Rumour: NFL Preseason game at Mosaic in Regina

Started by upp, March 04, 2019, 11:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Comparing a football game in Toronto to one in SSK?  Talk about apples and orangutangs..  Argos can't draw flies, and the game was in the Dome...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 06, 2019, 06:58:28 PM
On the radio they were talking about it and comparing it to when the Bills did their series in Toronto.

While getting an NFL preseason game is super cool and would do well in Sask, it's not even closely comparable to a regular season game. It's just a neat novelty.

How is it even remotely comparable? ???

And really, why even attempt to make that comparison? The Bills Toronto Series was ultimately a disaster and then was cancelled.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 06, 2019, 07:50:04 PM
How is it even remotely comparable? ???

And really, why even attempt to make that comparison? The Bills Toronto Series was ultimately a disaster and then was cancelled.

The comparison really got ridiculous when the DJ (not sports radio) talked about how great the Toronto NFL experiment was  :D

I wonder if this is the perception of the general population, though- that it's on the same level as a regular season NFL game. Good for a laugh if you're a football fan, but it's realistic that this may actually be the case
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

"The Bills Toronto Series: so great it was postponed and then canceled!"
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 06, 2019, 09:47:33 PM
"The Bills Toronto Series: so great it was postponed and then canceled!"

Was that before or after Trump tried to buy the Bills?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gobombersgo

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 26, 2019, 03:21:47 PM
Sounds like this is gaining steam: https://www.bardown.com/an-nfl-team-is-considering-playing-a-2019-game-in-a-canadian-city-1.1279911
The Riders have said they don't want the game in Regina and the Bombers are exploring the possibility of the game being played in Winnipeg.

3DownNation has a few articles on the topic on their website.

theaardvark

Could be Edmonton or Calgary too... not sure why BC place isn't the first choice.  Capacity, roof... it has all the fixings...

gobombersgo

Quote from: theaardvark on March 26, 2019, 09:15:55 PM
Could be Edmonton or Calgary too... not sure why BC place isn't the first choice.  Capacity, roof... it has all the fixings...
Edmonton and BC play at home that week-end.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gobombersgo on March 26, 2019, 07:43:55 PM
The Riders have said they don't want the game in Regina and the Bombers are exploring the possibility of the game being played in Winnipeg.

3DownNation has a few articles on the topic on their website.

Well, so much for that lame idea.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.