Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 08:48:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alumni Profile | Dieter Brock  (Read 754 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: March 05, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »

Alumni Profile | Dieter Brock - Ed Tait

Years with the Bombers:
1974-83
Position: Quarterback
Currently resides: Birmingham, Alabama
Occupation: Retired/semi-retired football coach still interested in coaching and football consulting
Family: Wife: Jamie; Children: Hayley, 24, and Kaleb Thomas, 20; Grandsons: Griffy, 4, and Damien, 3.

5 Quick Facts about Dieter Brock

Known as 'The Birmingham Rifle', Brock finished his playing days as the second leading passer in CFL history, behind only Ron Lancaster at the time. Brock remains the Bombers all-time leader in passing yards (29,623), completions (2,167) and TD passes (177).

Brock is one of only seven Bombers to be named the CFL?s Most Outstanding Player, and the only one to win it in back-to-back seasons - 1980 and 1981. He was named the Bombers Most Outstanding Player four times (1978, 1980, 1981, 1982).

He led the CFL in passing four times, during a time in which there were six QBs who would later be enshrined into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame (Warren Moon, Conredge Holloway, Ron Lancaster, Tom Clements, Tom Wilkinson and Matt Dunigan).

Brock and San Diego Chargers icon Dan Fouts were the first QBs in pro football history to throw for over 4,000 yards in three consecutive seasons.

Brock signed with the Los Angeles Rams as a 33-year-old NFL rookie after his CFL days after a 20-minute workout for then-Rams head coach John Robinson, who said in an interview with Sports Illustrated: ?I?ve coached a lot of great quarterbacks in my day, including Dan Fouts when he was at Oregon. This guy may be the best I?ve ever seen throwing the ball.? Brock would go 11-4 as a starter for the Rams in 1985 and lead them to the NFC Championship game.......

See the rest of Ed Tait's article here!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »

I have his 1982 home game worn jersey complete with nameplate. Smiley

No more excuses.
Jesse

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »

I have his 1982 home game worn jersey complete with nameplate. Smiley

I am incredibly jealous.

Both of the jersey and that you obviously got to see him play.

All I have wanted over the past 15 years or so I've been a fan is to see an elite QB in blue and gold. I've never been able to buy a QB jersey.

My wife is amazing!
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 04:48:30 PM »

I am incredibly jealous.

Both of the jersey and that you obviously got to see him play.

All I have wanted over the past 15 years or so I've been a fan is to see an elite QB in blue and gold. I've never been able to buy a QB jersey.

Got it as a 1982 Xmas present. Brother bought it at the post season equipment sale. Has a cleat hole in the sleeve to boot. I'm amazed how " small / tight " it is. I'm only 180 lbs and it's tight on me even without any pads.

No more excuses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: