Blue Bombers Forum
September 20, 2019, 02:12:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomon Elimimian released...and signed with the riders...  (Read 8073 times)
kkc60

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »

Just wondering what this has to do with anything. I agree with the general premise of what you said but was there some new rule last year where you get bonus touchdowns for using the same returner repeatedly?
It was selective listing. Instead of saying "despite not true #1 receiver" or "despite starting the most inconsistent DB in the league" or "despite our QB regressing" he picked the easiest thing that puts the least heat on KW, MOS and the team. Because having no set in stone returner really isn't as.big as other things
theaardvark

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »

Just wondering what this has to do with anything. I agree with the general premise of what you said but was there some new rule last year where you get bonus touchdowns for using the same returner repeatedly?

When you have one returner who is outstanding at his position, you would generally have more production from that position, no?  When you spend most of the season trying to figure out who will hurt you least returning, you are probably going to see fewer points off of possession change...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »

Tough crowd. The last few seasons have been very entertaining and we were not a mid level team.

Yes we have some areas we'd like to improve but doesn't every team?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:13:37 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 10:21:23 PM »

Solomon Elimimian hasn't been officially released by the BC Lions yet, but according to TSN's Farhan Lalji, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Toronto Argonauts and Saskatchewan Roughriders have all shown some interest in the linebacker.

From TSN
theaardvark

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 10:24:53 PM »

It was selective listing. Instead of saying "despite not true #1 receiver" or "despite starting the most inconsistent DB in the league" or "despite our QB regressing" he picked the easiest thing that puts the least heat on KW, MOS and the team. Because having no set in stone returner really isn't as.big as other things

A top flight returner is one of the most exciting players you will have on the field, and can be a big influence in points scored, both personally and by field position....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Mike

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 10:53:38 PM »

A top flight returner is one of the most exciting players you will have on the field, and can be a big influence in points scored, both personally and by field position....

Been gone for over a year and I see you still have the same schtick... good on ya
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2019, 11:43:43 PM »

Who are you referring to?
kkc60

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2019, 12:14:45 AM »

Who are you referring to?
Fogg
kkc60

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2019, 12:15:35 AM »

Sure. But it isn't make or break and in general isn't on the field as much.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2019, 01:38:13 AM »

Ditto.
I agree Bombers need a receiver as a priority.
But I have. Given up on the Bombers "plan"

They really don't have one.
Sure drink the cool aide and believe the PR.

But comparing what other teams seem to do, the Bombers can't compete on that field,either.
I don't see much leadership here. Based in the past it looks like the Bombers Will be middle of the pack......again.
Same old, same old. actually it's a very boring team.

After many years as a. Season ticket holder,, I will stay home and watch on TV.

classic panic post with little facts or value

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2019, 01:39:04 AM »

Wow... have you WATCHED a Bomber game in the last few years?  3 winning seasons in a row, highest scoring team in the league last year even with starting a rookie at QB for 4 games and having PR/KR by committee... 

If you can't have fun watching this team play at IGF, yeah, keep your miserable butt at home, we'll all enjoy it more Wink

hit a bell three times with a metal object

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 04:59:52 AM »

If we keep Lucky we should have a very good return game this year.

Solly is a play maker. I would love to have him hear but I don't think we can afford him.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 06:45:18 PM by Pigskin » Logged
DM83

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »

Bottom line.
 Middle of the pack.

Same old.
Sask rocks. Eh PJ . L.
theaardvark

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2019, 02:53:46 PM »

Bottom line.
 Middle of the pack.

Same old.
Sask rocks. Eh PJ . L.

As a betting man, I'd love to take your money, if you care to put it where your mouth is.  Or, as this site will probably not allow wagering in cash, name your stakes.  Middle of the pack means 9-9.  I'll give you the middle ground and take the over at 9.5 wins.  Put up, or shut up Wink

Blue In BC

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »

If we keep Lucky we should a very good return game this year.

Solly is a play maker. I would love to have him hear but I don't think we can afford him.

There is going to be many players that will audition for the role as a returner. The winner might be a starter or a DI. It could be several players doing duty on PR, KR.

How the ratio changes, if it changes may factor into who comes out on top.

As far as Whitehead he's still going to have a high hill to overcome in TC to make the roster At this point he hasn't even gotten a TC contract.

Still waiting for any official news on which new comers from last week get added and who doesn't get re-signed that were already signed / dropped going in the mini camp.

Reports are that he looked good, so while I expect he may be a player added, how he does against the vets would be more telling.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: