Blue Bombers Forum
July 20, 2019, 07:53:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers shopping fourth, fifth overall picks in 2019 CFL draft  (Read 3285 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2019, 09:20:49 PM »

Only 8 teams picking in the 1st rd and with no consistent concensus on who those top 8 prospects are. Potential starters like Maleek Irons, Brady Oliveira, Alex Fontana, and even Johnathon Kongbo to name a few that could end up going outside the 1st rd. Those are not ?value picks?.

Trust me, if there is a year to trade down, this is the year. And if you listened to any recent CFL podcasts lately, you?d realize I?m not the only one with this opinion.

So, you think 3 2rd rounders are going to net you a better set of prospects than 2 first rounders?  Yes, it is a deep draft, and players may fall through the cracks.  But you have 2 firsts and a 2nd in hand, and you can take the guys on the top of YOUR list, not wait and hope your guys fall through.  If we needed to restock 12 NAT spots, sure, go for volume.  But we don't.  If we got 3 prime players this draft we might be hard pressed to find them spots not on the PR.  We can protect them through training camp, but once the rosters get cut down, we WILL lose players.  I'd much rather have our 3 absolute top guys from the draft list, rather than a bunch of flyers...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 02:38:08 AM »

interesting points and good debate!

looking forward to camp

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Waffler

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 12:05:44 PM »

To me announcing you are shopping your picks serves the sole purpose of creating a bidding war.  If no one gives us "too much" we end up keeping the picks.   

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 12:28:03 PM »

To me announcing you are shopping your picks serves the sole purpose of creating a bidding war.  If no one gives us "too much" we end up keeping the picks.  

Not so much a bidding war, but if the first three picks have been called and teams picking behind us see a guy fall that they were looking at, they know that Walters is ready to deal. Walters can then decide if his guy is still there, or will be there in another pick or round.

I think it's just creating options.

My wife is amazing!
GCn18

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »

Announcing we are shopping our picks is information intended for the fans and current NAT players. The GMs around the league won't find out about this from a press release, they knew before we did. It's simply the Bombers letting us and their current NAT players know that they are quite happy with what we've got and that we are willing to move a pick or two if opportunity presents.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »

So, BC has no picks in 1st & 2nd Round. Their earliest pick is at 24th (3rd round).

They might want to get back to the first round but what can they give to us? 
Jesse

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 04:03:40 PM »

So, BC has no picks in 1st & 2nd Round. Their earliest pick is at 24th (3rd round).

They might want to get back to the first round but what can they give to us? 

I'll take Bryan Burnham please.

My wife is amazing!
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 04:06:05 PM »

He's the only worthy player on their roster. They wont be giving him up though since he will be Reilly's primary receiver.
theaardvark

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »

He's the only worthy player on their roster. They wont be giving him up though since he will be Reilly's primary receiver.

Getting Burnham in return for a first rounder would be great, depending on his contract value and length...  but I don't think either GM makes that deal...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 06:14:42 PM »

We are allowed to dream, dammit!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: