Blue Bombers Forum
August 22, 2019, 08:08:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomon Elimimian released...and signed with the riders...  (Read 7548 times)
Fire101
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »

I remember when the Lions signed Mike Reilly, Ed Hervey was asked about the SMS and he replied that in order to pay Mike you have to steal from Joe and Peter.

Losing Soloman is big, but don't forget about Chris Rainey. Losing him is substantial as well.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:35:51 PM by Fire101 » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 05:36:00 PM »

I remember when the Lions signed Mike Reilly, he was asked about the SMS and he replied that in order to pay Mike you have to steal from Joe and Peter.

Losing Soloman is big, but so is losing Chris Rainey.

Lions lost nearly 20 players already. Some of that was SMS related to signing Reilly. Others were player choices or team choices to move forward.

No more excuses.
bwiser

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 08:41:27 PM »

The Bombers have to find a way to get him signed. We would instantly have the best LB's in the league.The Bombers should have some cap room after losing Chungh and Goosen off the payroll.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:21:23 PM by bwiser » Logged
blue girl

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 09:40:19 PM »

I'd make him an offer. Maybe Bighill can convince him to come here.
DM83

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 12:23:13 AM »

Not to,many of us have said it, but we could be a great defensive team.  Maybe like the Sean Salisbury team of what was it 1989? 

I would sign him and find a way to manage the cap. Sort o like what Chvey take a day off should  have done. Last year with the jets and Stasny, amd again this year, by getting a center who could light the second line up.
Winners make it happen, losers make  excuses.

Isn't it time the Bombers and the Jets quit whining, and made some moves to bring better players in here.?
Remember Cal in the. Nineties bringing in Matt.  We didn't quite win it all, but, if not for a separated shoulder Maybe Matt would have brought us a cup.

Anyway, the Bombers need to think outside the box.  Hell even if we go over the cap, so what?,,,lose a draft choice, vs. A championship?, really?  Any further thought needed on that?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:30:58 PM by DM83 » Logged
dd

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 01:18:50 AM »

I remember when the Lions signed Mike Reilly, Ed Hervey was asked about the SMS and he replied that in order to pay Mike you have to steal from Joe and Peter.

Losing Soloman is big, but don't forget about Chris Rainey. Losing him is substantial as well.
I would sign Rainey before if sign Solly. We don?t NEED solly at will, it?s a nice to have, we NEED a binaries threat at the returner position. Rainey will lay you back much more than solly would , and whatever the case, our biggest need is at WR, who cares solly is going to be released, we told JSK to walk for $140 k, and no way solly plays for that
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 03:57:19 AM »

great player too $$$

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 04:22:53 AM »

Lions lost nearly 20 players already. Some of that was SMS related to signing Reilly. Others were player choices or team choices to move forward.

Ya, I hope Burnham is really good in '19, because that's all Reilly will have out there.  It'll be Reilly, Chungh and Burnham alone on O; they'll have no SMS left to pay 9 other guys.

They'll probably still beat MTL and TOR  Wink Grin
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 06:37:20 AM »

I would sign Rainey before if sign Solly. We don?t NEED solly at will, it?s a nice to have, we NEED a binaries threat at the returner position. Rainey will lay you back much more than solly would , and whatever the case, our biggest need is at WR, who cares solly is going to be released, we told JSK to walk for $140 k, and no way solly plays for that

Rainey is with the Argos. 😂
blue_or_die

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 01:07:25 PM »

Yeah, Solly would be a nice luxury and would put our D to elite level. However, all my emotional energy is focused on concern over the the receiving unit. I'd prefer to have balance between O and D. The D should be very good as it is. Of course as others have said, we are basically tethered to hope and wait-and-see with receivers, whether it's that a proven elite guy in the NFL shakes loose and comes back, or that we have magically unearthed the next coming (which we have yet to prove we can do).

If the team announced that we came to terms with Elimimian tomorrow morning though for a fair deal I can't say that I wouldn't be pretty thrilled and suddenly become a cheerleader. lol.
theaardvark

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »

Team 100 reunited would be interesting, but unless every team in the league lowballs Solly, its not going to happen.  I'd bet he holds out a little, maybe even into the season and waits for injury.  Its not like he doesn't have a lot to do with his CFLPA duties, and now they will have a very interesting guy on the negotiating team, someone just cut thanks to the CFL's ability to cut players at any time.  Great argument for guaranteed contracts.  Just not going to happen, though, although they might get some new "cut windows" put in place to stop teams from doing what happened to solly and have him miss out on the FA frenzy...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2019, 01:39:25 PM »

I agree Bombers need a receiver as a priority.
But I have. Given up on the Bombers "plan"

They really don't have one.
Sure drink the cool aide and believe the PR.

But comparing what other teams seem to do, the Bombers can't compete on that field,either.
I don't see much leadership here. Based in the past it looks like the Bombers Will be middle of the pack......again.
Same old, same old. actually it's a very boring team.

After many years as a. Season ticket holder,, I will stay home and watch on TV.
Horseman

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2019, 03:58:24 PM »

But comparing what other teams seem to do, the Bombers can't compete on that field,either.
I don't see much leadership here. Based in the past it looks like the Bombers Will be middle of the pack......again.

Ditto.
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 04:41:42 PM »

Wow... have you WATCHED a Bomber game in the last few years?  3 winning seasons in a row, highest scoring team in the league last year even with starting a rookie at QB for 4 games and having PR/KR by committee... 

If you can't have fun watching this team play at IGF, yeah, keep your miserable butt at home, we'll all enjoy it more Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Mike

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »

Wow... have you WATCHED a Bomber game in the last few years?  3 winning seasons in a row, highest scoring team in the league last year even with starting a rookie at QB for 4 games and having PR/KR by committee... 

If you can't have fun watching this team play at IGF, yeah, keep your miserable butt at home, we'll all enjoy it more Wink

Just wondering what this has to do with anything. I agree with the general premise of what you said but was there some new rule last year where you get bonus touchdowns for using the same returner repeatedly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: