Blue Bombers Forum
April 24, 2019, 08:14:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers shopping fourth, fifth overall picks in 2019 CFL draft  (Read 2082 times)
booch

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »

no way we are near the cap....and like others said...no reason to have to work 2 contracts most likely pushing 90 to 100k in SMS use to guys who will have most likely little to no impact on the roster other than filler/development.

And it's not like we have a glaring need anywhere that "needs" to be addressed pronto...hopefully we can get another one of the stud receivers in this draft to develop as depth and possibly a futures type pick..which I realistically see us doing...
kkc60

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

This class is deep so more 2nd and 3rd rounders is good. Its risky though to move a first for first swap like we did last year with BC though. You could wind up moving down 4 or 5 spots in the first round next year just to move up a couple in the second round
kkc60

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »

IF KW can?t get a deal done here?s my suggestion...

4th pick - Evan Machibroda - arguably the best DT in the draft and is going back to school to finish his last year of engineering. He can talk shop with Geoff Gray Wink

5th pick - Michael O?Connor - you have to pay a backup QB anyway, so why not grab a Canadian QB that shows potential to be a starter one day.

2nd rd - Alex Fontana

3rd rd - Oliveira ...or Receiver

4th & on - BPA

I'd go Robbie Smith and Lenius-Dickey if possible. O'Conner is intriguing but I'm not sure if paying him a first round salary is worth it. Lenius-Dickey isn't a need but as a FB, Slot Receiver or Tight End, he offers a lot. Keep in mind we don't have a true offensive fullback on roster and Couture, our "Tight End" is most likely our starting centre
blue_or_die

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 06:24:41 PM »

The point made on 3DN on cap space is entirely speculative and, IMO, not rooted in reality. I would take that speculation with a molecule of NaCl.
Jesse

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »

The point made on 3DN on cap space is entirely speculative and, IMO, not rooted in reality. I would take that speculation with a molecule of NaCl.

Boooooooo.

My wife is amazing!
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 06:38:47 PM »

IF KW can?t get a deal done here?s my suggestion...

4th pick - Evan Machibroda - arguably the best DT in the draft and is going back to school to finish his last year of engineering. He can talk shop with Geoff Gray Wink

5th pick - Michael O?Connor - you have to pay a backup QB anyway, so why not grab a Canadian QB that shows potential to be a starter one day.

2nd rd - Alex Fontana

3rd rd - Oliveira ...or Receiver

4th & on - BPA

Not sure why anyone would pick a Nat QB, the roster spot is irrelevant to ratio at the moment.  And using up a first round DP for one...

Fontana probably isn't around in the secnd round.  Or Oliviera in the third...

But other than that, pretty solid post Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »

Boooooooo.

Scientists gon' science.
theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »

Molecule?  I'm thinking more like a decigram or NaCl...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 10:18:44 PM »

Molecule?  I'm thinking more like a decigram or NaCl...

Molecule is smaller Wink

But I digress.
Fire101

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 10:30:01 PM »

Bombers still need to draft one offensive lineman to offset the loss of Chungh, and Goosen. In addition I don't think there cap issue is as serious as the 3DownNation is reporting, they saved money by not signing Dressler, Loffler, Jovan-Santos, and they also lost Chungh and Goosen.

If the league reduces the number of National starters to 5 it's going to cause a firestorm.
This is the Canadian Football League, IMO no changes to the number of Nationals.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:52:54 PM by Fire101 » Logged
Nic16

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 12:09:42 AM »

I'd go Robbie Smith and Lenius-Dickey if possible. O'Conner is intriguing but I'm not sure if paying him a first round salary is worth it. Lenius-Dickey isn't a need but as a FB, Slot Receiver or Tight End, he offers a lot. Keep in mind we don't have a true offensive fullback on roster and Couture, our "Tight End" is most likely our starting centre

I like both players, but the question is...how does picking them both in the 1st rd save on SMS??
Nic16

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 12:23:25 AM »

Not sure why anyone would pick a Nat QB, the roster spot is irrelevant to ratio at the moment.  And using up a first round DP for one...

Fontana probably isn't around in the secnd round.  Or Oliviera in the third...

But other than that, pretty solid post Wink

O?Connor is a legit top 20 pick and a potential CFL QB...ratio or no ratio advantage.

Fontana could go anywhere in the top 15, and Olivera between 15-25 according to the latest mocks I have seen.

That said, it sounds like you?re more informed so let?s see an Aards mock draft😉

theaardvark

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »

Molecule is smaller Wink

But I digress.

I know... LOTS of salt needed... not little...

kkc60

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 03:14:34 AM »

I like both players, but the question is...how does picking them both in the 1st rd save on SMS??
How does taking anyone save cap? It doesn't. We can't be as tight on the cap as 3DN suggests.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 05:47:47 AM »

You guys are all correct... WPG is soooo under the cap it isn't even funny.  We are rolling in SMS space.  If we are indeed close to the cap, then BC and EDM must be like over by double!

KW keeping his powder dry for that big WR that's a-comin'.  Maybe his trick now is the DP trade for some huge name?  Could be...

Also, what's this talk of reducing NAT count to 5?  That's crazy talk.  NAT is fine where it is.  Reduce it and what exactly is the point of the CFL?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: