Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 01:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers Add Two to Roster - March 12,2019  (Read 1654 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: March 13, 2019, 04:08:29 AM »

Bombers Add Two to Roster

WINNIPEG, MB., March 12, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed international linebackers Dale Warren and Chinedu Oparaku.

Warren (6'0, 225, Chattanooga, October 8, 1995 in Covington, GA.) played four seasons for the Chattanooga Mocs, tallying 151 total tackles, 26 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and seven sacks in 43 games played. In his junior year, Warren tied the single season record in tackles for a loss.

Oparaku (6'2, 210, Fairmont State University, November 27, 1996 in Prince George?s County, MD.) played three seasons with Fairmont State University, playing 17 games at linebacker and on special teams. In his senior year, Oparaku recorded 33 tackles, one sack and one blocked kick. Oparaku also recorded three sacks in the 2017 National Bowl. In 2018, Oparaku spent time with the Blue Bombers during training camp.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
DM83

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 02:26:12 AM »

Are we playing in the Austrailian rules rugby league.  All we are signing  are weak side linebackers
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »

Are we playing in the Austrailian rules rugby league.  All we are signing  are weak side linebackers

How do you know they are all WIL candidates only and can't also be MLB back ups as well. Realistically our choice needs to be able to play both positions. An injury at MLB would be more difficult to fill than at WIL.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »

How do you know they are all WIL candidates only and can't also be MLB back ups as well. Realistically our choice needs to be able to play both positions. An injury at MLB would be more difficult to fill than at WIL.

Wilson can slot in at MLB, and would be our DI at LB if one of the recruits can unseat him for WIL...  I'd rather have a true WIL starting and Wilson backing up both...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:31:22 PM »

Wilson can slot in at MLB, and would be our DI at LB if one of the recruits can unseat him for WIL...  I'd rather have a true WIL starting and Wilson backing up both...

Injury may have been a bit of a concern but his salary expectation was too high IMO for that position. I'm not as convinced that Wilson is the guy but we should have success filling the position in TC. Or we may still end up signing Ackie which improves our ratio options.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »

Yeah Wilson may..or may not be the guy but regardless the position is fairly easy to fill...find an athletic guy and the position translates well from American to Cnadian ball. Ace in the hole is if we can grab Ackie...and I hope if we land him, we go status quo with ration on offence from last year and start Nationals at safety and Will..and the have the ability to swap out and import freely on defense for any rotation..Wilson and him can share reps, or him and a newbie if Wilson is bumped off roster

Ackie is still clinging for any NFL opportunity out there, though I bet you see him sign after the glut of NFL mini camps are filled/completed and he didn't get a sniff with the boatload of fodder that teams look at to basically be punching bags
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:42:58 PM by booch » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »

Injury may have been a bit of a concern but his salary expectation was too high IMO for that position. I'm not as convinced that Wilson is the guy but we should have success filling the position in TC. Or we may still end up signing Ackie which improves our ratio options.

I wonder why the delay in Ackie signing with a CFL club he should be a popular commodity, is he trying to catch on in the NFL?
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 02:53:27 PM »

I wonder why the delay in Ackie signing with a CFL club he should be a popular commodity, is he trying to catch on in the NFL?

The bigger issue might be his choices within the CFL when he comes back / chooses to sign. There will be other teams interested but Winnipeg gives him a chance to start which might be our card in the hole.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »

If we take/get Ackie, I hope he goes straight to Nichols and apologizes for that somewhat nasty hit (penalized) on his head in the MTL-Miracle game!   Shocked Grin Grin

Ackie sure is a physical player, and I would be fine with him in B&G as long as he keeps those UR penalties down.  We would have a pretty mean LB corps if we got him... scare the bejeebus out of slots going for short crossers.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: