Blue Bombers Forum
July 05, 2020, 08:52:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Mock Draft  (Read 4678 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 06:46:24 PM »

We don't have to do anything I suppose, but my prediction is we will do that. "Lots of bodies in camp" doesn't tell me anything nor is it particularly relevant. ALL teams have "the legally allowed number of bodies" in camp. I'm not confident that a 6th or 8th round pick from last year's draft will be good enough to win a backup job on the OL this year which would make them one season-ending injury away from being a full-time CFL starter. I think we are looking to start a Canadian on the defensive line in week 1 and therefore we might be willing to take another chance at drafting a solution to that problem. We have enough holes that need to be immediately filled to take a future with pick 4 or 5, in my opinion. It made a ton of sense in previous years, but every season is different.

I really can't see it, and no great reason ratio wise to start a Natl. DT as they can always adjust the ratio by adding another Natl. receiver if they decide to start 3 Import O-linemen.  As it stands they have Bryant, Thomas and Forde playing DT, that means at times Bryant would end up on the sideline in rotation as it's unlikely he has the stamina to play an entire game.  Starting a DT draft pick coming out of college sounds pretty unlikely, the bullies across the line from him would eat his lunch and shove the empty lunch-bag up his ***.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:02:34 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »

I think that one of the DT spots will be an NI this year and that we will draft at least one who will be pencilled into the rotation.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue girl

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 07:22:45 PM »

I really can't see it, and no great reason ratio wise to start a Natl. DT as they can always adjust the ratio by adding another Natl. receiver if they decide to start 3 Import O-linemen.  As it stands they have Bryant, Thomas and Forde playing DT, that means at times Bryant would end up on the sideline in rotation as it's unlikely he has the stamina to play an entire game.  Starting a DT draft pick coming out of college sounds pretty unlikely, the bullies across the line from him would eat his lunch and shove the empty lunch-bag up his ***.
You're right. Kyle Walters said last night that they haven't decided where to start the 7th non-import. IMO it will be at DT, OL or receiver.
booch

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »

I think ratio wise we go same as last year to be honest, 3 o-lineman..2 receivers...running back and safety. Although I have a feeling we may just say each game we are starting 8 Nationals...with Thomas or Forde the "token" starter on defense, but not needed so we can technically sub freely on defense with an import anywhere needed just leaving the safety in and still meeting the required 7 starters...would allow us some flexability and different use of our DI's on defense
3rdand1.5

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »

I think ratio wise we go same as last year to be honest, 3 o-lineman..2 receivers...running back and safety. Although I have a feeling we may just say each game we are starting 8 Nationals...with Thomas or Forde the "token" starter on defense, but not needed so we can technically sub freely on defense with an import anywhere needed just leaving the safety in and still meeting the required 7 starters...would allow us some flexability and different use of our DI's on defense

That sounds very plausible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: