Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2020, 11:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 34730 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »

IG Field was designed to be multisport, not dedicated just to the football team.  The field is greem, 100%. All the markings are painted on, as it it was a grass field.  They can switch from CFL to soccer, to NFL...

They are having to add in NFL goal post moorings, which is an easy fix.  Now, getting NFL goalposts, that might cast a little...

that's cool then, our school doesn't offer soccer so it's a non issue for us... other schools that do have both sports have merely added both the football and soccer field markings required on the field making it interchangeable by just adding the soccer goals...

generally, small schools like ours don't have much interest in soccer and the bigger schools that due have separate fields generally... we are the 5th largest class of high schools out a possible of 6 size classification in terms of enrollment... we maintain about a 125 kid average per grade level...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
peg_city

« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »

Saw on twitter that only 6000 tickets have been sold...discounts coming up..

I just did an estimate I have between 12000-13000 seats sold, not including the boxes. Not that that is good, but it's different that 6000.

I won't be surprised if they offer 2 for 1 on the lower bowl and give corporate the rest.
Stretch

« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2019, 08:38:24 PM »

My wild guess regarding the ticket pricing is this: The NFL figures that they would make $X million US in ticket sales if the game was in Oakland so they're still trying to meet that goal despite 1) the fact that the capacity at IGF is about half and 2) the weak Canadian dollar.

And I agree that pretty soon we'll be seeing deals like "buy a Big Mac and get two free tickets".

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_or_die

« Reply #318 on: July 07, 2019, 08:48:02 PM »

Well, if they do drop the prices and don't refund the difference to people who already bought tickets, there's going to be a lot of really miffed fans, like the STH who bought early.  Like me (with my pop's ST)

Well, that definitely won't happen.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
peg_city

« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »

Well, that definitely won't happen.

For people who bought tickets, it feels like the carnival is in town and it is trying swindle as many people as possible before they leave town, never to return.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2019, 11:48:59 PM »

Tickets are goingvto be more expensive. Its the NFL. I dont think tickets should be higher than 200 but.  People pay 200 to go watch the Jets. And they play 40 home games. 3-4 grand a year per seat . I still might go . surprised they havent sold more. It will be an event. More than just a pre season game in my opinion.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2019, 05:57:05 AM »

What happens if they declare they didn't sell enough tickets and just cancel the game?  Do ticket holders get a refund then?  Or is that what the "ticket insurance" TM is always pushing is for?  Boy, I'd be really miffed if the cancelled and I just lose the $X00 I spent on tix for pop & I.

Never go full Rider!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »

What happens if they declare they didn't sell enough tickets and just cancel the game?  Do ticket holders get a refund then?  Or is that what the "ticket insurance" TM is always pushing is for?  Boy, I'd be really miffed if the cancelled and I just lose the $X00 I spent on tix for pop & I.

If they cancel the event the money would be refunded. Ticket insurance is for if you can't make the event for a bunch of specified reasons, (illness, plane delays, etc.) you'll be reimbursed for the price of your tickets.
Donny C

« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2019, 07:00:42 PM »

Saw on twitter that only 6000 tickets have been sold...discounts coming up..

Is the discount part speculation or part of the tweet?
Donny C

« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2019, 07:04:47 PM »

Well, if they do drop the prices and don't refund the difference to people who already bought tickets, there's going to be a lot of really miffed fans, like the STH who bought early.  Like me (with my pop's ST).

I have a better idea, why not subdivide all the poor-selling sections into upper/lower and drop the price of the upper (leave the lower seats price as-is).  For instance, section 229 you make above row 15 half price (or whatever).  Anyone who bought upper seats already gets refunded the difference.  Most of the more expensive sections have most of their seats sold in the lower areas.

Even for normal Bomber games I always thought it really dumb the gold-colored nose-bleed 4(ish) rows (like row 25+) are the same price as row 9.

You must have been looking earlier when the Club seats weren't yet listed. Look again, almost all sections are not near to sold out: https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/110056BCE5604DAF
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 07:08:27 PM by Donny C » Logged
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2019, 11:41:09 PM »

Is the discount part speculation or part of the tweet?

That was just speculation
Donny C

« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2019, 02:44:09 PM »

I think it has a good chance. It will draw in a lot of locals that drool over anything that is NFL, and the low Canadian dollar could possibly attract some fans from the northern US.

Maybe it's time to review this.
Donny C

« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:09 PM »

Im absolutely stoked to see this in Winnipeg. I went to Green Bay to see them play once and it was unreal. The NFL experience is like no other.. at least in that market anyways. This time we;ll be able to tailgate with our packers stuff on. This game is goin to sell out so fast. Id assume they would get the temp seats in both ends too. There is no way they are not selling this out fast.

Roll Eyes
Donny C

« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »

I wonder is Sask saw the ticket prices and thought, "Forget it." Even if we are making a profit it will be bad publicity if this is not a wild success."

Well, I probably wasn't out to lunch on this!
bwiser

« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »

Wow am I ever glad I didn't go to the game last night.I would have felt totally ripped off.None of the teams stars played and that 80 yard field was ridiculous.The CFL was the big winner last night when you can see first hand how the NFL is somewhat over rated
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  

Jump to: