Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2020, 02:26:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 36704 times)
Donny C

« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »

No, for a CFL game at IG Field you have your regular seat. What you're talking about is a Personal Seat Licence, and that would never fly around here. Besides, if you want to dress anything like a Raiders fan you'd have to kick it up a few notches.

Yah, I suppose this does not make the cut:
Donny C

« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »

Based on the prices you have seen, will this game sell out?
blue_or_die

« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2019, 06:54:56 PM »

Looking great Donny.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Stretch

« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »

I think it has a good chance. It will draw in a lot of locals that drool over anything that is NFL, and the low Canadian dollar could possibly attract some fans from the northern US.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Donny C

« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »

Looking great Donny.

Thanks!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »

i would be surprised if it did...Rogers has said he is coming - how much will he play??  He is one of the best to play the game though so seeing him in person at IG Field is cool - is it worth it?

Pre-season anything including football can be really boring.  $400 a seat to see that is too steep for me.  If I am just paying for one seat maybe I can justify a $170 ticket - we shall see
theaardvark

« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2019, 07:17:17 PM »

Wow.. 8 tickets.  So, I guess there's not going to be a lot for sale on Sat...

Don't know why they couldn't let STH take thier seats first, say a 24 hour window, then open it up to VFC STH for another day, and then this open season 8 ticket for those that did not want thier own seats starting on Friday at noon, and then open season on Sat... kinda sucks for guys like Donny and my buddy who have amazing seats but won't be allowed to sit in them...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2019, 07:27:48 PM »

There are still a ton of tickets. The only section sold out is the 80 dollar section which had very few tickets to begin with. There are a ton of first row seats still available. Almost all of them are, right now.
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2019, 07:28:15 PM »

Wow.. 8 tickets.  So, I guess there's not going to be a lot for sale on Sat...

Don't know why they couldn't let STH take thier seats first, say a 24 hour window, then open it up to VFC STH for another day, and then this open season 8 ticket for those that did not want thier own seats starting on Friday at noon, and then open season on Sat... kinda sucks for guys like Donny and my buddy who have amazing seats but won't be allowed to sit in them...

There are still probably 30,000 plus tickets available right now. Where do you sit? You can't tell me that you can't find a similar or even better seat right now. LITERALLY EVERY SEAT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW
Buck

« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »

If you want to go, pay the money.  If not, then don't.  The Bombers didn't set the ticket prices, nor could they hold anyone's seats.  I sit in the lower bowl for my season tickets but bought an upper deck for the NFL game because that's all I was willing to spend.  Am I upset that I am not going to be in "MY" seats for a game, no.  Like somebody else said, you don't OWN that seat.  If there is a concert at the stadium do you expect to get your STH seat as well? 
Bluehawk

« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »

Season ticket holder for many years and was looking forward to seeing this game.  There is ZERO chance of me paying 330 for my seat to watch Rodgers play likely one quarter of football.  Absolutely ludicrous pricing but if the market will pay I suppose why not.  If anyone wants some tickets before the public sale let me know....lol...no rush as there are many available.

I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....
peg_city

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2019, 07:45:05 PM »

I got mine (cheapest ones). Looking forward to it and to see how much interest (or lack there of) there is going to be on Friday. The Promocode has been leaked everywhere. i?m Surprised there are still so many tickets left.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2019, 07:50:54 PM »

I got mine (cheapest ones). Looking forward to it and to see how much interest (or lack there of) there is going to be on Friday. The Promocode has been leaked everywhere. i?m Surprised there are still so many tickets left.

I think they're just priced a bit too high. I look at it like I'll probably never get a chance to see an NFL game in Winnipeg again so it's worth it for that alone but it is pre-season and that can be kind of dreadful at times. It's the "good" pre-season week but still. I can see why some people would pass, you can do a lot with $400.
peg_city

« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2019, 07:54:26 PM »

I think they're just priced a bit too high. I look at it like I'll probably never get a chance to see an NFL game in Winnipeg again so it's worth it for that alone but it is pre-season and that can be kind of dreadful at times. It's the "good" pre-season week but still. I can see why some people would pass, you can do a lot with $400.

The $100 I paid is basically the price of a Jets game, so no regrets
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »

Thats about the going rate in the stadiums i have  checked. This is canadian dollars so not too bad. Id pay in the 150-200 range. To go to a game and travel. Would cost alot more. Do season ticket holders get first crack at the tickets.?

Not even close.  For the exhibition game in Minny vs. Seattle, end zone seats are selling for $65 (not resale which are actually lower).  Here those seats are $280.  Sideline seats in Minny near centre field are $165, here they will be $325 or $375.  Upper deck seats are $30 - $60.  Here , they are over $200.  

Why would people from Winnipeg pay those prices when Minneapolis is an easy drive to check out regular season games.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: