Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2020, 01:53:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3Down Power Rankings - Spring Update  (Read 3496 times)
dd

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 12:09:16 AM »

Surprised by our high ranking given our question marks on our O line and #1 receiver. We could easily fall to 5th depending on how that plays out. That said,  Very early to be ranking anything and every team has question marks at this stage in the season. We don?t have a #1receicer and 2 O line question marks, and Calgary has lost their MLB and some key receivers. We ll see......
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 07:38:21 AM »

BC in #3 is crazy.  It's basically a rebuild and chaos.  Reilly may be a great QB but he can't make a team #3 all on his own: see '18 EDM for proof.

Other than that, I like those rankings!  Job #1 this year is find ways to consistently beat CGY; nothing else matters.

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »

I understand BC at #3, they spent to buy a team, and Claybrooks has that fresh shiny new thing look at HC, and Hervey built the Edm team... so I can understand the optimism... but losing Solly is going to hurt (whether they trade, release or keep him, he's lost the love...)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
trapper

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 10:59:54 PM »

I have no idea how you can do Power Rankings when so much turnover occurred with many teams.  That said, I do understand they are an on-paper thing.

I have no idea how to order the 4 non-Rider western teams.  Although I think Edm/Cal/BC are much stronger on offense than the Bombers, I would right now put the Bombers top on a full team basis.  They played in the Western Final and have remained the most consistent as far as personnel go. Bombers and the Riders, IMO, have much stronger defenses than BC/Cal/Edm.

Hamilton could make a good run...especially with strength of schedule.  Riders could potentially ride the defense and ST again and get some wins.

Who knows.... lol 
kkc60

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 03:59:57 AM »

I understand BC at #3, they spent to buy a team, and Claybrooks has that fresh shiny new thing look at HC, and Hervey built the Edm team... so I can understand the optimism... but losing Solly is going to hurt (whether they trade, release or keep him, he's lost the love...)
I dunno. Every team lost at least one important player. They made the playoffs last year without Solly
GCn19

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »

I dunno. Every team lost at least one important player. They made the playoffs last year without Solly

Their defence right now looks to be a complete rebuild. They lost a heck of a lot more on defence than just Solly. A lot of their defence is a giant question mark.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 01:55:22 PM »

Sure. They crossed over and got absolutely annihilated. And that defense is now worse off than it was then.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 06:38:13 AM »

Their defence right now looks to be a complete rebuild. They lost a heck of a lot more on defence than just Solly. A lot of their defence is a giant question mark.

Ya, their defence is all here in WPG!!  Cheesy Grin

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »

They did pick up Grymes..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »

They did pick up Grymes..

But lost Awe, Lemon, Lokombo, Orange, and Rose.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:21:06 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 04:04:35 PM »

And might be forced into trading Elimimian.

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »

That's too bad about those colours but we are talking about football here

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »

That's too bad about those colours but we are talking about football here

Well, I was actually referring to citrus fruits and flowers. Grin

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: