Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2020, 01:27:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: AAF - May Discontinue Remainder of Season [UPDATE - Ceases Operations]  (Read 18423 times)
GCn19

« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »

LOL!  that, my friend, is absolutely right! and yes, due to previous commitments not being followed through on put them in a place of taking what was available...  so yes, Ebersol and Polion need to own their share of responsibility by deciding Dundon was the man to 'get in bed with'...

He was the last girl in the bar at closing time. It was him or nobody.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2019, 12:47:26 PM »

well if that's the standard... you have to wonder how soon he shut down the Carolina Hurricanes... I mean after all according to Forbes, he bought 61% of the Hurricanes in 2018 for $420M, 13.5% more than the what team's value was at the time and almost 4 times it's annual revenue for a team that has posted substantial losses for 9 of the last 10 years, including 2018... during those last 10 years the Hurricanes have lost over $70M... almost 40% of the team's valuation stems from the league revenue that is shared by all teams... $62M in player cost per year, god knows what operational expense is, with gate revenue of only $24M... talk about a loser...  that light at the end of that tunnel, that's a train my friend...

I have zero doubt he bought Carolina with the intention of moving them eventually.

GCn19

« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2019, 12:50:25 PM »

If there was an understanding, a contract, that ceded ownership of the App to Dundon in exchange for his investment, then its his, and legal.  Limited companies are designed to limit investors exposure, and bankruptcy usually leaves the investors free from responsibility.  Companies can sell assets at any time, so selling him the rights to the App for his investment would not be unreasonable.   

I think that some are confusing illegal with immoral. Dundon is a vulcher, but what he did is totally within his right.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2019, 02:17:34 PM »

He was the last girl in the bar at closing time. It was him or nobody.

and you know this.... how?

I have zero doubt he bought Carolina with the intention of moving them eventually.

the only dogs bigger in the NHL are teams that moved as of late, from what I can tell... not a hockey fan...

I think that some are confusing illegal with immoral. Dundon is a vulcher, but what he did is totally within his right.

yet multiple media sources are claiming it may in fact be illegal...   who to believe... such a conundrum...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
theaardvark

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »

In the era of Trump... illegal, immorral, who cares, just do it and buy your way out of it later...   and it is vulture

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »

and you know this.... how?

I know this because they went with Dundon. This guy has a reputation of doing exactly what he did. If they had other options they would have taken them or bought Dundon out and the league would still be going. I'm not in the meeting rooms but it is fairly obvious this was the last resort.

the only dogs bigger in the NHL are teams that moved as of late, from what I can tell... not a hockey fan...

yet multiple media sources are claiming it may in fact be illegal...   who to believe... such a conundrum...

Definitely not the media that's for sure. You could pass the hat around these guys and the worth of their legal opinions wouldn't buy you a cup of coffee. There is absolutely nothing illegal about what Dundon did. He didn't buy the league and immediately fold it under. He took 70 million in losses first. There is no court in the land that would call 70 million in losses a purchase in bad faith. Dundon knew what it would take to make that perception go away.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 03:44:44 PM by GCn18 » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2019, 03:45:32 PM »

In the era of Trump... illegal, immorral, who cares, just do it and buy your way out of it later...   and it is vulture

Yes Vulture. Thank you.

swansong

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2019, 04:15:04 PM »

In the era of Trump... illegal, immorral, who cares, just do it and buy your way out of it later...   and it is vulture

Uh huh, because, you know, politicians never did illegal or immoral things prior to Trump. Kennedy never cheated on his wife...Watergate never happened...Reagan never ran drugs to fund the Contras...Clinton never dipped his cigar...Obama never murdered civilians during drone strikes...Bush never murdered 100s of 1000s of people through sanctions and illegal wars of conquest. Nope. It all started with Trump.

To be clear I am no fan of Trump but the disconnect with people is bizarre.

And it's immoral.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:51:01 PM by swansong » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2019, 05:49:17 PM »

Aside from neg list changes there has been very little news about players finding new opportunities. I know it's early days but I'm curious to see who or how many end up where.

Too bad we won't even find out who got added or deleted from our neg list.

EDIT: Found this news so far.

Former AAF players to sign with an NFL team so far:
* CB Keith Reaser: Chiefs
* WR Rashad Ross: Panthers
* QB Garrett Gilbert: Browns
* DB Duke Thomas: Vikings
* DB DeVante Bausby: Broncos
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:51:36 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2019, 01:02:10 AM »

I think the big difference between what is being suggested in this scenario and what typically happens in other similar deals is, when other businesses then subsequently closes or broken up and sold off is that all parties share in the revenue from the sale off... what I feel is being suggested is that Dundon thinks that since he was primarily shareholder that he does have the power to shut it down, which he does, but he can't cherry pick what assets he wants for himself and walk away from the rest... now if he wanted to close the doors forever, sell off everything, pay off all creditors, and then split whatever is left by percentage of ownership... that would be fine as well as legal...

I'm not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'm no expert, but... this isn't twitter post or other social media saying this and if The Sporting News, and other similar credible sources, are saying that it might be illegal, I'm going to believe that they may be correct... but that's just me, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it no matter how it shakes out...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2019, 01:03:03 AM »

Aside from neg list changes there has been very little news about players finding new opportunities. I know it's early days but I'm curious to see who or how many end up where.

Too bad we won't even find out who got added or deleted from our neg list.

EDIT: Found this news so far.

Former AAF players to sign with an NFL team so far:
* CB Keith Reaser: Chiefs
* WR Rashad Ross: Panthers
* QB Garrett Gilbert: Browns
* DB Duke Thomas: Vikings
* DB DeVante Bausby: Broncos

thanks for the update!  still not a fan of the secretive negotiation list, lol...

Blue In BC

« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »

thanks for the update!  still not a fan of the secretive negotiation list, lol...

There have been about a dozen AAF players now signed by NFL teams. Google AAF and there is a new list as signings are made.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiVqbKnq7zhAhXOsJ4KHV88BbgQ0PADMAF6BAgCEAk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%2F0ap3000001025407%2Farticle%2Fchiefs-sign-cornerback-keith-reaser-of-aafs-apollos&usg=AOvVaw0IcJmcuj6PDzS4TQmCwHHu
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:47:30 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »

Uh huh, because, you know, politicians never did illegal or immoral things prior to Trump. Kennedy never cheated on his wife...Watergate never happened...Reagan never ran drugs to fund the Contras...Clinton never dipped his cigar...Obama never murdered civilians during drone strikes...Bush never murdered 100s of 1000s of people through sanctions and illegal wars of conquest. Nope. It all started with Trump.

To be clear I am no fan of Trump but the disconnect with people is bizarre.

And it's immoral.

The key is Trump does it in public and unapologetically, with malice of forethought and disregard for people he doesn't like or those that can't further his agenda.  He has legitimized the terms "alternate facts" and "fake news".  Yes, politicians do bad things as well as good, but few do as bad things as often without remorse and claim they are vindicated in doing them...

and yes, immoral..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2019, 03:40:00 AM »

Please keep the discussion out of the political realm, as per the rules here.  Thanks.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
buckzumhoff

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2019, 12:10:33 PM »

Who ever cashed out early in that league shouldn't be in business. They had a plan they knew they weren't going to make money the first year. They let alot of good players down. The league was also good for the CFL. Kept players playing .the NFL should have gotten involved and put some cash in just to cover losses.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: