Blue Bombers Forum
August 25, 2019, 06:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Ryan back in the CFL with the Riders  (Read 4156 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 12:36:33 PM »

I honestly don't pay that much attention to others teams punters but isn't Bartel pretty good?
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »

Jon Ryan works out for Saskatchewan Roughriders

Regina-born punter Jon Ryan participated in two workouts with the Saskatchewan Roughriders at a free-agent camp Sunday in Vero Beach, Fla...........

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/jon-ryan-works-out-for-saskatchewan-roughriders

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »

Jon Ryan works out for Saskatchewan Roughriders

Regina-born punter Jon Ryan participated in two workouts with the Saskatchewan Roughriders at a free-agent camp Sunday in Vero Beach, Fla...........

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/jon-ryan-works-out-for-saskatchewan-roughriders

I believe he will also be attending an Argo tryout camp.
GCn18

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 05:09:37 PM »

I honestly don't pay that much attention to others teams punters but isn't Bartel pretty good?

Yes, he is....and he's gotten a ton of work the past few years. This would be a kind of lateral move imo.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn18

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 05:10:44 PM »

Which is exactly why he'll probably end up in the CFL again. I'd say he's still got a few seasons left in him.

He's a pretty athletic guy for a kicker, so yea...I agree.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 05:51:54 PM »

In the following interview it sounds like Ryan just wants to play football as long as he can and doesn't care where it happens, he may well play into his mid 40's.  He mentions 3 or 4 other CFL teams being interested in addition to the Riders and Argos.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ts5ba-ad4c07#.XKrsqtZYZl8.twitter
theaardvark

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 06:37:00 PM »

Will sell a few jerseys and seats for whoever signs him and might divert some eyes from south of the border...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »

If I made it big and got to play in the NFL and retire in my late 30s a millionaire, and played the least physical position in the game, I would say hellz yeah to living in my home town and playing for the team I cheered for growing up.

It would be a fantastic story. Do not confuse my message- Riders still suck, obvs.
GCn18

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 01:48:51 PM »

Will sell a few jerseys and seats for whoever signs him and might divert some eyes from south of the border...

He'll do more than that. I realize you weren't a Bomber fan yet when Ryan was in the CFL, but he is a top notch punter. When he was here before he was easily the best punter I had ever seen, and I watched Bobby Cameron for 20 years.

bluengold204

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »

He'll do more than that. I realize you weren't a Bomber fan yet when Ryan was in the CFL, but he is a top notch punter. When he was here before he was easily the best punter I had ever seen, and I watched Bobby Cameron for 20 years.

Really people get that excited for a punter?
GCn18

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 02:14:00 PM »

As excited as one gets for a punter. True they are not 1000 yard receivers, or QBs, but their work has an immense impact on every game. Whoever signs him is getting a very good ST player. He won't sell jerseys or put bums in the seat directly, but his contribution will help his team have a better chance to win....and winning sells jerseys and puts bums in seats.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:16:12 PM by GCn18 » Logged

BlueInCgy

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »

I remember Ryan absolutely crushing a couple of 70(ish) yard punts, and not all were wind assisted.  So, yeah, as excited as you can get about a punter, he would be the one you'd get excited for.

As to what he can do today, who knows, but pretty sure he can still beat someone out for a job.
GCn18

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 03:39:16 PM »

I have zero doubt he can beat someone out for a job in the CFL. The questions will be SMS/age and whether any teams want to part with a younger kicker to make room for him.

Jesse

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 03:58:51 PM »

During the two years Ryan was here, he was literally the only reason fans would get out of their seats to applaud.

My wife is amazing!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 04:36:10 PM »

During the two years Ryan was here, he was literally the only reason fans would get out of their seats to applaud.

How else did he get so good at punting?!?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: