Blue Bombers Forum
September 28, 2020, 03:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers Transactions - August 19, 2019  (Read 4522 times)
kkc60

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2019, 01:53:47 PM »

Were Bond available, sure.  But an unknown OG?  I'll take our guys, thanks...
That logic is flawed. You do realize every player starts somewhere, right? Now that's not to say our Americans are better but how do you know they aren't?
theaardvark

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2019, 02:06:04 PM »

That logic is flawed. You do realize every player starts somewhere, right? Now that's not to say our Americans are better but how do you know they aren't?

The logic is 100%.  The whole concept of do you know who is better or not can be said to everything, Shroedingers Cat... but we know where our current players are, and how they fare in practice / game.  Bringing in someone green, especially an OLineman where knowing what your team mate is doing is so important (see reference earlier that an all star OT might have whiffed a block based on the guy beside him), it is hard to plug and play, regardless the talent.  Geoff Gray, highly touted and with NFL experience did not just get plunked into an OG spot.  Not sure of your logic that we could find an AM OG that we could do that with...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »

The logic is 100%.  The whole concept of do you know who is better or not can be said to everything, Shroedingers Cat... but we know where our current players are, and how they fare in practice / game.  Bringing in someone green, especially an OLineman where knowing what your team mate is doing is so important (see reference earlier that an all star OT might have whiffed a block based on the guy beside him), it is hard to plug and play, regardless the talent.  Geoff Gray, highly touted and with NFL experience did not just get plunked into an OG spot.  Not sure of your logic that we could find an AM OG that we could do that with...
Again, the whole "Bryant whiffed because of Desjarlais" theory is just another, well, theory. It's making it more than it is.

Nowhere did I say we could find an American guard. I just said standing pat all the time because you never know what you have isn't a recipe for success. If a guy like Desjarlais struggles and becomes a weak spot, you can't tell me we shouldn't see what else we have
DM83

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2019, 03:39:55 PM »

Mods lets freeze this thread.
I opened it expecting to see some news on player coming in or going and I see some argument about something no one knows anything about.
The thread is not about transaction anymore.
Stop it!
Blue In BC

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »

That's a theory. But super unrealistic. If it was a run play maybe. But it was a pass meaning Bryant definitely was supposed to take the end and got beat by a good one

Yes it's a theory but has validity. The shortest path to the QB is an inside path. It did appear it was just a whiff by Bryant. It doesn't mean there wasn't a split second look over at the gap between him and Desjarlais starting his 1st game.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »

Every team ever uses vocal shout outs to the blindside pressure. This is not unique to Calgary. This is taught to every OL and QB from Pop Warner to the pros and every level between. I'm not sure why you would even think that it's not done?

Because I have ears.  I listen as carefully as I watch.  That's pretty carefully.  I'm a bit OCD.

In many CGY home games last year you can easily make out the sideline calls to BLM warning him of issues.  That's why he escapes like magic so much.

Funny, I heard WPG screaming from the sidelines to the D when it was onfield a few times.  Some guy who had one heck of a loud yell!

But I've yet to hear WPG O at home games shouting signals to Nichols from the sidelines.  Watch the Nichols hit again, and listen on max vol with headphones, and watch Matt... there is no signal and Matt has not even 1/100th of a second to react.  He's literally sitting in the pocket whistling dixie and thinking of bunnies and daisies while going through his reads.

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2019, 03:16:38 PM »

I think the bombers have made smart moves all year. I like the fact that Walters and MOS don't have the knee jerk reaction to every injury or bad play.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: