Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2020, 02:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 36713 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2019, 12:53:06 PM »

I'll second that taxes aren't cheap. I was shocked that my house in Surrey's taxes were less than my much smaller house in River Heights were. Vancouver's taxes are way less than Calgary's too.

Winnipeg's a nice enough city, especially if you were born there like I was. It doesn't 'show well' to outsiders though. The forks, the park, the zoo, then out to the lake. Takes a weekend or so to do the whole thing. Gotta say, I'd never move back after living other places. Nothing in Winnipeg that you can't get in most other Canadian cities.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
dd

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »

Ya, but can at least laugh back at him as at least you ll own your home in your lifetime!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »

Hey, WPG isn't all that bad.  Sure, it's no MTL and no Vancouver, but it has its charms.  Especially if you actually like winter and summer (I do, vs Vanc's one season: rain).  Plus, those who give it a chance often come to like it as home.  Heck, we didn't even have any mosquitoes for the last 2 years!  (knock wood)

I don't think the objective would be to wow them over better places: no, just to make it so they've heard of the place and don't equate it to Fargo or something, like most most Americans might.

There, fixed it for you.  Unless you live in the North End, taxes here are nasty.  Mine are up 70% (between school tax and frontage rip-off factor) in 10 years.  My BC buddy with his $1.3M small home always laughs at me how his property tax is only $1k.

Vancouver has has more than one season:

1. It's raining.
2. It just finished raining
3. It's just about to rain.
4. It snowed for 10 minutes.

Smiley

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2019, 02:39:42 PM »

There, fixed it for you.  Unless you live in the North End, taxes here are nasty.  Mine are up 70% (between school tax and frontage rip-off factor) in 10 years.  My BC buddy with his $1.3M small home always laughs at me how his property tax is only $1k.

And how much would his $1.3mil home cost in WPG?  $200k? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »

And how much would his $1.3mil home cost in WPG?  $200k? 

Descrepencies aren't that bad. I have recently done this research due to a potential job move.

Wpg. has many homes under 400k some in nice areas, where as in Vancouver, Victoria a house under 400k doesn't really exist. In Wpg, we have 500k to 1mil houses in volume and in that range you can get a nice place in pretty well any area you choose. In Vancouver and Victoria 500k to 1mil will get you a place but not everywhere or as nice as what you can find here for that. Wpg. has many homes over 1mil. and most would be considered very nice houses, (yes location and land play a factor) in Van. and Vic. location plays a huge factor if you want close to downtown as an example you will be over 1 mil and could you pay 10-20 mil. Anyway as an example in a 1.2 mil house here in the burbs of Wpg with property taxes of over 10,000yr. a person could get almost as nice a place as long as they don't want to be in downtown Van. or Vic. for the same amount and end up saving as the taxes are less than half. The big problem in that market is the purchaser who only has a budget of 400k as an example those places just don't exist.
kkc60

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2019, 03:21:27 PM »

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB

Any CFL team that offers to host an NFL pre season game should have their franchise revoked.  And I might not just be kidding.

I wonder how Bob feels about the idea....
Disappointing. An NFL team in a CFL stadium for a game means nothing. Just like a concert. They aren't kicking out the CFL team, it's just an exhibition game.

Bob needs to learn to share
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:23:14 PM by kkc60 » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »

Descrepencies aren't that bad. I have recently done this research due to a potential job move.

Wpg. has many homes under 400k some in nice areas, where as in Vancouver, Victoria a house under 400k doesn't really exist. In Wpg, we have 500k to 1mil houses in volume and in that range you can get a nice place in pretty well any area you choose. In Vancouver and Victoria 500k to 1mil will get you a place but not everywhere or as nice as what you can find here for that. Wpg. has many homes over 1mil. and most would be considered very nice houses, (yes location and land play a factor) in Van. and Vic. location plays a huge factor if you want close to downtown as an example you will be over 1 mil and could you pay 10-20 mil. Anyway as an example in a 1.2 mil house here in the burbs of Wpg with property taxes of over 10,000yr. a person could get almost as nice a place as long as they don't want to be in downtown Van. or Vic. for the same amount and end up saving as the taxes are less than half. The big problem in that market is the purchaser who only has a budget of 400k as an example those places just don't exist.

I can pay $300 extra a month in taxes if my mortgage is $1200 less a month...  and I don't pay highway tolls, or excessive parking fees, and even everyday items are cheaper because retailers don't pay as much rent, etc...   Gas is $1.48/ltr, $1.52.9 at the co-op..

If you can find a job that makes up for the additional living expenses, great.  But saving a little on property tax isn't going to make a difference.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »

I can pay $300 extra a month in taxes if my mortgage is $1200 less a month...  and I don't pay highway tolls, or excessive parking fees, and even everyday items are cheaper because retailers don't pay as much rent, etc...   Gas is $1.48/ltr, $1.52.9 at the co-op..

If you can find a job that makes up for the additional living expenses, great.  But saving a little on property tax isn't going to make a difference.

Pros and cons to everything...just like our roster Cool
TBURGESS

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »

Anyone who thinks it's as cheap to live in Vancouver than it is to live in Winnipeg is fooling themselves.

The cheapest places to live aren't the same a best places to live and the most expensive places to live aren't always the best places to live.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Ridermania

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2019, 10:49:20 PM »

We were informed today by the promoter in writing and verbally that he chose not to pursue this event in the Regina market.

As such, there will not be an NFL event at Mosaic Stadium at this time.?

The promoter?s statement also ended all speculation about the game.

That could open the door for Winnipeg, which reportedly has interest in staging the game.

The CFL?s Blue Bombers are on the road that weekend, leaving Investors Group Field vacant.
In Motion

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »

I wouldnt go. I don't watch the NFL. My nephews (in their 20s) would possibly go.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2019, 10:52:22 PM »

Jeff Hamilton is reporting this is a near done deal!!
Sec223

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2019, 01:45:51 AM »

I don't go to Bomber exhibitions. Sure not going to one featuring 2 teams I don't follow NFL or not.
trapper

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2019, 02:55:07 AM »

Good on Winnipeg.  Wish it were in Regina.... $#@%@#$%
buckzumhoff

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »

Winnipeg only city to get the deal. Good. Two good teams coming to play, Get to see . Josh Jacobs.. Antonio Brown. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:11:13 AM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: