Blue Bombers Forum
October 21, 2020, 12:44:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 36661 times)
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »

they are playing preseason games 1 at home in the same place they played last year...

Oakland Coliseum is not available for their second pre-season game though.  They have been looking for an alternative stadium to host this game for some time now.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2019, 08:51:31 PM »

Taking a look at ticketmaster  and being generous and assuming all those greyed out dots are sold seats, they may have sold 4,000 at this point.  Considering heavily hyped events rely on the majority of ticket sales in pre-sale (especially when codes are easily available) I think it's safe to say that is an underwhelming number.  Not surprisingly, the majority of those sales are at the three cheapest price points in the upper deck.

By Saturday, when these tickets go on sale to the general public, there will probably be less then 10,000 sold.  Ultimately that means the stadium  will llikely be a little more then half full (20,000ish) for the game in August...unless the start discounting some of the tickets.

Note:  Just noticed The Black Hole is next to the family section and non-alcoholic section.  Boy, that is one smart move by the promoter. Cheesy Roll Eyes
Donny C

« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2019, 08:54:42 PM »

Taking a look at ticketmaster  and being generous and assuming all those greyed out dots are sold seats, they may have sold 4,000 at this point.  Considering heavily hyped events rely on the majority of ticket sales in pre-sale (especially when codes are easily available) I think it's safe to say that is an underwhelming number.  Not surprisingly, the majority of those sales are at the three cheapest price points in the upper deck.

By Saturday, when these tickets go on sale to the general public, there will probably be less then 10,000 sold.  Ultimately that means the stadium  will llikely be a little more then half full (20,000ish) for the game in August...unless the start discounting some of the tickets.

Note:  Just noticed The Black Hole is next to the family section and non-alcoholic section.  Boy, that is one smart move by the promoter. Cheesy Roll Eyes

The pinnacle club sections have not been available for sale, at least not to the public.
RebusRankin

« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

You're ignoring people who might come from outside of Manitoba. Not saying we'll get anyone from Florida or California, but possibly some from North Dakota or northern Minnesota and NW Ontario.

Why would somebody come from ND or Northern Minny? Cheaper to go to a Vikes regular season game.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »

They share the stadium with the Oakland A's, who are playing the Yankees at home August 22nd...

that makes more sense... I'm not a baseball fan...   but, you would have to think that if nothing else, they could have worked out a revenue deal with Green Bay and played the game there...

what if some of these boys can get a passport? lol...

in all honesty though, it's a compliment to Winnipeg and Canada as a whole because the NFL see this as an opportunity for growth as much as solving a single game logistics issue...  I'm not sure if the Bombers logic is "if they come to see the NFL game maybe they come to see Bomber games" will pan out... but maybe seeing how much an NFL ticket cost vs. a CFL ticket for some of these people may allow them to see the value of supporting their local team...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2019, 09:03:18 PM »

Why would somebody come from ND or Northern Minny? Cheaper to go to a Vikes regular season game.

displaced Raiders fan? grabbing at straws here, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gobombersgo

« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »

Brisk ticket sales for NFL pre-season game

by Paul Friesen

Ticket sales for the NFL pre-season between Green Bay and Oakland scheduled for Winnipeg in August were at just under 5,000 after the first 24 hours.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/brisk-ticket-sales-for-nfl-pre-season-game

blueandgoldguy

« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2019, 10:49:28 PM »

Brisk ticket sales for NFL pre-season game

by Paul Friesen

Ticket sales for the NFL pre-season between Green Bay and Oakland scheduled for Winnipeg in August were at just under 5,000 after the first 24 hours.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/brisk-ticket-sales-for-nfl-pre-season-game

Ok, I was off by 1,000 pretty close.  Long ways to go,  I will be impressed if they double that in the next 24 hours.
Pigskin

« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2019, 01:53:08 AM »

My seats are $325.00 per. I still thinking about it.
peg_city

« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2019, 02:08:04 PM »

My seats are $325.00 per. I still thinking about it.

Could just get cheaper ones
Pigskin

« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2019, 04:13:26 PM »

No I enjoy where I sit. I just have to see the valve in a NFL pre-season game at $750.00 plus, and I am not a fan of either team.
theaardvark

« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »

Hear that it costs more to open and run the Raiders :home" field than you can make off a preseason game, so they "lose less money" having it here...  not sure how true that it, but it might be, considering the new lease for this year apparently doubled...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2019, 01:58:16 AM »

Anyone know if you have to call the office or is their a code for season ticket holders. for the nfl pre season game 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:03:47 AM by buckzumhoff » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2019, 06:28:58 AM »

At least you won't be stopping STH's from giving their seats to deserving children...  Cool

Well played, Aards.  Well played.

My dad & I got our tickets before the STH deadline, and we'll be going with some family from, of all places, Wisconsin.  I think it'll be great fun and you just gotta go to this once in a lifetime event.  I hope WPG represents well on TV (big crowd, etc.).  My guess is it will get over 25k.

I think the pricing is very smart.  Sure, the high prices are too high, but rich people will pay it.  But, importantly, the bad-seat low prices are low relative to the high-end seats, and that will fill up the EZs and corners.  I always say the Bombers charge too much for EZ seats.  They should learn from this when they see the EZ completely filled for the NFL game.

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2019, 12:21:51 PM »

I?d do it but not in the budget this year.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: