Blue Bombers Forum
July 05, 2020, 09:32:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Touchdown Atlantic Game  (Read 1784 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: March 29, 2019, 04:20:41 PM »

CFL Headlines
‏ @CFL_Headlines
2h2 hours ago

Argonauts to take on Alouettes in Moncton: MONCTON, N.B. ? Once again, Moncton, N.B. will be hosting the CFL. The league announced Friday it will be holding the 2019 Touchdown Atlantic game Aug. 25 between the Toronto Argonauts and Montreal Alouettes... https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/argonauts-to-take-on-alouettes-in-moncton?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter ? via @TheTorontoSun

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 05:14:09 PM »

Congrats Moncton- you get to host the Toilet Bowl!

lol, j/k. This obviously makes a lot of sense with the talks this year of the Atlantic Schooners, and throw in the atrociousness of the Als and Argos performance and attendance, and you have a no-brainer.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:57:48 PM »

lol, j/k. This obviously makes a lot of sense with the talks this year of the Atlantic Schooners, and throw in the atrociousness of the Als and Argos performance and attendance, and you have a no-brainer.

I don't know. It would seem seeing the top teams might attract more interest than the bottom teams.

Either way I'm not sure what it will take to get that franchise in NS. Would love to have a team there in a few years. I've lost track of whether they've agreed to build a stadium yet?

No more excuses.
Fire101
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 08:17:05 PM »

They got a website now

http://www.schooners.ca/
Jesse

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 02:52:11 AM »

I don't know. It would seem seeing the top teams might attract more interest than the bottom teams.

Either way I'm not sure what it will take to get that franchise in NS. Would love to have a team there in a few years. I've lost track of whether they've agreed to build a stadium yet?

They?ve never been anywhere close to building a stadium.

That?s what it would take to get a team there, but no one wants to pay for it.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 05:03:07 AM »

Hehe... it's actually perfect because you'll have two evenly matched teams: both bad!  So it actually might be a good game.

As for attendance... I bet they get more people to show up than the average @TOR game!  If they moved all their games to Moncton they'd probably do better financially   Wink Wink Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
Seebass

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »

They promised an anouncement on a new stadium on July 1st. They have a land picked out and are making plans. It will of course fall to funding for the building but they are not in a rush. The hope right now is for the team to start in 2021 and at the first few years in Moncton.
Fire101
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »

Looks like Ivor Wynne

https://3downnation.com/2019/03/30/atlantic-schooners-group-unveils-stadium-design/
Jesse

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 07:48:33 PM »

Th? new stadium plan actually looks feasible.

They?ve made a believer out of me.

My wife is amazing!
Fire101
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »

The new stadium plan actually looks feasible.

They've made a believer out of me.

It's not a thing of beauty, but IT IS feasible. 10th CFL franchise looking like a reality.
blue_or_die

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 11:37:42 PM »

I?d say it looks a bit more like Tim Hortons Field

blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 11:54:05 PM »

This is definitely good news and progress in the right direction. I am impressed with the creativity of they ownership group and their reasonable approach. We have seen too many times where these proposals dangle a fancy expensive fantasy and then finish with their palms open for someone else (taxpayer) to foot the bill. Selling this as a year round project for the community is smart, while offering the other half that makes it acceptable for pro football. Not as good as just paying for the whole thing outright obviously, but I will stick with reasonable and buyable by the public.

RebusRankin

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 12:31:49 AM »

Question remains can they convince the NS government and the city of Halifax to put up the remaining $ for the stadium?
Jesse

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 04:16:51 PM »

Question remains can they convince the NS government and the city of Halifax to put up the remaining $ for the stadium?

A good chance of it with the reduced ask and the increased community use.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: