Blue Bombers Forum
October 21, 2020, 11:52:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 36653 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2019, 09:59:51 PM »

Prices are crazy...just absolutely crazy.  I was originally so pissed that the Riders screwed up the chance for the game to be in Regina.  Been a lifetime Raiders fan...and Green Bay is my 2nd favorite team.  I've never seen Green Bay play ion person but I have gone to numerous Raider games. 

But with that...I would not buy tickets at that price...not for an exhibition game.  I may have tried for the cheap seats...

If you couldn't get me paying for prime seats...or close to prime seats....not sure how they expect other people to.
The cheap seats went first! I am in the same boat as  you there man. I am aHuge NFL fan and I would see Aaron Rogers in person in a heart beat and the Raiders are always a fun bunch especially with Chucky back at the helm.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:42:26 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2019, 10:38:02 PM »

Saw on twitter that only 6000 tickets have been sold...discounts coming up..
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #302 on: July 06, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »

Im absolutely stoked to see this in Winnipeg. I went to Green Bay to see them play once and it was unreal. The NFL experience is like no other.. at least in that market anyways. This time we;ll be able to tailgate with our packers stuff on. This game is goin to sell out so fast. Id assume they would get the temp seats in both ends too. There is no way they are not selling this out fast.

Care to change your mind on that bomber4life85?  Wink
bomb squad

« Reply #303 on: July 06, 2019, 09:30:35 PM »

They better do something soon, there's not a whole lot of time. It's going to have to be at least a 30% cut. In any case, a sell out appears out of the question at this point.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2019, 09:35:40 PM »

Id pay $20 to go see it
theaardvark

« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:49 PM »

If they dropped the price to the same as the sold out sections, they might sell some more...  flat fee, rush seating....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #306 on: July 06, 2019, 10:47:26 PM »

They will need to seriously slash prices if they hope to garner any significant bump in sales. $20 discount won?t convince many I assume.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bowlerdude

« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2019, 03:25:05 AM »

prices are insane for an NFL pre-season game. I was actually looking forward to this when it was announced and after seeing the prices... I'm not going unless there's big discounts coming
66 Chevelle

« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2019, 04:05:27 AM »

I thought it was awful bold for the NFL to want to come to Canada for a preseason game and then try and charge regular season pricing.  You can find preseason tickets for just about any game here for as little as $25... not from the team, but on the secondary market, but, that's because in the last few years the teams started making preseason tickets part of the season ticket package... STHs have to take/buy the preseason tickets whether they wanted them or not...

have they ever said what they are going to do about the field? are they just going to play 'as is'?  not that they couldn't, just isn't regulation per their own rules... it's going to be a real dog for them if they are going to spend any money for some type of conversion, if they do...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2019, 04:17:03 AM »

I thought it was awful bold for the NFL to want to come to Canada for a preseason game and then try and charge regular season pricing.  You can find preseason tickets for just about any game here for as little as $25... not from the team, but on the secondary market, but, that's because in the last few years the teams started making preseason tickets part of the season ticket package... STHs have to take/buy the preseason tickets whether they wanted them or not...

have they ever said what they are going to do about the field? are they just going to play 'as is'?  not that they couldn't, just isn't regulation per their own rules... it's going to be a real dog for them if they are going to spend any money for some type of conversion, if they do...

It will be an nfl sized field.  They mentioned that in the press conference. 
66 Chevelle

« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2019, 07:38:17 AM »

It will be an nfl sized field.  They mentioned that in the press conference. 

wow, so I assume that would include swapping out the turf and moving the goal post then... that won't be cheap!  I know that we, our city, was told that to replace our field's turf down the road that it would be about $500K - $600K...

that sounds like a lot but when you consider the cost to sod a field initially, and then the maintenance of the field for items such as replacement sod, fertilizer, weed and insect protection, water, marking supplies, cutting equipment, and labor cost to do all of the above that a turf field is actually cheaper to have than a natural grass field due to the life of a turf field.  the also claim that a turf field is safer to play on and fewer injuries occur.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2019, 09:25:49 AM »

Well, if they do drop the prices and don't refund the difference to people who already bought tickets, there's going to be a lot of really miffed fans, like the STH who bought early.  Like me (with my pop's ST).

I have a better idea, why not subdivide all the poor-selling sections into upper/lower and drop the price of the upper (leave the lower seats price as-is).  For instance, section 229 you make above row 15 half price (or whatever).  Anyone who bought upper seats already gets refunded the difference.  Most of the more expensive sections have most of their seats sold in the lower areas.

Even for normal Bomber games I always thought it really dumb the gold-colored nose-bleed 4(ish) rows (like row 25+) are the same price as row 9.

Never go full Rider!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2019, 12:29:29 PM »

wow, so I assume that would include swapping out the turf and moving the goal post then... that won't be cheap!  I know that we, our city, was told that to replace our field's turf down the road that it would be about $500K - $600K...

that sounds like a lot but when you consider the cost to sod a field initially, and then the maintenance of the field for items such as replacement sod, fertilizer, weed and insect protection, water, marking supplies, cutting equipment, and labor cost to do all of the above that a turf field is actually cheaper to have than a natural grass field due to the life of a turf field.  the also claim that a turf field is safer to play on and fewer injuries occur.

No need to swap out the turf...paint the lines and move the goalposts.  They convert the lines from football to soccer and back
66 Chevelle

« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »

No need to swap out the turf...paint the lines and move the goalposts.  They convert the lines from football to soccer and back

then that turf must be something different than what we installed as our field markings are not painted on they are different colored material... I'm speaking to the hash marks, yard line indicators and boundary lines... as well as our mid field team logo and end zones which have our team name in each.

painting over them and then trying to restore them afterwards would be a nightmare, at best, and an impossibility at worse when thinking about what the field would look like once done...  I'm sure there are probably water borne paint that may create less of an issue though, admittedly I am not a turf designer or installer...

theaardvark

« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2019, 04:38:39 PM »

then that turf must be something different than what we installed as our field markings are not painted on they are different colored material... I'm speaking to the hash marks, yard line indicators and boundary lines... as well as our mid field team logo and end zones which have our team name in each.

painting over them and then trying to restore them afterwards would be a nightmare, at best, and an impossibility at worse when thinking about what the field would look like once done...  I'm sure there are probably water borne paint that may create less of an issue though, admittedly I am not a turf designer or installer...

IG Field was designed to be multisport, not dedicated just to the football team.  The field is greem, 100%. All the markings are painted on, as it it was a grass field.  They can switch from CFL to soccer, to NFL...

They are having to add in NFL goal post moorings, which is an easy fix.  Now, getting NFL goalposts, that might cast a little...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  

Jump to: