Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2020, 03:16:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 36719 times)
Donny C

« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2019, 09:06:28 PM »

Luckily my buddy's partner wants the tickets regardless price so I won't have to make that decision,  expect the price for his tickets (soon possibly to be partially mine) will be the same as yours...  if STH are offered first dibs, are you going to use them, pass, or buy and resell?  Anyone think there might be a lucrative secondary market for these duckets?  I can't see it, GC tickets were easily had for a discount...

I have a buddy who is buying 2 of my 3 season tickets for most of this year (as we have a 1-year-old so my wife and 4 year old will not come much).

Once the ticket price gets announced I am going to see if he wants to buy 2 of them.

I will likely buy my 1 (depending on price).

Where did you find Grey Cup tickets at a discount?
theaardvark

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:37 PM »

I have a buddy who is buying 2 of my 3 season tickets for most of this year (as we have a 1-year-old so my wife and 4 year old will not come much).

Once the ticket price gets announced I am going to see if he wants to buy 2 of them.

I will likely buy my 1 (depending on price).

Where did you find Grey Cup tickets at a discount?

Kijiji...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bomb squad

« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »

According to a tweet from Jeff Hamilton, average ticket price "will likely exceed $200".

I'll be very surprised if that doesn't come down by at least $50.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2019, 09:54:44 PM »

Jeff Hamilton
‏ @jeffkhamilton

Sources have confirmed the #Bombers will host the NFL pre-season game between Oakland and Green Bay on Thursday, Aug. 22. There is currently a Valour FC game that evening but work has been done to move it. Also, word is average ticket price will likely exceed $200. #wfp

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2019, 10:35:07 PM »

Jeff Hamilton
‏ @jeffkhamilton

Sources have confirmed the #Bombers will host the NFL pre-season game between Oakland and Green Bay on Thursday, Aug. 22. There is currently a Valour FC game that evening but work has been done to move it. Also, word is average ticket price will likely exceed $200. #wfp

classic NFL, over hyped, over priced, under deliver on value for the entertainment.  Hard pass.  I'll pay $20.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
buckzumhoff

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »

Thats about the going rate in the stadiums i have  checked. This is canadian dollars so not too bad. Id pay in the 150-200 range. To go to a game and travel. Would cost alot more. Do season ticket holders get first crack at the tickets.?
pjrocksmb

« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2019, 12:27:34 AM »

Thats about the going rate in the stadiums i have  checked. This is canadian dollars so not too bad. Id pay in the 150-200 range. To go to a game and travel. Would cost alot more. Do season ticket holders get first crack at the tickets.?

Hard to say, I hope so.  Seams fair.

sting

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2019, 01:08:20 AM »

Jeff Hamilton
‏ @jeffkhamilton

Real slap in the face from the Bombers to soccer fans. This shows the club could care less about the soccer club. Moving a regular season game for a meaningless exhibition football game from another league. Money over fans. This confirms to me they could care less about the soccer team. This is the second time they have screwed me on the soccer team. Getting real tired of how we are being taken for granted.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2019, 01:27:14 AM »

Real slap in the face from the Bombers to soccer fans. This shows the club could care less about the soccer club. Moving a regular season game for a meaningless exhibition football game from another league. Money over fans. This confirms to me they could care less about the soccer team. This is the second time they have screwed me on the soccer team. Getting real tired of how we are being taken for granted.

what happened 1st time?

this will help pay off the stadium that made soccer possible

RebusRankin

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2019, 01:50:49 AM »

$$$$$$$
sting

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2019, 02:01:33 AM »

what happened 1st time?

this will help pay off the stadium that made soccer possible
lol  The stadium will never be paid off. Loans will be forgiven. Soccer is being used to fill dates and with the hope of making the football club money.
sting

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2019, 02:20:27 AM »

It upsets me the Bombers could care less about the damage they could do to their players. They have scheduled Valour to now play the 17th and 19th. One day of rest for pro soccer players is simply crazy and dangerous. They would never do it to the football team.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2019, 03:09:20 AM »

Why would the Bombers dictate pricing at all? All of those decisions would come from the NFL. The Bombers don't set the pricing for concerts, NHL outdoor games, etc. They wouldn't have a say just because it's football. 

even if the Bombers do have the final say on ticket prices as the 'promoter', it won't be based as much on what they charge for Bomber games as much as it will be on what the NFL will be charging the Bombers to host the game...

it's common practice for these contracts to include a guaranteed payout to the association as they have their own costs and other considerations that need to be paid regardless of venue...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_or_die

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »

It upsets me the Bombers could care less about the damage they could do to their players. They have scheduled Valour to now play the 17th and 19th. One day of rest for pro soccer players is simply crazy and dangerous. They would never do it to the football team.

Contact vs. non-contact.

...Really?

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
kkc60

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2019, 03:01:47 PM »

Of course they wouldn't for football, that's a death wish. You're comparing apples to oranges
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: