board material?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:58:32 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
NewBlue

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »

"We know when a players time is up..."

Kinda like they did with Andrew Harris?  Shocked
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »

Troy Westwood @TroyWestwood

Just a wee bit of motivation for Mr. Elimimian... #CFL
"Lions GM Ed Hervey on Solomon Elimimian: ?we know when a players? time is up?"

I guess Wally taught him well?

But is it really good to give a player, any player, even one past what you believe is his "Best Before" date, any kind of bulletin board material?

I'm not sure the full context but that's a stupid thing to say. I suppose it's motivation, but much more, it's just disrespectful to a former franchise player. The whole thing was done poorly. We moved on from Chris Randle and Walters said nothing but good things about him and wished him well. That's the very least you can do for any player, but particuarly one who provided so much. 
trapper

« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2019, 03:52:55 PM »

Exactly.  Hervey has many people fooled.  Kavis Reed in Montreal aside (you'd have to look at the Gliebermans to find worse mgt) Hervey is a terrible GM.
GCn19

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2019, 04:03:14 PM »

Different situation. Harris chose not to return to BC, and Solly was released by them while still under contract.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »

Different situation. Harris chose not to return to BC, and Solly was released by them while still under contract.

No, Bighill chose not to return to BC (well, he did give them a heads up and a chance).  Harris was coming up for FA and BC chose to let him go precisely because Wally said he was past his prime (well that and they probably couldn't afford him anymore, especially for a team that doesn't really value RBs).

Hervey is being just like Wally.  That's fine with me.  I don't think the players take it too personally, and if they do and it motivates them, all the better.  Wally was a great.  Hervey is going to bomb.
the paw

« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2019, 07:18:10 PM »

Exactly.  Hervey has many people fooled.  Kavis Reed in Montreal aside (you'd have to look at the Gliebermans to find worse mgt) Hervey is a terrible GM.

I don't think Hervey is a bad GM in the sense that I believe he can build a roster successfully.  However, he is an arrogant tool, which led not only to his downfall in Edmonton over microphonegate, but leads him to say stupid crap that insults his players unnecessarily.  He is one of those clowns who confuses frankness with a lack of manners. 

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »

he can build a team...but is an ego maniac...he built the team that Jones reaped the rewards from
GCn19

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »

No, Bighill chose not to return to BC (well, he did give them a heads up and a chance).  Harris was coming up for FA and BC chose to let him go precisely because Wally said he was past his prime (well that and they probably couldn't afford him anymore, especially for a team that doesn't really value RBs).

Hervey is being just like Wally.  That's fine with me.  I don't think the players take it too personally, and if they do and it motivates them, all the better.  Wally was a great.  Hervey is going to bomb.

That is fiction. Harris had pretty much announced in November of his last season in BC that he was going to leave. Wally stated that he offered Harris a very generous contract offer that was reported by TSN to be in the 140-150k a year range. He also stated that he could not offer more due to SMS restraints.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:53:37 AM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
DM83

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »

I never believed Hervey or Kavis earned their way to the positions they are in now. A lack,of experience fostered dumb decision making.  Plus were they ever leaders or stars?

I didn't think so, good players, but during their careers, not leaders?  Were they?
Slight nuances regarding evaluating players and managing them seems to be lacking in their personal experience.

I have zero faith in those guys to carry on a franchise, or actually even just shop for groceries. IMHO! Lol!

However lots of idiots get top positions.  They just have to take advantage of the opportunity. I couldn't say they have.  Certainly not poor Kavis.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2019, 12:18:50 PM »

I can't speak to Kavis' on field because I wasn't a "whole league" fan in the late 90s, but I remember Hervey being a pretty good player (two time league all star) and being recognized as a leader.

I actually don't think being great on the field routinely translates into being a great in a management/coaching role, in fact the opposite is usually true (there are some exceptions like Dickenson, but his coaching abilities come more from studying under Huff than anything else).  Milanovich wasn't a great QB.  Calvillo was, but he's not a great coach (thus far).  Dunigan was terrible as a coach/GM, regardless of how bad the team was around him, and they were terrible.  Wade Miller was awesome at going intentionally offside to push the kick team back to concede a single, but he was never an all star after fact checking on wikipedia, apparently he was an all star.  Maas had a few good years as a player, and decent years as a coach, though he benefitted greatly from having both Ray and Reilly.

Personally, I think Kavis should have packed it in years ago, but somehow he's managed to stick around.  Hervey?  He's got to learn to keep his mouth shut more often to avoid turning into a Kavis.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 01:05:12 PM by BlueInCgy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: