Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 03:30:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: James Franklin - Potential Trade Partner Article  (Read 5989 times)
BigBomberFan

« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2019, 03:44:16 AM »

as much as I love Franklin's skills when playing behind a good line, a second round pick would be a good deal, if... if he wasn't so injury prone himself... Franklin being a Missouri Tiger gave me the pleasure of watching him play 4 years at Missouri... however, he got injured every year... he'd miss multiple games every year... a guy is only good to you if he's able to play...

Streveler is every bit as good as Franklin... hard pass...

Did Franklin really get injured every year at Missouri? If that's true, then that's not so good. I still say that Franklin has the best potential out of the QB's that would be available. Jennings, I'd think, we could get for next to nothing, but he's looked terrible in Ottawa, and even when he had his 5000 + yard year, interceptions and ball security were a problem at times, but since then, he'd maintained the risky play without getting the yardage.

To me, Franklin still is the best available QB that we can secure at a decent trade leverage. But that is also dependent on how injured he is and what the doctors say.

What a weird year for QB's.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2019, 06:05:59 AM »

Franklin is a definite no... I would consider Bethel a Thompson though..
GCn19

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »

Franklin is a definite no... I would consider Bethel a Thompson though..

MBT was actually on our PR for a while before heading to TO.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2019, 12:18:58 PM »

Did Franklin really get injured every year at Missouri? If that's true, then that's not so good. I still say that Franklin has the best potential out of the QB's that would be available. Jennings, I'd think, we could get for next to nothing, but he's looked terrible in Ottawa, and even when he had his 5000 + yard year, interceptions and ball security were a problem at times, but since then, he'd maintained the risky play without getting the yardage.

To me, Franklin still is the best available QB that we can secure at a decent trade leverage. But that is also dependent on how injured he is and what the doctors say.

What a weird year for QB's.

he sure did, sorry to say... I'm a fan of Franklin though, just worried that if he came here he'd be injured again, like this year... believe it or not it ran the ball much like Streveler does, that's how he go the nickname 'Frank the Tank'... saw he truck more than a couple of guys while he played here...

2013 was probably his worse injury... got literally body slammed by a big boy from Georgia and hurt his shoulder...

it's hard to label him that way, but, it seems that anytime he's 'the guy' and playing, or planning on playing the starting role he has came up injured... he probably missed 8 or 9 complete games beside the games that he was injured in... there were also some games that he was credited with a start but didn't complete the game too...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
theaardvark

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2019, 02:11:49 PM »

There were comments that Collaros and MBT would have the same SMS hit for the balance of the season due to up front money for Collaros already paid by the Riders.

Whatever the numbers are it's probably less than the $750K the Lions are paying for Reilly when you consider Franklin on IR for 6 games or more and Collaros not yet counting against SMS.

How about Franklin?  Having him on the roster healthy and starting MBT or Collaros is a big waste of $M$...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »

How about Franklin?  Having him on the roster healthy and starting MBT or Collaros is a big waste of $M$...

No indication that will happen. Haven't even heard with certainty that Collaros or Franklin are back practicing. Franklin was supposed to start practicing this week but I never heard whether it happened.

Starting practice and being ready to be activated are not necessarily the same thing.

No more excuses.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »

Personally, I think Alex Ross will be the guy we sign. He checks off all the boxes. He knows our system, he has CFL experience, and is thought of highly by our coaches.

I like this idea. He's a FA right now, yes...?

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2019, 05:54:35 PM »

I like this idea. He's a FA right now, yes...?

No, I'm pretty sure he's tearing it up in the AAF right now

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
66 Chevelle

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2019, 07:40:35 PM »

he's still waiting for game 8...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
theaardvark

« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2019, 08:30:30 PM »

He replaced another former Bomber QB in San Diego...  Philip Nelson.  Do we give him another kick at the can?  He had a broken clavicle... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: