Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2020, 01:39:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: AAF - May Discontinue Remainder of Season [UPDATE - Ceases Operations]  (Read 18424 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2019, 01:43:26 PM »

the article didn't say who made the determination or the restriction so I'm not sure how that came about, if it was the league or their creditors... but no, I've never seen or heard of such before...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »

the article didn't say who made the determination or the restriction so I'm not sure how that came about, if it was the league or their creditors... but no, I've never seen or heard of such before...

Yeah it's strange alright. Even NDA's or Non Compete clauses don't always hold up when employees leave companies.

I assume there will be some CFL interest in players and vice versa. So I'm not sure how soon this will come to a head.

I mentioned Ciante Evans as the most probable player that would want to return to the CFL. OTOH he was a late addition to an AAF team and may have had a different kind of contract. I wonder how the CFL views this since they didn't have any agreements with the AAF.

For players that don't have any interest in the CFL then no harm no foul I suppose.

EDIT: We signed Boynton recently. He was in the AAF at one point but I don't know whether he was still in the league at the end? He still shows on the Memphis Express roster for whatever that's worth.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:18:24 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2019, 05:28:18 AM »

Does Mike Riley know anything about hockey?  Like coaching player vs opposition accountability!
Fire101
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »

CFL doesn't have to worry about signing AAF players anymore, because AAF just filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.tsn.ca/aaf-out-of-business-files-for-bankruptcy-1.1292162

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/17/alliance-american-football-files-bankruptcy
ichabod_crane

« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2019, 11:30:05 PM »

CFL doesn't have to worry about signing AAF players anymore, because AAF just filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.tsn.ca/aaf-out-of-business-files-for-bankruptcy-1.1292162

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/17/alliance-american-football-files-bankruptcy

Not sure if anyone noticed this in the SI article at the end:

"While the AAF reportedly won?t allow its former players to play in the Canadian Football League, the league authorized its players to sign with NFL teams."

Not sure how they could ever enforce this as that could prevent some players from earning a living. A totally ridiculous   claim I think. Does anyone know of any AAF players being signed in the CFL yet though? I know almost all CFL teams juggled their negotiation lists immediately after the AAF folded.
Jesse

« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2019, 01:42:49 AM »

Not sure if anyone noticed this in the SI article at the end:

"While the AAF reportedly won?t allow its former players to play in the Canadian Football League, the league authorized its players to sign with NFL teams."

Not sure how they could ever enforce this as that could prevent some players from earning a living. A totally ridiculous   claim I think. Does anyone know of any AAF players being signed in the CFL yet though? I know almost all CFL teams juggled their negotiation lists immediately after the AAF folded.

This is over, they're allowed now. We had some former AAF guys at our mini camp.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: