Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2020, 02:21:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg to host an NFL preseason game  (Read 36700 times)
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »

what happened 1st time?

this will help pay off the stadium that made soccer possible

This game could actually cost the Bombers money if they don't sell enough tickets.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2019, 07:57:32 PM »

The $100 I paid is basically the price of a Jets game, so no regrets

Oh ya, I'm going too. Seeing Aaron Rodgers for a quarter or two is worth the price alone but even still I never regret paying to watch live football. Way cheaper than traveling to see a game which is what I normally do. Just that I can see why some folks may pass.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2019, 08:01:47 PM »

Soccer is not a sport. I've sat got tickets thru work to whitecaps and TFC games when I've been on work trips. One game ended in a 0-0 tie. The fans were absolutekly thrilled for some reason. How can a 0-0 tie be a good outcome? Thats boring AF and pathetic. just my 2 cents

haha.  Tell that to the rest of the world.  There is no other sport more popular then soccer.
peg_city

« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »

This game could actually cost the Bombers money if they don't sell enough tickets.

Bombers aren?t putting on the event. They will make money from the Stadium rental regardless of how many people buy tickets.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2019, 08:07:36 PM »

Based on the prices you have seen, will this game sell out?

Doubtful.  Unless corporations buy at least two-thirds of the seats and the corporate wealth in a city of 800,000 will only get you so far.  Far better to go to Minny and see a regular season game that means something and possibly for a comparable price in many cases.

i think they will sell half the seats in the weeks leading up to the game and then start selling bunches of tickets to businesses at a fraction of the cost to bring official attendance up into the 25,000 range...something like Nissan buying thousands of Grey Cup tickets in 2015 for a fraction of their face value to help the game sellout.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »

Wow.. 8 tickets.  So, I guess there's not going to be a lot for sale on Sat...

Don't know why they couldn't let STH take thier seats first, say a 24 hour window, then open it up to VFC STH for another day, and then this open season 8 ticket for those that did not want thier own seats starting on Friday at noon, and then open season on Sat... kinda sucks for guys like Donny and my buddy who have amazing seats but won't be allowed to sit in them...

Seats have barely moved.  Cheapest seats have sold out - no surprise as those are really the only reasonably priced ones.  My guess is by Saturday, they will be lucky to have sold 10,000 tickets total. 5,000 - 7,000 maybe be more likely. 

There will be lots of tickets available at those insane prices.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »

sources say the NFL dictates the price of admission.
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/winnipeg-officially-set-to-host-nfl-pre-season-tilt-510842702.html
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2019, 08:16:53 PM »

Bombers aren?t putting on the event. They will make money from the Stadium rental regardless of how many people buy tickets.

Are you sure the NFL teams are paying for their own travel and accommodations?  That could easily run into the millions given how large training camp rosters are.  I had heard the Bombers had to pick up a portion of the tab. 
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2019, 08:20:12 PM »

Are you sure the NFL teams are paying for their own travel and accommodations?  That could easily run into the millions given how large training camp rosters are.  I had heard the Bombers had to pick up a portion of the tab. 

Why wouldn't the teams be paying for their own travel and accommodations? Makes no difference where the game is.
TBURGESS

« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »

Why wouldn't the teams be paying for their own travel and accommodations? Makes no difference where the game is.
Only the away team has to pay for travel. In this case both teams have to travel. I'm guessing that the Bombers have to pay for the 'home' teams travel expenses.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
peg_city

« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2019, 08:28:44 PM »

Once again. The Bombers aren?t putting on the event. A promotion has rented the stadium.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2019, 08:29:08 PM »

Only the away team has to pay for travel. In this case both teams have to travel. I'm guessing that the Bombers have to pay for the 'home' teams travel expenses.

Honestly, I doubt it the Bombers are paying for that. The Raiders chose to come here instead of play somewhere close by in the US. There are a ton of stadiums. Who knows how the gate money is carved up exactly but it's almost certainly underwritten by the promoter like virtually every concert and big travelling event. The NFL has a ton of money and has always played nice with the CFL.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2019, 08:34:18 PM »

I would have to think the Bombers would have to pay for at least the Raiders travel and hotel.  That is an extra expense they would not have to incur had the game been at home.  It may have also been part of negotiations or conditions set upon the Bombers to bring an NFL game here.  NFL - give us certain things or we will take this game elsewhere.

As for rent, I'm sure the Bombers will receive a base amount, but it is possible they could receive an amount over and above this based on the amount of ticket revenue?  ie. if the game bombs will the team actually receive more then a few hundred thousand in rent?
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2019, 08:35:47 PM »

See that makes sense to me - Bombers pay for the Raiders hotel and airfare.  That could run over a million easily.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »

Honestly, I doubt it the Bombers are paying for that. The Raiders chose to come here instead of play somewhere close by in the US. There are a ton of stadiums. Who knows how the gate money is carved up exactly but it's almost certainly underwritten by the promoter like virtually every concert and big travelling event. The NFL has a ton of money and has always played nice with the CFL.

They could use those other stadiums and locations as leverage in negotiations though.  Pay for our hotel and airfare or we will look at another market that will.

I certainly don't think the NFL is playing nice.  Look at those ticket prices - gouging the market.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: