Blue Bombers Forum
June 02, 2020, 01:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 28356 times)
Stretch

« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2019, 03:09:44 PM »

Maybe it's time to review this.

Donny C puts on his hindsight is 20/20 glasses...  Wink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 03:15:57 PM by Stretch » Logged

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
theaardvark

« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »

I think everyone was stoked about it, until we heard the ticket prices, and then the likelihood anyone of import would play...

My Twitter campaign...

On Ice Entertainment was the promoter.  Every comment or story on this event should include the line "On Ice Entertainment was 100% responsible for this event, and should get full credit for it." On Ice Entertainment approved the field, set the pricing.  #BlameOnIceEntertainment

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Donny C

« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »

Donny C puts on his hindsight is 20/20 glasses...  Wink

Actually, not at all! Check out my other posts.
Stretch

« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »

Actually, not at all! Check out my other posts.

I was making light of your "told ya so" themed post. Chill man.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Donny C

« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

I was making light of your "told ya so" themed post. Chill man.

I'm pretty chill right now...I know tone doesn't come through on social.

I am glad that I was displeased at how they handled the pre-sale, otherwise, I would have dished out the $400+ and been very disappointed.
DM83

« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2019, 03:37:35 PM »

Agreed with those who condemn the promoter.. What  a sideshow hunter.  No ore- game media availability, no team promotion. The NFL should ban this guy. An awful production. For the NFL.....part of the NFL games are the social activities, of which there were virtually none. The NFL experience it was not!

No pre-'game practices.the goal post fiasco, no NFL experience section, left a lot to be desired.  The NFL should sue these promoters for incomplete packaging, false advertising and misrepresentation.

The scoreboard and the announcer were a breath of fresh air.,professional.
The NFL game itself was boring.  The two offensive co-ordinators have been ingrained with 1950s style offence. Someone should tell them the forward pass is legal.

Defenses were noticeably faster than CFL it seemed.  Players flying to the ball.
 Different type of crowd, no idiots.
blue_or_die

« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2019, 03:56:02 PM »

I am glad that the Bombers weren't on the hook and were the only ones to come away with a little money. That will look good on the balance sheet in April, especially with no other non-Bomber (or Valour) events like concerts scheduled this summer.

With that said, it is interesting to wonder how it would have gone down if the Bombers were in charge. They would have known the market, and even if they literally did a carbon copy of ticket prices for a CFL regular game (or even playoff game), guaranteed the stadium sells out and everyone is happy. They could have offered to partner with the Raiders to host a tailgate event, and could have married the CFL into the theme more too. It wouldn't have made NFL money, but it would have made a hell of a lot more than what they probably did overall.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Donny C

« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2019, 05:08:11 PM »

I am glad that the Bombers weren't on the hook and were the only ones to come away with a little money. That will look good on the balance sheet in April, especially with no other non-Bomber (or Valour) events like concerts scheduled this summer.

With that said, it is interesting to wonder how it would have gone down if the Bombers were in charge. They would have known the market, and even if they literally did a carbon copy of ticket prices for a CFL regular game (or even playoff game), guaranteed the stadium sells out and everyone is happy. They could have offered to partner with the Raiders to host a tailgate event, and could have married the CFL into the theme more too. It wouldn't have made NFL money, but it would have made a hell of a lot more than what they probably did overall.

Which is why it never happened.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2019, 05:31:19 PM »

oh I'm sure that the NFL made money, otherwise there wouldn't have been a promoter... they made their money when the promoter signed on to take the game... there may have been a small revenue share on tickets sold but by then the NFL was fishing in a barrel...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
theaardvark

« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »

Which is why it never happened.

Can we pretend it didn't happen here either?

oh I'm sure that the NFL made money, otherwise there wouldn't have been a promoter... they made their money when the promoter signed on to take the game... there may have been a small revenue share on tickets sold but by then the NFL was fishing in a barrel...

Promoter probably lost their shirts... if the NFL or WFC get any of the money they are owed... wouldn't be the first time a promoter took the money and ran...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2019, 03:15:47 AM »

Can we pretend it didn't happen here either?

Promoter probably lost their shirts... if the NFL or WFC get any of the money they are owed... wouldn't be the first time a promoter took the money and ran...

Of course.  That would depend on when the Bombers were paid.  I would hope they would have been paid all or a substantial portion of the rental fee for this game beforehand.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2019, 03:40:18 AM »

No Fun League takes the cake for all hype and no delivery.  A fail in every way possible.  O wait half of us went free.  LOL

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  

Jump to: